Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 07:47 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Oops, am I giving away to much?

No. You are running a profitable farm, just as our founding fathers intended.

I salute you. No government involvement and payoffs. You make it on the fruits of your hard and meticulous labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 07:48 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
What kind of idiot has to take drugs in the first place? I consider all illegal drug users to be traitors to America, given the horrible economic shape the country is in and the cost to fight the drug war. Not to mention they have blood on their hands by proping up the Mexican cartels.

A secure border fence would stop 97% of the drug importation and bankrupt the cartels. They would no longer have any reason to fight each other and kill thousands of innocents. This could be done for a few billion dollars, but what the heck, it is just another shovel ready stimulus project.

People who want to legalize drugs just don't care about the staggering amount of child abuse that would result from addict parents.

America is circling the toilet bowl and will soon be flushed away.

Your comments are juvenile and baseless.

Nobody "has to take drugs". Drugs are a choice. And most of us are adult enough to make that choice without the government telling us how to live.

Legalizing drugs will not increase usage and child abuse. People who abuse drugs do so regardless of their legality.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:54 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,403,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No. You are running a profitable farm, just as our founding fathers intended.

I salute you. No government involvement and payoffs. You make it on the fruits of your hard and meticulous labor.
Not profitable, just for me. But I appreciate the vote of confidence.

I always tell people that bring up Mexico and drug dealers selling to kids "what about your neighbor growing two plants at a time for personal enjoyment or medical reasons."

Most folks don't have a problem with that. I feel like I'm not contributing to anyone, except myself, the electric company, and the local plant stores.

Old 01-08-2011, 02:35 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,332,100 times
No such thing as "good" dope.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:38 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,918,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
According to liberals, it does. You know, the war on drugs is a failure, hence all the violence on the Mexican Border.

I've brought this up before, and all of the liberal, tree hugging, bed wetting, thumb sucking liberals have not said a word. IF, drugs is not such a bad thing and IF they were legal, there wouldn't be the violence on the Mexican Border, WHY THEN, is there NOT such violence on the British Columbia, Canada Border and Washington? You know, the marijuana grown in BC is MUCH MORE stronger then what is grown in Mexico. Its also more expensive; however, there is little to NO VIOLENCE on the border there. Why?

Come on you dope smoking liberals, why? Explain why?
It's slowly rising:

Prohibition of marijuana is responsible for much of the gang violence both here and elsewhere (http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Prohibition+marijuana+responsible+much+gang+violen ce+both+here+elsewhere/4031861/story.html - broken link)

Quote:
All of Vancouver has been shocked by the city's increasing gang violence. Sadly, the gunplay on Dec. 12, where 10 people were shot exiting a restaurant on Oak Street, is an occurrence that has become increasingly common in Canadian cities, and gang violence has long been a fact of life in most large U.S. cities. While reasons for gang affiliation are complex, there is no arguing that urban gangs -- and virtually all other well-funded organized crime groups for that matter -- derive their primary source of revenue from the trade in illegal drugs.

Old 01-08-2011, 04:30 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Good dope doesn't come from Mexico - it comes from Jamaica.
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The potheads seem to think drugs were only just made illegal and the problems in Mexico were a direct result of it. Drugs were illegal way back in the days when Mexico was safe and Juarez had few murders.

The homicide rates in the USA are down considerably from what they were previously - without all drugs being made legal. And our homicide rates are still higher than countries like China and Saudi Arabia where drugs are very illegal.

The pro-drug side just wants to exploit all the problems in Mexico for their own agenda, they love that the murder rate is high in cities like Juarez, where people can be murdered for the vehicle they're driving, because they somehow think they can justify their drug use.

Just ignore the real problems that are creating this mess - and one of the real problems is the skyrocketing addiction rates in Mexico.

YouTube - What a wonderful world - Sicarios en Creel Chihuahua el 15 de marzo 2010

Watch at about 0:24 - where the hitmen fill their noses with cocaine. Coked up sicarios --- strung out killers controlled by their drug lords but the pro-drug side will insist their drugs are completely safe.

Does it ever occur to anyone that to kill and torture and decapitate people often involves people desperate FOR drugs, their minds so taken over they'd kill their own grandmothers for their drug money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
According to liberals, it does. You know, the war on drugs is a failure, hence all the violence on the Mexican Border.

I've brought this up before, and all of the liberal, tree hugging, bed wetting, thumb sucking liberals have not said a word. IF, drugs is not such a bad thing and IF they were legal, there wouldn't be the violence on the Mexican Border, WHY THEN, is there NOT such violence on the British Columbia, Canada Border and Washington? You know, the marijuana grown in BC is MUCH MORE stronger then what is grown in Mexico. Its also more expensive; however, there is little to NO VIOLENCE on the border there. Why?

Come on you dope smoking liberals, why? Explain why?
I suggest all of you ppl against the legalization of substances, especially cannabis to watch the following video:

The Union

Old 01-08-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Yeah there is, just enjoyed a smidge.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:19 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,332,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Yeah there is, just enjoyed a smidge.
Perhaps someday you will acquire more wisdom.

Dope/marijuana/cocaine, etc is artificial living. I prefer real life.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:

Dope/marijuana/cocaine, etc is artificial living. I prefer real life.
Founding fathers drank beer and the rebellion was spread through the local pub. I'm doing nothing they didn't do, and it enhances an already awesome life. Relaxing on the weekends helps me perform during the week.

I don't mind that you dislike marijuana, its not for you, and I respect that. All I ask is that I get the decision for myself.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:35 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:

Dope/marijuana/cocaine, etc is artificial living
. I prefer real life.

So is Crown Royal and Bud Lite!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies