Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 09:14 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,185,985 times

Advertisements

I want to be sensitive to all those affected by the 9-11 tragedy, but the thought came to me that if the mosque did indeed become a reality, it would no doubt become a target itself.

Certain questions result: Would anyone take out the mosque? Would they - God forbid - use a weapon similar to what took down the towers?

Yes, a plane.

There's no doubt that it would be an act of terrorism, and many innocent victims would suffer; but the fact is many Americans would sympathize with the message.

Does that make us terrorists?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 01:18 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I want to be sensitive to all those affected by the 9-11 tragedy, but the thought came to me that if the mosque did indeed become a reality, it would no doubt become a target itself.

Certain questions result: Would anyone take out the mosque? Would they - God forbid - use a weapon similar to what took down the towers?

Yes, a plane.

There's no doubt that it would be an act of terrorism, and many innocent victims would suffer; but the fact is many Americans would sympathize with the message.

Well, yes, it would be an act of terrorism.

I don't think it will happen for the simple fact that it would be difficult to do. Lower Manhattan is the oldest part of the city. The streets are very narrow and this building will be small compared to what is around it, so it would be hard for a plane to zoom around skyscrapers and then straight down into a small space and hit its target.

Not to mention that ground and air security is so much tighter now around there that the plane would likely be shot out of the air. By the time this mosque is built, One WTC (aka erroneously known as the Freedom Tower) will already be completed and standing 1776 feet two blocks away. A plane comes near that tower, it'll be dust.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:57 PM

19 posts, read 17,166 times
Quote:

Yes, a plane.

First, I think you are very wrong when you say MANY Americans would sympathize with the message. I think MANY Americans would want the idiot who flew the plane into the mosque revived so he could get the death penalty if at all possible.

Yes it would be an act of terrorism, no matter how offended a person will be if that mosque is built there, they should never lower themselves, or the rest of us as Americans, to the level of those pond sucking scum bag hijackers. I just hope their 72 virgins turned out to be JEWISH homosexuals who want to be on top, if you get my drift.

No offense meant to the Jewish people, but that would really make my day. A bunch of death to Israel maniacs getting it "in the end" by a bunch of Jewish homosexuals. Wow... I don't know where that came from, but that is what I am going to choose to believe happens to homicide bombers from now on.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:59 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,185,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, yes, it would be an act of terrorism.

I don't think it will happen for the simple fact that it would be difficult to do. Lower Manhattan is the oldest part of the city. The streets are very narrow and this building will be small compared to what is around it, so it would be hard for a plane to zoom around skyscrapers and then straight down into a small space and hit its target.

Not to mention that ground and air security is so much tighter now around there that the plane would likely be shot out of the air. By the time this mosque is built, One WTC (aka erroneously known as the Freedom Tower) will already be completed and standing 1776 feet two blocks away. A plane comes near that tower, it'll be dust.
Good observation.

The next logical mode would be to bomb it, as was the WTC in the early 90s. Again, what would the common American think of an attack that in this case would not necessarily be an act of terrorism against Christians?

Old 09-14-2010, 03:59 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,709,179 times
Quote:

Yes, a plane.

It would more likely be targeted by Islamic terrorists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies