Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 07:42 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times

Advertisements

ISLAMABAD — The family of a Pakistani Christian woman sentenced to death for blasphemy against Islam said Saturday they are hoping for a presidential pardon that could bring her home in time for Christmas.

The case against Asia Bibi — which started with a spat over a sip of water — has renewed calls for reform of Pakistan's blasphemy law, which critics say has been used to settle grudges, persecute minorities and fan religious extremism.

Read more: Pakistan blasphemy law under scrutiny | Nation & World | Wichita Eagle

Old 11-22-2010, 07:42 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
There are too many Christian cults around. That's why there is this phobia.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:45 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
I'm a Christian. I don't really see any Christianphobia in the media. There are people who are anti-Christian who express those views in the media, but that's their right.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
I'm a Christian. I don't really see any Christianphobia in the media. There are people who are anti-Christian who express those views in the media, but that's their right.
I am a Christian as well but I used the term when the media put down Christians. The media seems to come back with a knee jerk reactions to Muslims being questioned about terrorists and use the term Islamophobia for anyone who questions it so why doesn't it follow when they slam Christians it isn't Christianophobia? Just seems logical to point out the difference so they can think about it.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
There are too many Christian cults around. That's why there is this phobia.
There are all kinds of crazy cults out there, even atheist cults. I don't think Charlie Manson prayed or talked about Jesus except to convince his followers he was the high supreme being and they should kill for him.

I know strong Christians who rejected some crazies because of their strong faith and knew a charlatan when they saw one.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:25 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,256 times
The quote "Treat others how you want to be treated" taught to us as kids seems appropriate.

In America, Christians started all the hate first (and it's still going on). Can't really expect others to sit there and take it quietly.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:27 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
It seems that many here are choosing a blindness to protect their unbelief.
Muslams are killing christians in other parts of the world simply because the muslam religion gives them the directive.
Christians are not picking fights with these people in fact for the most part christians are trying to help people in great generosity and sacrifice ' , I have friend that came from egypt, the christians there are being singled out and tortured and the government does nothing because it is primarily muslam. A woman that became a christian has been beaten and threatened with death by the athourities .
This is not an isolated insident , this has been going on for centuries. News media are not going to say any thing because it is not politically safe. The writing is on the wall folks .

Old 11-22-2010, 09:27 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I think most of the time American Christians don't even think of atheists---yes athesists are the minority in our country. Maybe American atheists have the persecution complex.

But, I can say and it can be easily verified that Christians around the world have been persecuted, killed, beaten, put in jail for their faith, and tortured. Most of the countries that do it are atheists, like the Russian government. It goes on in Muslim countries today. You can find news stories everywhere of Christians being put in jail for even saying they are Christian. A lot of Christians in other countries need to go underground to practice their faith or they would be killed.
You can find stories of discrimination against atheists too if you cared to look. However you're far more interested in continuing the myth of Christian persecution in America. LOL@ you of all people claiming others have a "persecution complex."

Old 11-22-2010, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It seems that many here are choosing a blindness to protect their unbelief.
Muslams are killing christians in other parts of the world simply because the muslam religion gives them the directive.
Christians are not picking fights with these people in fact for the most part christians are trying to help people in great generosity and sacrifice ' , I have friend that came from egypt, the christians there are being singled out and tortured and the government does nothing because it is primarily muslam. A woman that became a christian has been beaten and threatened with death by the athourities .
This is not an isolated insident , this has been going on for centuries. News media are not going to say any thing because it is not politically safe. The writing is on the wall folks .
It seems as though you are choosing blindness to protect your belief if you ask me.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Perhaps that's because muslims tend to be violent and discriminatory toward other religions. Sort of like atheism.

Hypocrisy, thy name is atheister.
Oh I don't discriminate, I don't like any religions. Yes Muslims today are the violent religious sect, but they're just taking the baton from Christianity. Do some research on the Salem Witch Trials, the Crusades, the Inquisition, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies