Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 12:35 PM

114 posts, read 200,118 times

Advertisements

Every country should have an Autocratic Party of [Insert name here.]

Since every other system fails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 12:42 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
As a Veteran who was retired on disability from the Army, I can't help but notice I would be collecting about $800 a month in CRDP payments if it weren'y for McCain, Kyle and the GOBP. Over the years they have voted to give the rich billions in tax cuts and incentives, I figure $179,000 of that money was mine

Old 08-28-2010, 12:47 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
The only reason one would vote a democratic ticket
is because it's their belief that big government knows
what is best for them as they can not make decisions
for them selves and the last twenty months is proof
of that

Old 08-28-2010, 12:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would vote Democrat because there is no alternative to them except the Republicans and there is no way in hell I will vote for them. You cannot hold the Democrats totally responsible for the mess Bush created.
Hey, Kev did Bush and his boys and girls pass the stimulus abortion? How about the health insurance reform bill? Did they buy out GM and turn it over to the UAW? Just wondering.

Old 08-28-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It is only the Democrats and a few Independents that are trying to resolve some of our problems, who else would it make sense to support?
Can you explain to me how Crap and Tax will settle any of our problems? Somehow I just don't understand that up to now. The worst part of it is that they will probably pass it during a lame duck period without caring what the majority of the people want.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:06 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
because i haven't forgotten the eight years before obama stepped into office.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:07 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Since Nancy and Harry took over in 2006, unemployment has more than doubled (from 4.6% to 9.5%) our national debt has tripled, the stock market has dropped from the 14,000's to the 9,000's, there are 200,000 new bureaucrats, there is an additional $2 Trillion Dollar unpopular HCB, a new financial bill, which nobody has a clue what's in it, an $800 Billion Dollar "stimulus bill" that didn't create one job, we purchased 2 car companies for 5x their value in order to bail out the UAW, we unconstitutionally forced private businesses to close their doors (car dealerships), and now they want "cap and trade" or an energy bill.

It doesn't look so good in print, does it?
The answer from the drones will be that republicans are inherently evil, evil to the core.

They have spent their lives creating these straw man stereotypes of republicans, and they have attached everything that evil and bad in life, to describe them with.

So when they view republicans as evil, then even if their democrats are acting like tyrants, destroying jobs, exploding the debt and deficits, expanding wars and trampling on our rights, they will stick with the democrats, because they truly believe that the republicans are worse. And why not, when they view republicans as the devil?

Old 08-28-2010, 01:10 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
I would vote Democrat because there is no alternative to them except the Republicans and there is no way in hell I will vote for them. You cannot hold the Democrats totally responsible for the mess Bush created.
Apparently they can't be held responsible for making it many times worse by people like you either. Just keep blaming Bush though, that's what our commander and chump does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK
If we had a 3rd party that was liberal and would actually stand for liberal ideals (somebody like Nader or Dean), I would switch to that party. For me the goal is liberalism and not necessarily Democrat. The Democrat Party is just a vehicle to get to liberalism.
Yeah, liberalism is the answer. Just look at liberal California, it's in great shape.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Would the economic outlook be any better with republicans in charge? besides, the republicans are usually (not always) small minded racists and homophobes who use division of americans rather than ideas to win elections. Dems aren't perfect, but I'd rather vote for them or an Independent.
I guess Fox is the only place where small businessmen get a chance to tell why they don't expand both facilities and jobs. There they keep saying that if they knew that taxes and regulations wouldn't increase they would like to spend some of that money they are accused of holding onto but they can't take a chance with the Dems in control. This is the reason I don't think we can have a recovery with jobs involved which keeps it from being real.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:28 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Why would you still vote for the Democrats?

Because the Republicans aren't an option.
I would vote for the Mets party because they would cut spending like they are with their baseball team.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies