Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2010, 09:51 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,455,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

Ahhh, those compassionate liberals one-more-gain....
Explain to me why I should feel compassion for a lying, manipulative, egotistical, vindictive woman who is doing everything in her power to gin up anger, hate and division ("real Americans" anyone?) in this country, which is doing nothing, and I mean not a damn thing, to move us in a positive direction? Not only doesn't she need my compassion, she doesn't deserve it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 09:53 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,523,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Explain to me why I should feel compassion for a lying, manipulative, egotistical, vindictive woman who is doing everything in her power to gin up anger, hate and division ("real Americans" anyone?) in this country, which is doing nothing, and I mean not a damn thing, to move us in a positive direction? Not only doesn't she need my compassion, she doesn't deserve it.
Obama is a man, just sayin'!

Old 09-10-2010, 09:54 PM

344 posts, read 199,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
I like her

...especially the fact that she galls liberals so easily
I like her since she is utterly ridiculous and cartoonish. It's entertaining to see, kind of like a car accident.

Old 09-10-2010, 09:55 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,385,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
And you'll find yourselves on the ash-heap of history, good luck!
I speak my mind online as I do "in person." I also live with a lot of compassion. You can find yourself as well on the ash heap of history, whatever that is. Good luck to you as well!

Old 09-10-2010, 09:55 PM

24,620 posts, read 19,220,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
The fact she resigned her post as the governor of a State means she's not credible to me. She will never get my vote.
I'll remember that next election. Many politicians resign to run for the presidency (although Obama did not).

Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,523,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
I speak my mind online as I do "in person." I also live with a lot of compassion. You can find yourself as well on the ash heap of history, whatever that is. Good luck to you as well!
Ash heap of history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-10-2010, 10:13 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,880,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post

You missed one, ..she has an IQ of a plant. But I have to agree with you. She needs to take a trip on her bridge to nowhere...

Old 09-10-2010, 10:29 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,954,664 times
I can't get past page three of this thread because it gets too redundant. I think it is funny how people on the right like Pailin just because people on the left don't. On top that someone claimed that she quit because she had to spend too much time defending her honor then, the classic "the left is afraid of her." The irony in all of this is that every other thread in this forum is some derogatory Obama bashing thread. Talk about someone getting "unhinged," and afraid...there is no comparison between the fear of Obama and fear of Sarah Pailin. Furthermore, if he quit because he had to spend too much time defending his honor, he wouldn't have started. I don't get why anyone would defend her...she quit because she wanted her money and won't shut up but I bet if someone paid her enough she would. This woman has nothing substantive to say. She just likes the money and the fame.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:35 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,125,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I love Sarah.

I especially love the way that she makes the left become unhinged.

What are you libs so afraid of?
What are we afraid of? We are afraid that the all consuming, every growing, ignorance of those who can't tell a reality show wannabe from a well educated, well informed, individual will finally reach critical mass and our beloved country will be put into their hands and destroyed.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:13 AM

38,650 posts, read 26,444,239 times
Default Unedited CBS transcript?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Palin on foreign policy:
YouTube - Palin On Foreign Policy

Palin on being informed:
YouTube - Sarah Palin Can't Name a Newspaper She Reads

Palin's knowledge of SCOTUS decisions:
YouTube - Couric Stumps Palin With Supreme Court Question

These were when she was running for the VP position. I hope she's more informed today but all I've heard her do is toe the Tea Party line rather then saying anything original or illuminating.

Her history of going after her detractors is well documented.

The Vanity Fair article on her is very illuminating and I've had Alaskans pretty much confirm much of what was written (I'm in Alaska, too).

Hmm, did I miss the release of the unedited CBS transcript of the Couric-Palin interview broadcast Sept 24-25, 2008?

Weird if CBS didn't release it because ABC released the transcript for the unedited Gibson sham interview.

What was really said:

GIBSON: Have you ever met a foreign head of state?

PALIN: There in the state of Alaska, our international trade activities bring in many leaders of other countries.

GIBSON: And all governors deal with trade delegations.

PALIN: Right.

GIBSON: Who act at the behest of their governments.

PALIN: Right, right.

GIBSON: I’m talking about somebody who’s a head of state, who can negotiate for that country. Ever met one?

PALIN: I have not.....

Later in the interview:

GIBSON: So what should we do about a nuclear Iran? John McCain said the only thing worse than a war with Iran would be a nuclear Iran. John Abizaid said we may have to live with a nuclear Iran. Who’s right?

PALIN: No, no. I agree with John McCain that nuclear weapons in the hands of those who would seek to destroy our allies, in this case, we’re talking about Israel, we’re talking about Ahmadinejad’s comment about Israel being the “stinking corpse, should be wiped off the face of the earth,” that’s atrocious. That’s unacceptable.

GIBSON: So what do you do about a nuclear Iran?

PALIN: We have got to make sure that these weapons of mass destruction, that nuclear weapons are not given to those hands of Ahmadinejad, not that he would use them, but that he would allow terrorists to be able to use them. So we have got to put the pressure on Iran and we have got to count on our allies to help us, diplomatic pressure.

Brutally Honest: The un-edited Gibson-Palin Interview transcript

Love how ABC edited her remarks mid-sentence to make her look like an insane war monger chomping at the bit to start a new war.

Well, if you do come across that unedited version of the CBS Couric-Palin interview aired on Sept 24-25, 2008, I'd love to see it. Feel free to DM me with the link to the unedited transcript. I would really appreciate getting ahold of that, because then we could finally put to rest the Palin accusations that Couric asked the same questions over and over (presumably to get enough words following the repeated question to put together Frankenstein answers).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies