Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:52 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
as a Christian
I do not look for acceptance from the world, as a matter of fact we are promised we will not have it
so let them blast away
Great perspective. And some of them blast harder than others.

Old 09-23-2010, 12:48 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,148 times
Anti-Christian bigotry is part and parcel of the liberal 'secular' European media-

Catholic church accuses BBC of 'anti-Christian' bias
Cardinal Keith O'Brien said the BBC's news coverage is contaminated by "a radically secular and socially liberal mindset".

The Archbishop of St Andrews and Edinburgh said the corporation's intolerance of religion is equivalent to its "massive" political bias against the Conservatives in the 1980s.

"Our detailed research into BBC news coverage of Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular, together with a systematic analysis of output by the Catholic church, has revealed a consistent anti-Christian institutional bias."

He added that insiders at the BBC had privately admitted that there is a cultural intolerance of Christianity at the corporation.

Left condemns anti-Muslim bigotry, ignores anti-Christian bigotry
A crackpot pastor in Florida with only a few dozen followers decided to claim his 15 minutes of fame by announcing his plan to burn the Koran on September 11th, and the media dutifully came running to broadcast his idiocy as if it were even remotely representative of mainstream Christianity.

Just the suggestion of burning the Koran has Muslims rioting in the streets from Jakarta to Kabul. The Left goes out of their way to avoid offending Muslims because they know that the backlash will probably be violent – even as they trumpet Islam as the "religion of peace".

But the Left knows that when Christianity is insulted – the religion they love to smear as "intolerant" - the worst response they’ll get is an angry letter to the editor.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:19 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,303,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I posted this in another thread - here is, sadly, some very current evidence that Christianity has not evolved beyond its violent past.
Now, does reporting this constitute an 'attack' on Christianity?
African churches attack kids as
A sad incindent in a backward part of the world. You will note, however, that there is no Christian doctrine that calls for pouring acid down children's throats. This is in sharp contrast to Islamic acts of violence where they can point directly to their holy books and show that they are acting in complete agreement with its teachings. In most cases the ycan also point to direct examples of the founder of their religion (Mohammad) doing the same thing. This includes, but is not limited to, cutting the heads off of unbelievers, having sex with nine year old children, beating women, and lying to non members of the faith if it promotes their religion.
Christian missionaries in Africa has done a lot of good to improve the lives of the people there. Contrast that to the teaching of Islam and their missionaries in Africa (of which there are many). The current trouble in Darfur is due to the violent militaristic nature of Islam and its war against the Christian and native Animist population. If you don't know who the real istigators of violence are in the world today than you just haven't been paying attention (or you are a good dhimmi with her eyes closed).

Old 09-25-2010, 11:37 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,778,646 times
Default Today the flock saves the Popes soul

Pope Benedict,

Hold onto your hat because the kid gloves are off. Do not DARE use this emotional chicanery hiding behind my skirt claiming to 'protect the flock' from world opinion. Your cowardly behavior is hideous, insulting to everyones intelligence, and undermines what little noble character struggles to survive in men. The world opinion is intelligent enough to know that the message of Jesus, the flock and true committed Christians void of world domination schemes are not to blame for the abuses of power that your very authority is vested to prevent. It is the Hierarchy's failure to represent them, and the noble principles of Christianity, properly. World opinion pities Christians in much the same way they pity Muslims held hostage by a fanatical cleric too absorbed in his own propaganda. The denigration of the sacred is not originating from secular forces conspiring against you, but from within the Vatican, precise location; in your heads! Christianity itself isn't on trial and hasn't been marginalized. Centralized religious authority inflicting itself on humanity clamoring for power is, and has been, for centuries. In all the ways modern culture has evolved a definition of 'church' that at times becomes synonymous with a curse word, that definition has been forged by clergy and parishioners alike in every moment they've engaged in mistreatment/ disrespect of others. Christianity doesn't have an image problem. It has a severe behavioral problem.

Really, enough with the pity party woe is me they don't like my leadership style. No true Christian has the expectation of rock star from you despite your insistence to pandering to the basest element of bloodthirsty ignorance believing themselves righteous. Nothing about your leadership style or personal politics has any business interfering with the core mission of the church, unless we're all prepared to drop every last pretense and officially declare the Vatican is in service to self promotion, for the vainglory of 'spiritual politicians', not to the teachings of Jesus or the solemn duty to the flock as Martin Luther & Eastern Orthodox did firmly assert. Your behavior and attitude embody obeisance to Machiavelli. That crime continues on PR tours with every cowardly deflection of moral responsibility.
Quote:
Asked if the Pope had apologised for the abuse, he said: "He did not have to say sorry, because the abuse was not the fault of one person. He should not carry the guilt of others."
The worldwide congregation could file a class action lawsuit to retrieve their charitable contributions because it was their good faith money misused to bankroll the abusers across the world, and those who made careers covering up across the world, and every dime of restitution to these victims across the world for an unspeakable crime THEY didn't commit but know their moral imperative to heal the grieved. The flock has been immensely generous with all parties concerned, especially yourself, but if you insist on skirting responsibility the infallibility clause can be evoked to justify what they know in their hearts to be wrong. Despite their familiarity with taking the high road they can blithely follow your horrible example and dodge their own moral responsibility. Spiritual atonement for systemic administrative failure and poetic justice being served in one fell swoop would be Papal jewels up for auction to finance the entire debacle. In the eyes of catholics it would not diminish the esteemed office of Holy See, but exalt it by renouncing materialist values over spiritual/ humanitarian values.

In the spirit of Mother Mary, if the power were bestowed me by my maker, I'd turn back the clock to Cardinal Ratzinger 5 minutes before it was announced you were to be the next Pope. I would offer you the prophecy that the College of Cardinals have elected someone to represent their ambitions, and their hidden ambition for dominion over the earth. It is your choice, Cardinal Ratzinger, to represent them, or to lead the flock by leading the college into an evolved 21st century definition of their job descriptions. The formal face of Christendom is needful of you to fulfill this mission. This male habit of competing with secular forces for control over the masses has accomplished exactly what over the last millennium?

Own this sick culture of careerism in the Vatican like a man. This sickness manifests itself as disruptions of families and abuses of children when men worship their egos as tyrants and assert cultural demands to honor thy father above the bible. 'Resistance' through questioning the righteous path within an individual, a family, or a community is not an evil to rail at, but rather, the daily cultivation of moral discernment that empowers children (and adults) to be good Christians. The loyalty is to the truth, uncovered in the heart & mind of the individual, echoing in the flock from centuries of tradition. Loyalties are mislaid/ misinterpreted by the Vatican in every moment your think tank culture persists in suppressing truth and operates in utter contempt of freewill of human beings.

I'm exasperated by the sheer volume of nonsense I've born witness to in my lifetime by misguided 'christians' armed with entitlement to abuse and manipulate in the name of God. They are following your lead! Can a human being believing themselves a righteous Christian get any more faithless & deluded when they feel compelled to lie 'for God's own protection'? You were saying something about a war on moral relativity? Could you not fight that experimental war in the curia first before you disrupt all human relations for the entire planet?

I confess the degree of this exasperation with leadership culture is best expressed in a cartoon remedy for world ills. World peace could be improved instantly if only the Swiss Guard were protecting humanity by being positioned around the perimeter of the Vatican to keep all of you in. The next 2,000 yrs. should be sufficient time to ponder the hubris of 'owning god' as a denomination, race, gender, sexual orientation, et al while the world bled the animosity you've animated by Papal decree. How many Christians in the world feel compelled to pray for clergy... "FORGIVE THEM FATHER THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO"? Isn't it high time we make those prayers known in open forum instead of passively waiting around for God to shed light into that corner of your conscious awareness? The flock so regularly sparing your feelings has gotten us nowhere and seems to have tacitly lent permission to the idea that doing nothing is acceptable. It's not acceptable.

History having any capacity for honest assessments of cause and effect would be compelled to report that the more oppressive the organization got with careerism, the more heavily you leaned on sophistry, the swifter the next reformation fomented from the pews & Bishops offices around the globe. This ego behavior, erroneously concluding that the righteous path to shield a childs eyes from reality 'for their own protection' is akin to physically/ psychologically blinding them. This act concomitantly blinds them to the truth (of God). You lead lambs to slaughter, forever at the mercy of charlatans with wrongful teachings. You have actively contributed to the hobbling of God's children and stand above their suffering claiming no culpability.

My words are indeed scathing and acerbic. I am my fathers daughter even as an old woman. If what I am pains you horribly, that's all the more reason not to avert your eyes. I've been led here not by the secular life you've rejected & actively instruct youth to fear, not by women, but by the very Pulpit you preside. If you cannot detect a shred of feminine left on my bones at any moment the holy spirit might compel the curia to inquire the Christian culture as to it's whereabouts. They have yet to express enough concern to form a search party even as it starved to death in Calcutta.

I welcome you to freely judge me with your persecutions paraded in parishes and world court alike until you, with finality, witness yourselves as obstructionists of God's love in relation to womankind at the expense of familial/societal health. I have no fear and it makes me an exceptionally dangerous woman. To what, you might ask? To self serving ego's who compulsively covet a noble cause for a bit of cheap applause.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Bashing Christians or Catholics is nothing new in the media but it's time we started shining a light on the hypocrisy of the left who preach religious tolerance while stabbing Christianity in the eye. Post all Christianphobia opinion news articles and TV segments here to expose the media's ignorance and hatred of a truly peaceful religion.

Jake Diliberto: Crazed Christians: Two Lifesized Looney Tunes

disclaimer for libnuts: invoking Timothy McVeigh won't work.
I haven't met a "real" Christian yet who follows the teachings of Christ as given in the Bible.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:05 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
LOL, right on schedule some Moderator cut: inappropriate has to bring up ancient history to prove how violent Christianity is (was).

Try dealing with the facts as they are today because that is what affects us now, in the present world. Christianity has evolved past its violent history. Islam has not evolved at all and is, in today's modern world, the biggest terrorist threat to civilization.

Liberal Narcissism and Anti-Christian Phobia.
"Americans have always expected national television broadcasters to steer clear of degrading epithets. On April 14, 2009, CNN's Anderson Cooper established a new low in television journalism when he labeled millions of Americans in the Tea Party movement with a vulgar sexual term. Other mainstream media journalists and personalities gleefully followed suit. There was no outcry from the "anti-hate community." Many liberals do not merely tolerate contumelies against conservatives, but they delight in them."

I disagree that the teachings of Christ promote violence. It simply isn't there. Individuals who call themselves Christians may have done terrible things, but that is in direct disobedience of the teachings of Christ.

Old 09-26-2010, 01:38 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Poor majority fantasy believers, they're so persecuted.
My heart bleeds for them.

Although the OPs premise is silly; christers deserve whatever they get for their hypocrisy.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
No scientist is persecuted today more than the scientists who refuse to dogmatically accept the far left's global warming theory as a proven fact. The far left's church of environmentalism is a greater threat to scientists today than any other religion ever was. Combine that with the similarly aligned animal rights movement that bombs labs and kills scientists and it is clear that the left is far more anti-science than Christians or "the right".

YouTube - Brief Reflections on the Bioethical History of Christianity

Old 09-26-2010, 02:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,275,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
A sad incindent in a backward part of the world. You will note, however, that there is no Christian doctrine that calls for pouring acid down children's throats. This is in sharp contrast to Islamic acts of violence where they can point directly to their holy books and show that they are acting in complete agreement with its teachings. In most cases the ycan also point to direct examples of the founder of their religion (Mohammad) doing the same thing. This includes, but is not limited to, cutting the heads off of unbelievers, having sex with nine year old children, beating women, and lying to non members of the faith if it promotes their religion.
Christian missionaries in Africa has done a lot of good to improve the lives of the people there. Contrast that to the teaching of Islam and their missionaries in Africa (of which there are many). The current trouble in Darfur is due to the violent militaristic nature of Islam and its war against the Christian and native Animist population. If you don't know who the real istigators of violence are in the world today than you just haven't been paying attention (or you are a good dhimmi with her eyes closed).
No christer doctrine that calls for hatred of gays, either. Does that stop it? No.
And it's done in the name of their sky-daddy.
The hatred is pushed by christers.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:18 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Now, THAT'S crazy. Your assumed enemy (the far left) is a danger to science? I'll acknowledge your global warming stance, but the rest of it is garbage. Environmentalism is sound science, but its application doesn't fit in with our heartless economic system. Animal testing is torture and has no scientific merit whatsoever. It's only value is to obtain profit from the sale of needless products.

I'm convinced mankind does influence climate but I'm not convinced it will be warmer. It could be anything, but it will definitely be different. Like any of the great arguments, it takes time for all of science to come to a single conclusion. That there currently is infighting is to be expected.

I'm a diehard environmentalist and animal rights supporter. Environmentalism and supporting animal rights are GOOD things and sound science. Some may go too far and break the law to support their beliefs, but then how many Christians have ignored the law to make their point? I think the number of Christians breaking laws (cough, abortionist murderers, cough) to make their point exceeds the few instances of criminal overzealousness by these two groups.

Christianity is anti-science because it continues to adhere to beliefs that are erroneous from a scientific perspective. Christianity has a long history of being anti-science, so this conclusion is supported by hundreds of years of historical fact. The world is not several thousand years old, for example. Of course, these beliefs would be difficult to abandon because doing so might (I say would) effectively end Christianity altogether. And therein lies the perceived persecution of Christianity. How can something illogical continue to form people's basis for reality?

You don't see what you need to see to understand why Christians believe what they believe because you don't know what to look for. Read the Book of Daniel, then you'll have a starting point at least.

From a strictly scientific point of view, much of what is written in the Bible as it is generally understood stands in direct contradiction to what is presently accepted as scientific fact. The problem with going the next step and dismissing the entire Bible as a collection of ancient fables and invented religious law is the other component involved, prophesy. See, the reestablishment of the modern sate of Israel on May 14, 1948 following a period of persecution of the Jews becomes problematic since it exactly fulfills Bible prophesy.

The first issue is the circumstances that brought about the rebirth of Israel. I'll buy that a type of Anti-Christ (Hitler) rose to power and persecuted Jews resulting in the rebirth of the nation as predicted simply by chance or deliberate effort to that effect were there nothing else notable. But we also find the timing of Israel's reestablishment to be spot on with no chance to rewrite history or the prophesy that predicted it thousands of years ago (KJV in print, 1611). Again I have to remain skeptical until my skepticism becomes unreasonable. I simply don't find it reasonable to believe the Axis Powers timed their defeat and the end of WW2 to coincide with prophesies in the Book of Daniel so that Israel would be declared and independent state on time. The same can be said for the timing of the termination of the British mandate. Perhaps to you it seems logical or coincidental that British control would have been scheduled to end at just the right time to facilitate fulfillment of Bible prophesy, but I find that unreasonable.

So you will forgive me if I take both science and the Bible seriously. As I learn more about each, I find more and more reason to believe both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies