Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2010, 12:28 PM

18,407 posts, read 19,036,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Perhaps you should compare the percentage to the total number of women trying to assume leadership roles around the world! In addition, most of the people you list are too short-termed to have any record. I speak from over 50 years of "experience" and from having had that experience in several countries around the world! Do you?
so from a seventy year old male perspective who has been in a few offices in a few countries you think you have a handle on what women are capable of. as I said laughable, and presumptive at best. start with the fact women were unable to work in most areas other than in the home. as school teachers or nurses until the late 60's. women are as capable and a man to run anything. having a penis and a set of wrinkled nuts does not exclude one from being a poor leader. all you have to do is look at GWB admin for incompetent. as for crazy take a look at Iran's leader. both men. leadership is about ability not sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2010, 12:30 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,839,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
I like her

...especially the fact that she galls liberals so easily

I think she's at least as entertaining as Lucille Ball. Well, almost.

Lucille Ball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-11-2010, 12:31 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,786,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
The gratuitous Alaska bashing does get rather stale.

It's quite a beautiful state, actually. For the most part the people are great, too.
Do you think I care?

Alaska is best seen from a boat, 2 miles off the coast, with a drink in one hand and an all you can eat buffet in a heated dining room.

That woman is a joke. She is half assed, went to about half a dozen different colleges, was a half term governor of a half assed state.

She's only a media darlin' b/c she has boobs.

Yes, call it male chauvinism, but we all know it's true. And women think they are being empowered by her, but look at her stances on women's rights and feminism.

Old 09-11-2010, 12:32 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,709,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
The fact she resigned her post as the governor of a State means she's not credible to me. She will never get my vote.
agreed. I sometimes agree with her positions, but she just talks too much for my taste. She needs to hibernate for awhile...

Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I think she's at least as entertaining as Lucille Ball. Well, almost.

Lucille Ball - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please don't diminish Lucille Ball. I Love Lucy!

Old 09-11-2010, 12:47 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,444,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post

Do you think I care?

Alaska is best seen from a boat, 2 miles off the coast, with a drink in one hand and an all you can eat buffet in a heated dining room.

That woman is a joke. She is half assed, went to about half a dozen different colleges, was a half term governor of a half assed state.

She's only a media darlin' b/c she has boobs.

Yes, call it male chauvinism, but we all know it's true. And women think they are being empowered by her, but look at her stances on women's rights and feminism.
I think you're attacking the wrong person here. Metlakatla is not a Sarah Palin supporter. I believe she feels similarly about her as you do. She'd just prefer you not judge the entire state of Alaska based on the twit who ran it for 3 minutes.

Old 09-11-2010, 01:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
IMO and experience, I applaud Sarah Palin for her "GUTS" in standing up, ignoring the ignorant and being honest and forthright in her support of our Constitution. She fully understands the difference between Federal, State and individual rights guaranteed by our Constitution.

I've been around long enough and had to deal with women in positions of power from organizations to corporations/business to political and I know there are very few women capable of shedding the "genetically-inherited" female thinking/actions in order to function in positions of power. Sarah is one of them. Margaret Thatcher is another, as is Queen Elizabeth II. Hillary Clinton is NOT!

Yes, she scares the bejeezes out of most politicians and has most of the female population (especially the Women's Lib segment) scared to death. In women it is usually jealously!
Are you jealous of male politicians you disagree with? Are you jealous of John Kerry's sailing ability? Of Clinton's way with women? Perhaps you were jealous of Jerry Ford for playing football for a Big 10 school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I heard the resignation speech. It was such a shrill, bumbling mess that at first I thought it was a joke. Then I went down to the liquor store to stock up for the inevitable upcoming celebrations that occurred all over the entire great state of Alaska.
The resignation speech and the press conference were a bunch of gibberish from Sarah. I couldn't have told you what she said, but I sure know it didn't make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmkcin View Post
I love, this post. Sarah Palin is a lunatic, who shood stick to hunting caribou [or whatever].

Besides, how hard could it possibly be to run Alaska? Don't the oil companies own that state [and Texas too]?

California has 37,000,000 people, and at least 10 of the nation's largest cities [LA, SD, SF [and Bay area]. Alaska has Anchorage and Wassila. Christ, more people live in metro Fresno than all of Alaska.

She was mocking Massachusetts a few weeks ago, for being liberal enough to elect Mr Centerfold, Scotty Brown. Saying, "they [MAers] don't have the common sense that Alaskans have." LOL, everyone outside of Alaska has the common sense to not live in Alaska.
I hate to quote Reagan, but "There you go again". Most people like their state, and will defend it against people who think otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Maybe she is prettier? Better figure? So many people like her? Has a husband who loves her? Has a nice family? Has courage?
Come on tell us, why are you so jealous of her?
Y'know, I gave Sarah a wide berth with those kids of hers; there but for the grace of God and all. But I don't think any parent would ask for a 17 yr old to get pregnant.

Why does it have to be jealousy? Men don't get accused of jealousy if they dislike a politician. Most women who don't like Sarah dislike her for her politics.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 09-11-2010 at 02:59 PM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post

Old 09-11-2010, 02:26 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,990,344 times
California Governor Schwarzenegger tweets from high in the sky above Alaska:

Quote:
Over Anchorage, AK. Looking everywhere but can't see Russia from here. Will keep you updated as search continues.
Twitter / Gov. Schwarzenegger: Over Anchorage, AK. Lookin ...

Old 09-11-2010, 02:31 PM

767 posts, read 489,867 times
Default Republican Arnold Schwarzenegger takes a jab at Palin

The "governator" took a shot at Sarah Palin as his plane flew over Alaska Friday, making fun of her claim during the 2008 presidential election that she could see Russia from her home state.

Using Twitter, California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger fired at the "mama grizzly," saying, "looking everywhere but can't see Russia from here."

"Will keep you updated as search continues," he wrote.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...#ixzz0zFsGFyL6

Old 09-11-2010, 02:33 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,630,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I think you're attacking the wrong person here. Metlakatla is not a Sarah Palin supporter. I believe she feels similarly about her as you do. She'd just prefer you not judge the entire state of Alaska based on the twit who ran it for 3 minutes.
It is very telling to read the liberals' posts about Alaska as something less than a state, "not the real America", same thing that Palin has been nailed for. BTW, you would make a very good MSM news commentator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies