Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:43 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
The guy's crazy. Someone who stabs someone else is inherently either evil or crazy.

How is that a reflection of anything but the fact that he's crazy and just a bad person? Was the Fort Hood lunatic a reflection of anything but the fact that he was crazy? And if the broader point is that the Fort Hood attacker was in fact reacting to an allegedly deeply racist American society well then shouldn't Muslims equally look inside their hearts and wonder if their own highly bigoted societies aren't equally somehow to blame for his actions?

As for term Islamophobia well are you arguing that people have no right to dislike an ideology? Because that's what Islam ultimately is: an ideology. I can't say I like it all that much.
Irrational hatred is never correct.
Please don't put words in my mouth.
I say what I mean to say and don't need your erroneous interpretation.

The man asked if the driver was muslim, then attacked him. Unprovoked.

I said nothing about any other incident, just this one.

And you know this guy is crazy how? Do you have a psych degree and have you interviewed him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 11:46 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Is this your excuse for the attack?
Perhaps the driver had family in the middle east that was killed or raped by an american soldier.

What's your point?
Don't jump to conclusions I am more like a shrink or Bones, I am not here to judge, I am just interested in cause and effect...

Old 08-25-2010, 11:48 AM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
What a convenient story! If it's true then it's a shame, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was a ruse set up by a mosque sympathizer. As someone already pointed out, it's very difficult to stab a cab driver in NYC with the glass window separating the driver from the passenger.
Are you so blinded by your own hatred you will go to any lengths to justify somebody stabbing another indiividual?

Old 08-25-2010, 11:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Don't jump to conclusions I am more like a shrink or Bones, I am not here to judge, I am just interested in cause and effect...
It's irrelevant to his actions.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:50 AM

30 posts, read 29,462 times
STOP THE PRESSES !
Are we just taking the cabbies word that the man said this ?

Old 08-25-2010, 11:51 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Are you so blinded by your own hatred you will go to any lengths to justify somebody stabbing another indiividual?
I'm not blinded by any kind of hate, I just suffer from a healthy dose of cynicism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrycat View Post
STOP THE PRESSES !
Are we just taking the cabbies word that the man said this ?
That's my point. Anybody can say "I've been a victim of a hate crime", without any proof to back it up, and the race-baiting media will jump on it and report it as fact.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:52 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
It's irrelevant to his actions.
I don't think so, neither to himself, nor to his trial is it irrelevant - should it come to that.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:52 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No person can be held accountable for the actions of other persons.

That's not a Muslim argument. That's a fundamental principle of the American justice system. The only exceptions are in the case of guardians who have assumed responsibility for the actions of their charges. What you are arguing is that because they are Muslim, this fundamental principle should not apply to them.

And I'd like to see where Muslims argue that all non-Muslims should be held accountable for the actions of other non-Muslims. Could you find something to support your assertion?
I agree with the bolded.

The problem?

The OP didn't do that. He implied that ALL Americans are somehow to blame for this lunatic. Read it. Don't you see that as a problem?

Because I do.

As for you second assertion do I really have to bring up the words in the Islamic community all the time? The dingbat who is trying to have his mosque in NYC has stated that 9/11 was at least partially America's fault. How is that not holding all non-Muslims accountable for the actions of other non-Muslims?

The constant refrain in the Islamic community is indeed that Muslims have the right to hate non-Muslims because of the actions of other non-Muslims. So if George Bush invaded Iraq well OF COURSE that means that Muslims are justified in hating ALL Americans.

It's a meme in the Islamic world. It's intensely hypocritical and this thread is a demonstration of that fact.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,945,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
My not arguing that Rush Limbaugh is responsible for this man's action.

My argument is that Rush and those that think like him and spread hateful, bigoted language are responsible for creating a climate of fear, hate, ignornace and bigotry.

Look at the history of this country. When hateful and incendiery language is aimed at group i.e. American Indians, Jewish Americans, or Black Americans it tends at some point to lead to violence.

The American Conservative Movement has created a climate of hatred and bigotry.
I disagree that the American Conservative Movement has created this. People who can't think for themselves and blame others for their actions create this. I may be a conservative but I don't have to support or agree with every "conservative" out there. Last time I checked, I could actually decide for myself as to whether I would agree with someone or not. Just because someone has a radio or talk show or writes articles does not make them someone I idolize. I choose to believe what I want to...not good for the ratings of those guys, but it appears that there are plenty of lemmings out there that have nothing better to do. The degree of hate in this country is embarrassing. Sometimes it seems as though we are taking steps backwards rather than moving forward.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM

720 posts, read 691,383 times
Quote:
Irrational hatred is never correct.
Please don't put words in my mouth.
I say what I mean to say and don't need your erroneous interpretation.

The man asked if the driver was muslim, then attacked him. Unprovoked.

I said nothing about any other incident, just this one.

And you know this guy is crazy how? Do you have a psych degree and have you interviewed him?

Again, I will ask you. Do you have solid proof that those words were exchanged or do you have only hearsay. Prove your assertion!

If he did, the prosecute the stupid bastard..But until you have solid proof, do not put words in other people mouths..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies