Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 08:41 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Considering most of the higher quality pot is grown in the US and Canada that would make this statement a failure. And, marijuana is THE LARGEST cash crop in the US. Not, corn, not soybeans.
Agreed. The quality the cartels bring in is mostly seedy, lower quality schwag.
The government doesn't own it's citizens. It has no right to tell someone what they can or cannot grow and consume, as long as it does not infringe on the rights of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 08:48 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
I say legalize it so the government can regulate it

Old 01-07-2011, 09:14 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
Does driving your car and using all those petroleum based products support Muslim extremism?

Does buying all that "Made In China" products and clothing help make China on of the fastest growing economies in the world while many Americans can't find a job?

Pick your poision, America is being bled dry and there are two choices. Change or fall.
Good analogies.

Two words OP...Maui Wowwee

Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
First off, good weed doesn't come from Mexico. That crap is complete garbage. The good stuff is home grown.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Good dope doesn't come from Mexico - it comes from Jamaica.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:16 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Guns going in. Drugs coming out. Kidnappings, rapes, extortion. Reminds me of Prohibition, in a way.

Attack on bar in Cancun leaves 8 dead - World news - Americas - Focus on Mexico - msnbc.com

I joined the Air Force in 1990. I worked in Japan in '91, and a few years after. I joined to serve my country. I was ready to go to war. I wasn't looking forward to it, but I was ready if I was called.

So, I'm talking to this guy about people dying in the war and he's like, "Well, at least we're not killing them." and I said, "Sure we are." and he's like, "No, we're sitting here." and I'm like "Yep, sitting here making sure these communications lines stay up, so the orders to the ships and the jets make it through, so the jets will know where to fly and where to bomb, and so they can kill some people. Without us, it wouldn't be possible." And he's like, "I never thought of it like that."

Same guy. Hated gays. I told him, "I wish more people were gay. I wish 99 percent of all men were gay." And he's like "Why, are you gay or sumptin'?" and I'm like , "Nope. If 99 percent of all men were gay, that would mean ugly mother******s like me would have a chance at some really hot chicks." It took him a minute, but he got the point.

This war on drugs. It's not a war.

It's a joke. It's a travesty. It's a failed social experiment. People have been getting high in multitudes of ways for 1000's of years. I would call that pretty much ingrained behaviour

What this charade does do, though, is it does make it possible for some very bad people to have a lot of money. These people will eventually run out of people to kill and terrorize. Then, they will start looking at us. In some states, they already have. I wish America would just starve the beast by making this junk legal. All of it. Legalize everything. Let families, pastors, community centers and the police handle people who can't handle themselves. The U.S. would not implode. It would actually be stronger.

Would some people go overboard? And possibly die. Sure.
Would some not? Sure.

Drugs are here now. This problem in a Cancun bar. It's all connected. By buying Mexican drugs we make it possible for these calculating monsters to be able to kill and hurt even more people. By incarcerating our citizens and giving them a criminal record for life for a few moments of pleasure, we create our own sub-class of servants for our society. "Hey! Thought you'd get a job doing something cool? Nope! You've got a drug record! You'll be digging ditches or washing cars for the REST OF YOUR LIFE." By having so much drug money available to "fight the war", you're also incentivizing your police force and judicial system to put and have as many people in the system as possible. What the hell kind of society does this?

We're becoming a nation of criminals - or as in the case of red light cameras - the government NEEDS people to break the law so the government can get PAID, ostensibly to take better care of it's PEOPLE.

I can see it. Why can't the government see it? Why can't every one see it?

Why?
What supports the cartels is keeping pot illegal. The cartels are against legalizing pot, guess why.
Casper

Old 01-07-2011, 10:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What supports the cartels is keeping pot illegal. The cartels are against legalizing pot, guess why.
Casper

Guess who else is against legalizing it?

The FDA
Big pharm
the paper industry
Many of those in law enforcement (though there are a lot in this profession that want to end prohibition too)

Guess why? Follow the money. Until someone in those lines of work grows a set and steps up to the plate and come out against it's prohibition it's going to be more of the same.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:46 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Another example of the need to buy local!

I once had some exceptional Toledo window box.

Old 01-07-2011, 11:32 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Casper
So you think if it was legalized these cartels will all of a sudden become responsible citizens? Yeah right, they will still sell drugs even if they were legalized. They would just undercut the prices.

Old 01-07-2011, 04:22 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
First off, good weed doesn't come from Mexico. That crap is complete garbage. The good stuff is home grown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Good dope doesn't come from Mexico - it comes from Jamaica.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Another example of the need to buy local!

I once had some exceptional Toledo window box.
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Guess who else is against legalizing it?

The FDA
Big pharm
the paper industry
Many of those in law enforcement (though there are a lot in this profession that want to end prohibition too)

Guess why? Follow the money. Until someone in those lines of work grows a set and steps up to the plate and come out against it's prohibition it's going to be more of the same.
Damned potheads one and all

I'm pointing my finger at all of you. Oh wait, I've got four more pointing back at me. oops
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies