Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 09:36 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
i think sarah is smarter than most people portray her..she knows what she wants .!!>fame and fortune, she has a way of keeping her image in the limelight.

i think she looked realy hot when she was in her thirties,nothing like a good woman that can wield a shot gun and put some bear steaks on the grill

just don't ever let that beach be potus
I think the scummy moron we have as potus now demonstrates we no longer have any standards.
I'm nominating my neighbor's dog for president next term. Sure, he chews his ass and eats his own poo...sure he can be bought off for a couple of chicken bits and his breath smells like a mexican gas station toilet...but he can sit pretty and bark out nonsense WITHOUT costing me tens of thousands of dollars a year.

Phydeaux for president!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 09:42 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,738,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think the scummy moron we have as potus now demonstrates we no longer have any standards.
I'm nominating my neighbor's dog for president next term. Sure, he chews his ass and eats his own poo...sure he can be bought off for a couple of chicken bits and his breath smells like a mexican gas station toilet...but he can sit pretty and bark out nonsense WITHOUT costing me tens of thousands of dollars a year.

Phydeaux for president!
how can you comare our great potus to your dog i wonder if sarah could have done a better job, probably not she would have quit

Old 09-11-2010, 09:49 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
how can you comare our great potus to your dog i wonder if sarah could have done a better job, probably not she would have quit
Yeah. Getting a trophy for participation is definitely a libbie thing.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:05 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
It is a fact that Carter turned out to be a fairly ineffectual President, but he reached nowhere near the stellar heights of babbling buffoonery exhibited daily by this caustic woman who has to represent some kind of anti-intellectual milestone for Presidential hopefuls. So in effect, your comparison is meaningless, but then empty rhetoric is all even the most verbose Palin devotees can muster in support of this faux messiah.
I'm sorry, maybe I missed it. Did Palin speak about how the oceans would recede and the planet would heal because of her being elected?

Louis Farrakhan: Barack Obama Is "The Messiah" - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

Old 09-11-2010, 10:53 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,444,205 times
Well this thread has certainly veered off the cliff.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:56 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,514,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Well this thread has certainly veered off the cliff.
In dramatic, Thelma and Louise fashion!

Old 09-12-2010, 01:34 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,755,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
Do you think I care?

Alaska is best seen from a boat, 2 miles off the coast, with a drink in one hand and an all you can eat buffet in a heated dining room.

That woman is a joke. She is half assed, went to about half a dozen different colleges, was a half term governor of a half assed state.

She's only a media darlin' b/c she has boobs.

Yes, call it male chauvinism, but we all know it's true. And women think they are being empowered by her, but look at her stances on women's rights and feminism.
Excuse me? All that you see from one of those floating food bins called cruise ships and the docks they regurgitate you onto is nothing less and nothing more than half baked faked Alaska. I'm glad that it's enough for you but understand that you're puking your money into BP's coffers every time you board one (BP is the parent company of most of the big cruise lines).

I have almost an entire lifetime into this state. And guess what. I am in no way and in any sense whatsoever even remotely a "fan" or supporter of Sarah Palin...in fact I consider her to be the ultimate in Faked Alaska and nothing more than a shyster.

My point, again, is that the Alaska bashing that goes on among some of you who don't know the difference between SP and the rest of the state is...again...rather stale and more than just a bit misguided.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
I'm a brunette but I am confused in a dumb blonde way by this. Are you saying that the ex gov left her state's people in the dust?
What I'm saying is that a small number of Native villages along the Yukon Delta experienced a food crisis in the winter of 2009. Sarah Palin, who was still governor at the time, was too busy chasing cameras in the lower 48 to pay any mind to this, until some televangelist type came up with 40K in donations for them and all of a sudden there was Sarah's face in front of that particular camera.

Nice of the religious group to donate; creepy as hell of Palin to try to exploit that for airtime.

But the everyday people of Alaska are the ones who really deserve the acclaims here...the average people who went to the store, bought an extra box or so of food and mailed it up to the delta and neither asked for nor expected any recognition for it.

We all did it.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Kind of like the way the only defense Obama and the Obamazombies have is by blaming Bush?
Let me make it simple for you, then. President Obama followed George W. Bush as President. He did inherit rather a mess, by the way.

Obama, however, was never governor of Alaska (maybe you don't know this since you just moved here), so it's a bit puzzling how the knee jerk reaction du jour to criticism of Palin is often simply some half baked sound bite that resounds of spam e-mail.

A more pertinent comparison would be to F. Murkowski or even Tony Knowles.

Old 09-12-2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Take a look at her record as Governor, you will find some awesome results.
By her record as governor, are you by chance referring to the fact that during 85% of the time that the Alaska legislature was in session during her short time in office, Palin was laying up in Wasilla (which is nowhere near Juneau, by the way) while Sean Parnell was doing the actual running of the state?

Or were you possibly referring to her ACES of spades which drove the oil companies (and their revenues along with them) straight into North Dakota et al?

Or could you by chance be referencing her negotiations with Trans-Canada?

In retrospect, it's probably a very good thing that SP made herself quite scarce in Juneau....it's that much less that Parnell has to straighten out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies