Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2010, 09:09 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
Seriously I am trying to understand this psyche.

Why are these comments made:

“There’s nothing we can do that will solve the problems that we have and keep the peace unless we solve it through God,” said Beck in the Fox interview.

“America today begins to turn back to God.”

Beck Says His `Restoring Honor' Rally Shows Discontent With U.S. Direction - Bloomberg
Religion is important in America and their lives. That doesn't mean it's a requirement but to the many millions of people who find salvation in religion it means a lot to hear that they're not on their own and that their nation has not lost its grounding.

To find its founding of religious beliefs one has to go no further than our deceleration... Not many, if any, other nations were founded on such beliefs with them specifically mentioned in their declarations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 09:14 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The news media pronounces him(Mormon Glenn Beck) the new leader of America’s Christian
conservative movement, and a flock of America’s Christian conservatives have no problem
with that.

If you’d told me that ten years ago, I would have assumed it was from the pages of an
evangelical apocalyptic novel about the end-times. But it’s not. It’s from this week’s headlines.
And it is a scandal.....

Read More
Very interesting bit of far left secularism. Secularism is all I saw there, though.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
No it was a very good peaceful gathering.Who could ask for more. If that was fail in your eyes too bad. what did you want to call it a success violence? looting? or other lefty behaviour
I guess being a repug you don't see the hate posts of your fellow rightists...or maybe they didn't attend the rally in person and "goodwill" doesn't develop until you hear the bagpipes live and sing another stanza of "Amazing Grace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Still waiting for your answer: why did this event, one which benefits the families and children of wounded warriors, make Glenn Beck evil in your eyes? Specifics please.
I think he posted you a link to what is the answer. Sad a**ed secularism that we have been teaching our children long enough for it to have rubbed off on Moore.

17,427 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozgal View Post
Seriously I am trying to understand this psyche.

Why are these comments made:

“There’s nothing we can do that will solve the problems that we have and keep the peace unless we solve it through God,” said Beck in the Fox interview.

“America today begins to turn back to God.”

Beck Says His `Restoring Honor' Rally Shows Discontent With U.S. Direction - Bloomberg
They're pretty simple statements actually. I can't believe you're having a hard time comprehending them.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:20 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,477,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm telling you, their reaction to this rally is truly something to behold. I had no idea talk of God and unity and love would garner such a vicious reaction.

I had no idea they would take offense at raising $5 million for the children of our great soldiers.

What kind of creature could find fault in that?
Sanrene - Only the lowest of low-life creatures...

Old 08-29-2010, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
This is where actually watching Glenn Beck from time to time would come in handy.

Just sayin' ...
They won't watch Beck although they can see him any hour of the day. I think most of this is not taking a chance of being led astray. If you ignore him he can't "get" to you.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:23 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
I guess being a repug you don't see the hate posts of your fellow rightists...or maybe they didn't attend the rally in person and "goodwill" doesn't develop until you hear the bagpipes live and sing another stanza of "Amazing Grace"
I am not a repug and never have been. and I am not a rightist either .I am a free American. I am not told by anyone or group how to think or act. I watched the rally and thought it was peacefull and wonderfull and yes it inspired me to give thanks to the wonderful country I live in. I love America

Old 08-29-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Why, to become brainwashed like so many of his followers have been already?
See, just like I said afraid of being changed in the way of thinking.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
They're pretty simple statements actually. I can't believe you're having a hard time comprehending them.
Well, if god is back when is he going to do something about the housing market??? If he's back and he IS god could he go a little faster? Where is he? What's he waiting for.? I mean he got Amazing grace and bagpipes....isn't that enough??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies