Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 12:34 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

I agree that the private school has a right to choose who they allow and who they don't, but it's unfortunate that news stories like this always bring out right-wing hatred. It's not enough for them to agree with the school; they have to go further and make vicious comments about gays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2010, 01:12 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I agree that the private school has a right to choose who they allow and who they don't, but it's unfortunate that news stories like this always bring out right-wing hatred. It's not enough for them to agree with the school; they have to go further and make vicious comments about gays.
The article didn't make any vicious comments about gays, and over thirty posts deep into the thread there are no vicious comments to be found about gays.

The only hatred that is evident is about the state of Texas posted by a couple of malcontents.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:39 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I support this school, and I am repulsed that a child is used as Gay Rights Ammunition.

Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
Texas school rejects 4-year-old over lesbian parents - CNN.com

I dunno what to think here.

For one, I don't think that this girl should be denied anything in life because of who her parents are, and in this case she is being denied the education that her parents want for her. However, since most schools encourage parents to be active and interested in their child's schooling, I can understand why they wouldn't want this couple attending school-sponsored events when they go against the school's message.

I don't know. I do think that this couple is wrong to put their daughter in a position where she is a symbol of gay rights. I'm part of the gay rights movement, but I'm also not a minor. I don't think minors should be symbols of our movement; it's wrong.

ETA: I should have mentioned this is a PRIVATE school. If it were a public school, I would of course be on the lesbian couple's side.
What's a "symbol of gay rights"? The fact that there are two loving parents who want their 4 year-old daughter to get a good education? How dare they!!

Old 08-24-2010, 02:22 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Those uppity lesbians. Next thing you know they will want to drink from the same water fountains as straight people.

Whole world is going to heck!.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:27 PM

720 posts, read 691,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I support this school, and I am repulsed that a child is used as Gay Rights Ammunition.

Yep, lest we forget that it is a PRIVATE school, with private funding and owned privatley...Which means that whether what they did is right or wrong, they still have a RIGHT to behave that way!

Old 08-24-2010, 03:03 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,399,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Church exists for that reason, and the place she went was a SCHOOL not a church.
Uh, isn't this a CHRISTIAN school after all? If it was a PUBLIC school, understandable. Who says you have to be save in a church? As long as there's a disciple (Jesus follower/paster/whatever), you can be save anywhere.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:09 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Self-absorbed gay parents using small children as political fodder to further their Gay Agenda? I'm shocked. No, really.

It's no wonder countries like China bans homosexuals from adopting children. Wish we'd do the same if all they're going to do is use the poor kids for political gain, and posing as mascots in their little gay pride parades to show the world how "normal" they are.
WTH is wrong with you?
Can you read?
They never said anything about making this a political issue.
They said they wanted their daughter to be taught in a christian environment.
They also said they didn't want to have anything to do with a school that didn't want them.
Either read the articles or keep it shut. Using your ignorance and hatred to spread lies doesn't make you look very good, and it sure undermines the rest of us conservatives who are trying to convince the world that we're not all bible-beating morons.

Old 08-24-2010, 03:10 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
WHERE in the article does it say that, imply that, or refer to that in any way?!

Old 08-24-2010, 03:14 PM

720 posts, read 691,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
WHERE in the article does it say that, imply that, or refer to that in any way?!

Well, it is called common sense...The parents are pissed so they call the news media, now just sit back and watch...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies