Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 11:06 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times

Advertisements

With over 300 million people you'd think that the United States could produce an elected official with some great ideas to help lead us out of our malaise.

Consider the economy.

Some feel that this guy should get more of a platform:

Paul Ryan (politician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...but people seem to get too caught up on the (R) or (D) next to a person's name!

To fix America, we need to start ignoring party affiliation and listen to any good ideas NO MATTER WHERE THEY COME FROM!

Please help me identify more less well-known politicians with great ideas!

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 11:28 AM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
With over 300 million people you'd think that the United States could produce an elected official with some great ideas to help lead us out of our malaise.

Consider the economy.

...but people seem to get too caught up on the (R) or (D) next to a person's name!

To fix America, we need to start ignoring party affiliation and listen to any good ideas NO MATTER WHERE THEY COME FROM!

Thanks.
I certainly agree. However, from the looks of things, no matter who sprouts these "good ideas", needs to be hooked up to a lie detector. Because, IMO, the person in office, whom I voted for, has misplaced priorities, is efficient ignorant, or is just an out-n-out liar. As 98% of them are. Good luck to us all. We NEED it. Oh, do we NEED it.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:49 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,217,763 times
Quote:

Consider the economy.

Thanks.
Good post, clb10. While reading the thread title in the index I decided to post the name Paul Ryan. Turns out he was already here.

Put Ryan on the ticket, I'll end my ban on voting for major party candidates. If this keeps up he won't have a choice in 2012.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:57 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,903,410 times
Kucinich. Bless his heart, he tries to stop the warmongers, and idiots, but they dismiss him as a "weakling." Typical war monger behavior.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:26 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,982,506 times
Quote:

Consider the economy.

Thanks.
A non-partisan tax policy think tank found that Paul Ryan's plan would NOT reduce the deficit. What it would do is provide huge tax cuts for the rich and primarily benefit cuts for the middle class.

You can read all about it here.

Paul Krugman: Let's unfold Paul Ryan's map, see where it really leads | StarTribune.com

"The Tax Policy Center finds that the Ryan plan would cut taxes on the richest 1 percent of the population in half, giving them 117 percent of the plan's total tax cuts. That's not a misprint. Even as it slashed taxes at the top, the plan would raise taxes for 95 percent of the population."

This is yet another thread where misinformed, uneducated, lower class whites advocate a policy that would directly hurt their own family's well being.

Did you notice all the, so serious, "yes, this Paul Ryan sounds like the right man" comments???....LOL .....They have no clue!

Right wing brainwashing in action!

Last edited by padcrasher; 08-22-2010 at 12:37 PM..

Old 08-22-2010, 12:28 PM

5,758 posts, read 11,639,313 times
Paul Ryan is one of the few politicians who seems to understand that long-term entitlement programs are the main source of our future budget uncertainties.

Too many other politicians mutter about "pork" and "cutting waste," without noting that the entire non-defense discretionary budget could be eliminated, and we'd still be in debt.

They don't want to mention this, because it sucks the wind out of their sails, and would force them to talk about Social Security and Medicare and defense spending.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:29 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,815,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Kucinich. Bless his heart, he tries to stop the warmongers, and idiots, but they dismiss him as a "weakling." Typical war monger behavior.
Kucinich is a great choice, along with alan grayson and howard dean. All have the attitudes and views to really lead the country into progress.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:37 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Kucinich is a great choice, along with alan grayson and howard dean. All have the attitudes and views to really lead the country into progress.
Too radical on defense issues, which generally appeals to the far left, not everyone else. Other than that, I could see how those three individuals would be appealing to Democrats. Thinking outside of the box is not necessarily a bad thing, something our current crop of legislators just don't know how to do.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:42 PM

4,562 posts, read 4,104,044 times
I'd like to see Kucinich and Ron Paul get locked in a room and make compromises on major issues. I think those could be solutions that could work for America. (not to mention they would have kept us in a lot less debt by not launching us into unnecessary, poorly planned, wars)

I don't think many people would be happy, but I think those two could create some common sense compromises that everyone could live with.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:47 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
A non-partisan tax policy think tank found that Paul Ryan's plan would NOT reduce the deficit. What it would do is provide huge tax cuts for the rich and primarily benefit cuts for the middle class.

You can read all about it here.

Paul Krugman: Let's unfold Paul Ryan's map, see where it really leads | StarTribune.com

"The Tax Policy Center finds that the Ryan plan would cut taxes on the richest 1 percent of the population in half, giving them 117 percent of the plan's total tax cuts. That's not a misprint. Even as it slashed taxes at the top, the plan would raise taxes for 95 percent of the population."

This is yet another thread where misinformed, uneducated, lower class whites advocate a policy that would directly hurt their own family's well being.

Did you notice all the, so serious, "yes, this Paul Ryan sounds like the right man" comments???....LOL .....They have no clue!

Right wing brainwashing in action!
This kind of political stereotyping is what is keeping Americans at each other's throats and limiting progress for real solutions to our problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies