Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2010, 06:21 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Lots of hot air here. Someone open a window please.

It's irritating, to say the least, when people who are not Christians talk about Christianity as if they understood what it is. Accept it. You don't understand it. You just hate it and are looking for reasons to justify it, and they're shallow and transparent.

As in this biased attempt to malign all of them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Bet that was said to the Jews in Poland while they were being rounded up.

So much tolerance for others on here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
As the Christians stood by and watched them being gathered up and did...

...nothing.

Christians are the most committed, largest single group of support that Israel has outside its own ranks. It was true Christians who risked and lost their lives helping Jews in Nazi Germany. You ask for a link? There are plenty to be found but the truth is seen best in the existence of the Street of the Righteous Gentiles in Jerusalem, dedicated to the non-Jews that risked their lives in order to save their Jewish neighbors.

True "Righteous Gentile" Story from World War II
http://www.bibleprobe.com/hulstein.htm

Along this tree–lined avenue are plaques and trees that commemorate some of 20,757 people who have been recognized as those who helped save Jews from the Holocaust.
http://www.holylandphotos.org/browse...img=ICJRMDYD01

And There were such gentiles in other countries, as well:
http://www.rumbula.org/righteous_gentiles_latvia.shtml

I believe one of the reasons for the mindless general hatred of Christianity is its overwhelming support of Israel. The other is hatred of God, pure and simple.

Last edited by swbtoo; 11-21-2010 at 06:37 PM..

Old 11-21-2010, 06:31 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...t:429,r:18,s:0

Old 11-21-2010, 07:02 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
For some reason the MSM favors Muslims and dislikes Christians.
Mass Media is used to influence sentiment, opinion, beliefs and even bring about truth by consensus.
Why is it being done ? Beats me but someone has an agenda.
Favoritism? Perhaps if they embraced accountability as Christians are instructed they wouldn't be facing the sheer volume of indictments. None would be leveled if they were indeed guiltless. Don't act like an animal and you won't be treated as such applies to all equally. Which agenda are you referring? The one that suppresses evidence to flatter itself, feeds hysteria with false allegations, and profits wildly from hatred? Or the one that lets facts stand on their own merits? The one haters claim are biased but reliably offer zero evidence of bias for intelligent responsible citizens to hear out their case? Instead our ears are abused with lies using false emotional appeals as manipulative as unscrupulous women falsely accusing rape. Making a joke out of real violence does not serve justice and lies are not protected speech.

Why is it that so many examples of christians (small c) are attacking muslims in America? Why is it that freedom of religion is being sold in right wing media as sole proprietorship of Christians? Do you sincerely believe the majority of Americans regardless of affiliation are oblivious to the concept of sharia law? Are you in any way aware of DOJ statistics?

The day pipe bombs go off in your Church planted by American muslims, when muslims drive a car through your house of worship, drunken muslims urinate on your altar giving your priest the middle finger, toss moltov cocktails at you for wearing a cross on your neck, smear feces on/ set fire to your bible, attempt to slash your throat and stab you for being a Christian cab driver, attack Sikh Indian legal immigrants & business owners because they resemble Christians, set your tire store on fire because you're Christian then I'll listen. Until that day, the vast preponderance of malevolence on USA soil (not far flung places beyond our jurisdiction) is not originating from American Muslims, but from american (small a) christians (small c). You really want to believe you're so much superior to animals who behead 3 indonesian girls but when it all comes down to dust fundamentalists running amok in USA are not treated by the same standard you expect those who persecute others are treated. They largely get a free pass and are supported by bloodthirsty morons. Those same morons champion their rampage murdering protestants at St Bartholomew's day massacre. The very same morons championing a populist murderer and persecute a heretic (AKA messiah). Until our own village idiots see justice it's hypocritical to make demands abroad.

Those christians see fit to burn down their own church, an inconvenient fact challenging your Christian American persecution theory is that it's coming from your own pews. Not liberals saying so, not personal opinion, but multiple time worn investigations of majority Christian law enforcement officers. They're all liars? That's statistically impossible. The Christian Science Monitor is a liar siding with peaceful Muslims against jihad persecuted both by extremist muslim minorities and extremist christians? So are ADL; Jews are defending the right of Arabs to peacefully exist as any American ought to in defense of liberty for all, not just for your pet brand of religion. What motive do any of the above have to lie?

RW buries it, treats it like an anomoly, and consistently attribute all religiously motivated violence to muslims. Has "Whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me" become the next inconvenient truth the Vatican suppresses?

Fair warning if you are indeed meaning to be Christian- this trujillo/ ustase roman catholic fundamentalist version of catholicism is no Catholicism at all. Would I judge you as you judge others through illegal anti-american guilt by association method I'd have to hold you personally accountable for every genocide in recorded history perpetrated by christians (small c), including, but not limited to, the murder of Catholics by catholics who failed to politically support a right wing utopic vision. Make no mistake about it, the very same accusations leveled against utopic starry eyed liberals & utopic islamic extreme ambition for world dominion absolutely apply in equal measure to utopic right wing fascists hiding behind the cloak of conservative. ALL lower case equally when truthful discernment is in full command.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:35 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

It's irritating, to say the least, when people who are not Christians talk about Christianity as if they understood what it is. Accept it. You don't understand it. You just hate it and are looking for reasons to justify it, and they're shallow and transparent.

Christians are the most committed, largest single group of support that Israel has outside its own ranks. It was true Christians who risked and lost their lives helping Jews in Nazi Germany. You ask for a link? There are plenty to be found but the truth is seen best in the existence of the Street of the Righteous Gentiles in Jerusalem, dedicated to the non-Jews that risked their lives in order to save their Jewish neighbors.

Amazing true Story of Righteous Gentiles Henry Hulstein and Grace Hulstein

Along this tree–lined avenue are plaques and trees that commemorate some of 20,757 people who have been recognized as those who helped save Jews from the Holocaust.
Holy Land Photos

Righteous Gentiles in Latvia

I believe one of the reasons for the mindless general hatred of Christianity is its overwhelming support of Israel. The other is hatred of God, pure and simple.
Hmm now I know the source of the hot air... Please spare me. I "understand" Christianity, that's why I left it. I was a Christian for nearly two decades so please spare me the lectures. *Holds breath waiting for the 'you were never a true Christian*

Old 11-21-2010, 07:37 PM

About sums it up perfectly.

Old 11-21-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Amazing true Story of Righteous Gentiles Henry Hulstein and Grace Hulstein

Holy Land Photos

Righteous Gentiles in Latvia

This post is so full of it I have to respond to it twice. First off, I will not stop criticizing Christianity until it's followers stop trying to force their way into power in my country and dictate it's legislation by the whims of their favorite book. I'll stop criticizing Christianity when it's followers stop trying to force their morality down my throat and then claim persecution when I call them out on it. When Sarah Palin, backed mostly by far right wing Christians, is no longer a relevant political figure I'll stop trying to "understand" it.

I don't hate Christianity per se but I hate what it's followers are doing to my country and to the world. You have the Pope banning birth control thus being complicit in the spread of STD's in impoverished nations. You have far right wing loonies looking to retard our advances in the field of science by advocating their preposterous theory be taught in classrooms across the country. You have fanatics who retard are advancement in the field of medicine by demanding stem cell research, which holds countless promises for cures of ailments for those actually living, because they believe a book full of riddles and unjustified claims says it's a sin.

You have a former President who claims that "God" told him to invade Iraq. Christians are largely behind the Tea Party movement. Christians demand the 10 Commandments be situated on public land. Christians want prayer in school. Christians use their faith to justify foreign policy positions. Christians use unjustified claims of ancient myths to justify the backing of Israel even if *shudders at the thought* Israel is wrong!

The list goes on and on. Now you see why I take such an active interest in the largest special interest group in America. My "hatred" of Christianity is far from mindless sir. Christians give me ample reasons to "hate" their silly mythology. I don't hate god because I can't hate what doesn't exist.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:09 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,024,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
LOL, right on schedule some Moderator cut: inappropriate has to bring up ancient history to prove how violent Christianity is (was).

Try dealing with the facts as they are today because that is what affects us now, in the present world. Christianity has evolved past its violent history. Islam has not evolved at all and is, in today's modern world, the biggest terrorist threat to civilization.

Liberal Narcissism and Anti-Christian Phobia.
"Americans have always expected national television broadcasters to steer clear of degrading epithets. On April 14, 2009, CNN's Anderson Cooper established a new low in television journalism when he labeled millions of Americans in the Tea Party movement with a vulgar sexual term. Other mainstream media journalists and personalities gleefully followed suit. There was no outcry from the "anti-hate community." Many liberals do not merely tolerate contumelies against conservatives, but they delight in them."
An extremely well written, intelligent article that is right on the mark. I wish more people would read it and take some time to think about it. Thanks for posting it.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:04 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
US Christians continue to poll as the most eager group to favor use of the military to meddle in the affairs of other nations. Additionally, secular Europe is far more non-violent than even the most lilly white bible thumper States. And how many doctors and medical staff have christian anti-abortion radicals killed?.....a dozen at least over the last 15 years?

Old 11-21-2010, 09:13 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
then don't ever complain when someone judges a christian. Your religion's followers don't have a monopoly on that ability. But they sure act like it!
rtft, please and thank you.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:12 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Sanal Edamaruku
I don't want to hear anything from this author---he is a fake. Consider your sources when you do research.

Sanal Edamaruku
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies