Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 01:29 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Didnt vote Democrat in the first place, and wont start now...

we know that already you cast you vote for helms for 2012
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 01:30 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
Both parties are responsible for the mess we're in, but the last years the Dems have been in power and haven't done any real great good, so I expect a turnaround to the Repubs for the next Congress.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
It was A-OK for the government to step in and help the big banks. But then the banks turned around and didn't want to make loans to the small business'. So, the small business package was sent in to help the small business owners (specific) and every Replubican voted against it. When Olympia Snowe said that they needed to help business owners quickly, and this is why she supported a filibuster-----people should have said..........what?

They aren't going to be happy until the entire population is making 2.05 an hour, living in huts in a feudal society under the guns of a god.

Chrysler Seeks Further Consolidation Through Project Genesis
12:58 a.m. EDT, February 11, 2008
Chrysler Seeks Further Consolidation Through Project Genesis - February 2008 Auto and Car News

There goes the whole Obama (Or Democrats) strategically destroyed car dealership theory and violated the constitution. Note the Project Alpha before Genesis.

I am Independent and I am not happy with some of the Democrats. I will be damned if my vote goes to a Republican.
Government Motors is actually owned by the government and their minions the UAW. Chrysler is going nowhere because too many people don't want to buy from them or Government motors so Ford is going pretty good without any government help. I guess they weren't the last ones that suffered a strike by UAW.

Can you tell me which party the unions usually vote for and why?

Old 08-28-2010, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
Indeed not. If I were you, I would be embarrassed to post such drivel. It's obviously the result of a tremendously biased, uninformed mind.

Best wishes in overcoming whatever delusions you are up against.

God speed.
Is there a chance that you could take the points you call something other than truth apart and argue how and why they are wrong? I doubt it but I did think I should ask, just in case you might be better than most progs.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:40 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,793,132 times
Why would anyone vote, period. They're ALL a bunch of freakin' lier's. The Bush administration, whether filled with Dems or Repubs., destroyed this country. We'll be fortunate, VERY fortunate, to see any kind of turnaround any time soon. Everything is hanging in the balance by a very thin line. This country is in serious need of an overhaul. The lesser of two evils just isn't getting the job done. Probably won't see it in my lifetime.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
You don't happen to be a Southerner?
Nope, I was born in and lived my life in flat out Republican Kansas. I voted for president the way my father always voted and then I understood where the Democrats were headed and changed sides.

Please don't lump Kansas in with the South since there was more bleeding and dying done in Kansas over slavery up to the time of the Civil War than anywhere else. I guess you must be young enough that you never got to study about Bleeding Kansas in your history classes. I haven't looked lately but in the books that were in print in the 1980s that story had been removed, for some progressive reason.

Hey, I tore down several confederate flags in various Army barracks and dared the fools that put them up to put them back. Nope, I am not a southerner but I do side with them these days and much of that comes from a trip I took into Mississippi in 1964 and the way the blacks and poor farmers I talked to there. It didn't look any better then for blacks than it had since the Civil War period but some very intelligent black men convinced me that they were willing to wait things out rather than get violent. Do you suppose that they were supporters of MLK?

Old 08-28-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
As a Veteran who was retired on disability from the Army, I can't help but notice I would be collecting about $800 a month in CRDP payments if it weren'y for McCain, Kyle and the GOBP. Over the years they have voted to give the rich billions in tax cuts and incentives, I figure $179,000 of that money was mine
Pretty close to the amount each Congress person is paid each year for "giving of their services".

Old 08-28-2010, 01:46 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Nope, I was born in and lived my life in flat out Republican Kansas. I voted for president the way my father always voted and then I understood where the Democrats were headed and changed sides.
I'm very well aware of the history of Kansas.

But the pattern of voting Dem in every presidential election until 1972 was common in the South, so that's why I asked the question.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:48 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hey, Kev did Bush and his boys and girls pass the stimulus abortion? How about the health insurance reform bill? Did they buy out GM and turn it over to the UAW? Just wondering.
Forgetting the Wall Street bailouts?

And Obamacare was patterned after a failed bill written in the late 1980s by Bob Dole.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I'm very well aware of the history of Kansas.

But the pattern of voting Dem in every presidential election until 1972 was common in the South, so that's why I asked the question.
Nope, it was nominating McGovern who promised a bunch of welfare people from California that he would seek a $5600 per year guaranteed income for all people. NOw that doesn't sound like much but for those who were adult in 1972 it was pretty good pay for doing nothing other than collecting a check. When he made that promise I promised myself that if they nominated him I was gone and they left me standing.

I don't like voting for either party enough that I just pick out one from is campaign lies and vote for the one that seems best. Since every Democrat candidate since 1972 has been too far left for me I just haven't voted for one of them.

BTW, I got tired of wasting my vote because Kansas always goes to the Repubican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies