Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2010, 09:26 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,942,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCJoe View Post
Where is your evidence of this rosy existance pre1930 for the common man. Give me some books please..........
umm ever hear of the roaring 20's? You know the time period IMMEDIATELY before the depression caused by government interference? Do you think before you type or do you just like to hit the pretty keys?

You did not know about the economic success of the 1920's. You do not recognize that government run programs have proven time and time again to be costly and ineffective. Your credibility on this subject is lacking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 09:29 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,942,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Even movie industry is REGULATED by GOVERNMENT! And Michael Moore AGREES with REGULATION.
I'll repeat myself in hopes it will sink in. You do not know the difference between corporatism and capitalism. You do not know what you are arguing about. Michael Moore has wised up a bit on that and is mentioning corporatism now. Why haven't you?

Old 09-24-2010, 09:30 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,601,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I'll repeat myself in hopes it will sink in. You do not know the difference between corporatism and capitalism. You do not know what you are arguing about. Michael Moore has wised up a bit on that and is mentioning corporatism now. Why haven't you?
You have not been reading my posts. I mention corporatism every other word.
Have I not said corporatism at all on this thread? MY BAD!

Old 09-24-2010, 03:53 PM

21,678 posts, read 31,351,248 times
Just came across this thread but I wanted to throw in there that MANY die-hard Republicans also feel the Tea Party is a bit extreme. Just sayin'.

Old 09-24-2010, 05:30 PM

19,039 posts, read 14,278,476 times
Why government doesn't end poverty.

Donor ======> Government => Recipient
Result:
Donor depleted
Government skims a portion for "administrative costs"
Recipient is grateful to the government, not the donor.
Recipient votes for more charity at the expense of the donor.
Donor not happy, but government is, as it justifies itself.
End result:
Everybody is poor, except for the government.

Private charity

Donor ======> Recipient
Result:
Recipient is grateful to the donor.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:05 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,386,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You are incorrect when you say the Tea Party does not attract young people. I see plenty of them. Have you ever been to one?

AND you didn't say anything about the issues. It was just a biased post comparing the Tea Party to 8th graders. How many 8th graders care about the debt and small government?
Were there tea partiers rallying for small government and decreasing debt 4 years ago? Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to be a fledgling movement. Of course people will question why they chose this moment in time to form their movement.

Nope, never been to a Tea Party rally or movement. I live in an area of the South that simply hasn't seen much "movement" I guess. And I havent found the interest to drive a few hours to one of their rallies. I'd show up at a rally if it were close to home

Old 09-24-2010, 09:07 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,572,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
I know you all get your same talking points from MoveOn, I mean, you all even use the same exact verbiage, you could be a little more subtle, but anyway:

What is so extreme about

Following the constitution
Smaller debt
Less taxes
Less gov in our life

I'd like specifics, not "O'Donnell believes that masturbation is wrong", many people of all political persuasions do and it's not something that can be legislated anyway, so lets rule that one out. I want to know specifically what is "extreme" about our beliefs?
I'm socially a leftie as you say....fiscally a rightie...as you would say and I NEVER heard of MoveOn....so please watch with generalizations. I'm against the Tea Party's anti-gay stances.

Old 09-24-2010, 09:21 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,386,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Just came across this thread but I wanted to throw in there that MANY die-hard Republicans also feel the Tea Party is a bit extreme. Just sayin'.
Good point

Old 09-24-2010, 09:40 PM

1,013 posts, read 913,046 times
Quote:
[LEFT]The Tea Party is a trick, to lure you in. Like "pro-life" was a trick to lure me in ( I am pro-life). I did not vote for Bush II. But it was too late for the rest of the country, they were still high on believin' that Bush was about "family, God, pro-life"... noone knew that Cheney was in the background plotting to be VP so that he could pull Bush's puppet strings for WAR. Why would Cheney do that? Because he is a PNAC Neocon and he and the Neocons planned Iraq War YEARS before Bush II was in Oval Office:
Statement of Principles

So now here you are again, the hook is no longer "pro-life", so they reel you in with an implausible pipe dream> "No Taxes"! Why is Tea Party phoney? Well first of all its obvious to the most casual observer, No Deficit/No Taxes simply DOES NOT COMPUTE... throwing NOTHING into a HOLE has a return of NOTHING> do the math, I did. Nothing does NOT equal 1 or 2 or anything, it = 0 !!! The Hole is still empty!!!
The bottom line is still in the red.

So why would the Tea Party NOT do the math??? Cui Bono? - Who Benefits? Well, certainly not you or I, why would we want an EMPTY US Treasury??? Who would WANT to empty the US Treasury??? The only thing I can come up with is two things: 1) Military Industrial Complex 2) All other Corporations. And sure enough, the Tea Party is backed by CORPORATE SUPPORTERS, not grassroots voters.

But it actually is even worse than CORPORATE CONTROL! It's back to NEOCON WARMONGERING again!!! Guess who the TOP ADVISOR for Sarah Palin is??? A PNAC Neocon! Finally came out in MSM news this month:
Sarah Palin's top advisor outed as PNAC ("New Pearl Harbor") director - Los Angeles LA County Libertarian | Examiner.com

And WHO do you think is the "Paul Revere" sounding the warning bell about Tea Party??? RON PAUL !!!
Campaign For Liberty ; Ron Paul’s Shocking Message To The Tea Party: You’re being taken for a ride.

'...Here was Ron Paul's message to the Tea Party via The New York Times just the other day:
"As many frustrated Americans who have joined the Tea Party realize, we cannot stand against big government at home while supporting it abroad. We cannot talk about fiscal responsibility while spending trillions on occupying and bullying the rest of the world. We cannot talk about the budget deficit and spiraling domestic spending without looking at the costs of maintaining an American empire of more than 700 military bases in more than 120 foreign countries. We cannot pat ourselves on the back for cutting a few thousand dollars from a nature preserve or an inner-city swimming pool at home while turning a blind eye to a Pentagon budget that nearly equals those of the rest of the world combined."...'

Read more: https://www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/1088953-honest-question-all-you-leftists-here-23.html#ixzz10VYx3cNW
[/LEFT]
This is why I said to be careful of Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin Phoneys. Most liberals/neocons can't really say anything bad about Ron Paul, the person who really helped started it all because hes genuine.

All they can say is he is naive or something like that. Nothing creditable.

Sometimes Glenn Beck gives good info many times it's used to manipulate viewers of course. That is why I said in the past just get the info but do not believe 100% do your own research and do not let him manipulate you. Many fools just listen though and not do their own research.

It's like the Connecticut people voting in Linda McMahon over Peter Schiff for the primaries. I get a migraine thinking about the people letting corrupt fools obtain power. I do admit Schiff makes himself out to be too important many times, but that's from people making fun of him earlier on. I told you so, I told you so, so in the end no one wants to listen pretty much.

A bit of what I am doing now. I told you so Glenn Beck + Sarah Palin are frauds.

The real problem is fractional reserve banking system that is a fraud in and of itself.
Debt can never be paid back. Interest in set in stone money supply will never be paid back only defaulted. Unless you inflate it someway somehow no one can pay debt back at all. Banking in itself is a fraud.

The only way to fix banking or monetary system is if you make it similar to barter with no real inflation/deflation. I proposed this idea many times already. Make currency the food/water/energy produced. It does not need to be the gold, but anything and then let them compete. Yes people can hoard all these things but at that point people can produce more of them yes like food?

That means more supply = inflation to deflate the price of that supply. As you can see inflation + deflation = tied to supply and demand of world then. Simple solution except some can ruin it for a small time, but not forever at least.
Quote:
What is so extreme about the tea party
Nothing except idiots like Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin are corrupting the real tea parties.
A major turn off for the real ones.

Old 09-25-2010, 07:30 AM

6,085 posts, read 6,065,005 times
This is not just extreme, its downright bizarre.

"NIES: I tell them to be careful. You have to wear a condom. You have to protect yourself when you're going to have sex, because they're having it anyway...There's nothing that you or me can do about it.
O'DONNELL: The sad reality is -- yes, there is something you can do about it. And the sad reality, to tell them slap on a condom is not --

NIES: You're going to stop the whole country from having sex?
O'DONNELL: Yeah. Yeah!

NIES: You're living on a prayer if you think that's going to happen.
O'DONNELL: That's not true. I'm a young woman in my thirties and I remain chaste."

Call me crazy, but I think this chick has more on her mind than limited gubbermint.

Last edited by kovert; 09-25-2010 at 08:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies