Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 10:47 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .MeandYou. View Post
Ok, so there are different definitions of christian, right? because you have yours, and jim bob that attends church regularly, may have a definition that better suits his needs. is that safe to say?
I can only speak for myself.
I believe every man is different. And everyone
will have his/her day of judgement, and at that
time,we will all be alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2010, 10:47 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Win lose or draw View Post
Very attractive women, for German Shepards. Except pelosi, for a senior citizen she is not bad looking at all.
Regardless of political party, putting someone down for their looks is pretty pathetic. As a woman, it gets old to be judged by my looks and not my accomplishments.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:52 AM

531 posts, read 338,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
I think you are a orangutan...I don't have any proof of this, that's just what I believe however---it's a gut feeling that I'm going with.
What don't I have proof of? Hes not friends with commies? His dad and stepdad werent muslims? Does eh have a muslim name? Muslim siblings? Went to muslim school? Pictures of him wearing traditional muslim clothing? Speak at all types of muslim rallies and fundraisers before he was president? By muslim law was he born a muslim automatically?

Old 09-03-2010, 10:53 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Very attractive women, for German Shepards. Except pelosi, for a senior citizen she is not bad looking at all.
lol...she's got enough botox filling out her face...how can you tell?

But honestly....to rip on Coulter and say she looks like a dude? Honestly? She's a little skinny for my taste, and she's got the personality of a 17 year old groupie...but really...I'd say she's much prettier than some of the democrat ones.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:59 AM

37 posts, read 42,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
lol...she's got enough botox filling out her face...how can you tell?

But honestly....to rip on Coulter and say she looks like a dude? Honestly? She's a little skinny for my taste, and she's got the personality of a 17 year old groupie...but really...I'd say she's much prettier than some of the democrat ones.
Coulter is attractive, for a man.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:08 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Wasn't his American hating mom an atheist?

Old 09-03-2010, 11:15 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Coulter is attractive, for a man.

Maybe she will find Rachael Muddox attractive if you really think this.

Rachael surely has a nice mans haircut.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:17 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post

Frankly, I don't care if Obama is Christian or not. But what I DO care about is if he is honest about himself. And let's be frank about this, he doesn't give people a warm and fuzzy feeling about his religion when he:

1) says people are ""clinging"" to religion
Talk about taking things out of context!
Quote:

2) Is usually at a golf course or somewhere else when a large Christian holiday occurs and not at a church
Lie. For fifth time, Obama attends church in Washington; Easter Sunday at AME church - Lynn Sweet
Quote:

3) Ignores (does not attend) any Christian based organization meetings
I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. What a ridiculous allegation.
Quote:

4) Takes bible quotes out of context (makes fun of it)
YouTube - Barack Obama Mocks Jesus Christ
Now that's taking things completely out of context! It is entirely clear that you haven't bothered to either watch that entire speech, nor read the text of it. Whoever did that hatchet job you just posted had a clear agenda to portray something Barack Obama did not say or do.

Why don't you watch the whole speech? Or are you afraid your biased and lying clip won't hold up under scrutiny?

YouTube - Barack Obama : Call To Renewal - Faith and Politics 1of 5

YouTube - Barack Obama : Call To Renewal - Faith and Politics 2of 5

YouTube - Barack Obama : Call To Renewal - Faith and Politics 3of 5

YouTube - Barack Obama : Call To Renewal - Faith and Politics 4of 5

YouTube - Barack Obama : Call To Renewal - Faith and Politics 5of 5

Full text of the speech

And the full CONTEXT of the butchered lie you posted above, the highlighted parts being what gives the CONTEXT your garbage video left out:

"While I've already laid out some of the work that progressive leaders need to do, I want to talk a little bit about what conservative leaders need to do -- some truths they need to acknowledge.

For one, they need to understand the critical role that the separation of church and state has played in preserving not only our democracy, but the robustness of our religious practice. Folks tend to forget that during our founding, it wasn't the atheists or the civil libertarians who were the most effective champions of the First Amendment. It was the persecuted minorities, it was Baptists like John Leland who didn't want the established churches to impose their views on folks who were getting happy out in the fields and teaching the scripture to slaves. It was the forbearers of the evangelicals who were the most adamant about not mingling government with religioun, because they did not want state-sponsored religion hindering their ability to practice their faith as they understood it.

. . .

And even if we did have only Christians in our midst, if we expelled every non-Christian from the United States of America, whose Christianity would we teach in the schools? Would we go with James Dobson's, or Al Sharpton's? Which passages of Scripture should guide our public policy? Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is ok and that eating shellfish is abomination? How about Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith? Or should we just stick to the Sermon on the Mount - a passage that is so radical that it's doubtful that our own Defense Department would survive its application? So before we get carried away, let's read our bibles. Folks haven't been reading their bibles."

There was no "making fun of" any portion of the bible. None. Zero. Zip. Nada.
Quote:

5) The only church he's known to go to isn't exactly high up there on the "turn the other cheek" idea (ie, Rev. Wright).

I mean I would be OK if he just came out and said "you know, I'm just not into Christianity anymore", at least he would be intellectually honest about it then.
You really don't seem to understand your bible, or your savior's teachings, let alone the 10 Commandments. You should probably go back and review the one about not bearing false witness against your neighbor.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:18 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Jesus is God manifested in the flesh - same difference.

Right and we don't believe in you .
Now I'm confused.
Pressing on are you saying that as a Christian you don't "believe" in anyone that isn't Christian? Or maybe that non Christian views don't matter in the grand scheme of things or is this a personal comment meant just for CeeCe?
Forgive me but,I thought Christian folks try their best to be like the savior & the way I am reading your post, that doesn't get through to me.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:24 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .MeandYou. View Post
just what is a "Ture christian" as in "truly christian"

is there a definition in the dictionary of "true christian"?
or should i just look up christian?
let's see if I can break it down for you

the church in chicago is a chistian/islam church, a hybrid of sorts...like farrican(sp?), or mohamid ali (former cassus clay)

they teach as if jesus was just a prophet, along with mohamid

while a 'true' christian church would teach the life and ways of christ

just like the 'jews for christ'...are they TRUELY jewish, if they believe that Christ was the messiah....or are they a hybrid

now do you understand....maybe using "true" was the wrong word for you to understand
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies