Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 05:29 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Just came across this thread but I wanted to throw in there that MANY die-hard Republicans also feel the Tea Party is a bit extreme. Just sayin'.
Well of course they think that. They are no different than the sleazy democrats. The only difference is which of their buddies gets to play with the money stolen from me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2010, 05:30 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
People are forced to pay into the scam I don't blame them for wanting some of their stolen money back.

lmao what a silly, agenda filled statement. No wonder posters who make up these absurd things are not taken seriously.
You're talking about the Tea Party, right?

Old 09-26-2010, 11:48 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
You're talking about the Tea Party, right?
you missed the point, shocker,

Old 09-27-2010, 11:39 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Whoa! Such talk from the great defender of the "little guys"! What's wrong with being the Fry Cook at McDonald's?
It is defending the little guys because they would still be in the same boat as before. Paying them more will not increase their income. Because the cost of products will increase causing them to have the same amount left over each month

So what if they are earning say 50k a year when they are still paying out 49k a year because the cost of services has also increased.

That isnt going to help anyone.

lol Do you think business are going to just lose money?

Old 09-27-2010, 08:02 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
^^Explain this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Or maybe the Fry Cook a McDonalds needs to get off their butt and start applying themselves to be something better then the fry cook at McDonalds

Old 09-27-2010, 08:36 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,239,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Yes, that is why I vote for my representatives, who happen to work for me (the govt of, by and for the people).
I would love to see someone with this attitude tell a cop off the next time you're caught in a money-making speed trap (at the end of the fiscal quarter, but there's no quotas for handing out fines, right?), or go down to City Hall and tell the Building Inspector that "You work for me!" when he costs you time and money jumping through bureaucratic hoops. The vast majority of government workers use their power not to help citizens, but to make themselves feel important and powerful.

I had to take over supervising the building permit when our swimming pool contractor (duly "licensed" by Local Government) ran off with our deposit. The drunken Building Department inspector pulled such stunts as failing one inspection because "he couldn't find the posted permit" and tacked his rejection to the actual posted permit; left another family's plans flying around our backyard on a windy day (so our workers could carry them to the other family's place); failed the stairs on the pool because they weren't equal height when they weren't finished and hadn't been equalized, and a thousand other errors that cost us time and money and aggravation.

I wish this was the exception, but it has proven over my lifetime to be the rule. Since you don't pay the government worker, or have any say in his reviews, you have absolutely no power over him. Go ahead and file a complaint if you want to waste your time. I worked for government for 10 years and never once saw an employee given the slightest grief for abusing the public, no matter how bad the offense.

When government sees its role as overseeing the citizen, as it does, the citizen is the subordinate. You even need government's "permission" to improve your own property, even if you do the work yourself.

Absolute insanity.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:11 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,228,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I don't agree with the sign, but I want to point out that that is a VERY obvious photoshop job on the spelling.

There's a lot of that going on when it comes to Tea Party signs... Why do you suppose that is? Could it be that those making certain claims about the Tea Party know those claims are unjustified, and are doing whatever it takes to discredit the movement, regardless of how ethical their tactics might (or might not) be?

People say that the left doesn't feel threatened by the Tea Party movement. The photoshop job on the sign in this picture is proof otherwise. A picture is worth 1,000 words, right? Well, the fact that someone felt it was necessary to photoshop THAT sign, with THAT message is an essay on the fact that the left is indeed afraid of the Tea Party movement.
You need to go back to Photoshop Detective School.

YouTube - Obama - "Half Breed Muslin" Sign Controversy!

Old 09-28-2010, 08:27 AM

638 posts, read 929,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
umm ever hear of the roaring 20's? You know the time period IMMEDIATELY before the depression caused by government interference? Do you think before you type or do you just like to hit the pretty keys?

You did not know about the economic success of the 1920's. You do not recognize that government run programs have proven time and time again to be costly and ineffective. Your credibility on this subject is lacking.
LOL yes there was a roaring twenties, a time period still dominated by a wealthy few who made fantastic fortunes in speculation. You state the collapse that occurred afterwards was due to too much government interference. I don't know what economist you utilize for your data, but most actually acknowledge that the crash was precipitated by a lack of government oversight. Investment banks and commercial banks had a very cozy relationship during this period, allowing investors to effectively one stop barrow and invest. There was no real money. Have you ever heard of the Glass Steagall Act? Additionally, you stated earlier that the US was better off than most other countries during the 19th century. That may be so, but advocating such logic is akin to stating ones 80 year old arthritic mother is better off than her neighbor with a broken hip. They’re both pretty bad off. Again this raw capitalism that you advocate was brutal, and the slightly better footing that you state the US had during this period in no way negates the very real and grim living conditions of these individuals. Again, all one needs to do, is make a quick and dirty comparison between the poor of today versus those of yesteryear. The improvement in living conditions of today’s poor is obvious and real.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:46 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Whi is this? Barack Obama trying to deflect the actual issues? The only power grab going on is Obama and his cronies. If you can't see that, then I hope you don't vote either.
The things that he says he hates about the Tea Party, is exactly what Obama is all about. If the liberals actually heard what they are saying......they might not be so eagar to run their mouths!

Old 09-28-2010, 09:25 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,247,317 times
These are some of the extremes I find nauseating:

1. The earth is only 6,000 years old.
2. The earth was made in 7 days.
3. It's okay to bomb an abortion clinic, or shoot a doctor while he's in church, but not okay to get a legal, early term abortion.
4. Support of a woman who wants to legislate laws against masterbation.
5. Support for a woman who wants to ban condoms.
6. No support for anything that has to do with environmental protection.
7. No support for alternative energy upstarts.
8. No support for high speed rail and a great massive transportation system.
9. No support for protection of human rights over corporate money.
10. Tea Partiers fall hook, line, and sinker for abstract 'feel good' words, but fail miserably at critical thinking and logical thought processes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies