Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 12:42 PM

54 posts, read 56,068 times

Advertisements

I'm not against any drugs as long as the person doing them doesn't hurt anyone else while doing them. They should be regulated just like caffeine and fat calories for food and drinks. I wouldn't want to live near anyone who did drugs but I don't see what business it is of anyone to ban it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 12:42 PM

448 posts, read 533,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why break out cocaine and heroin from marijuana? They're drugs that are obtained from plants. Just as hallucinogenic mushrooms are. And meth and LSD are just some chemicals.

You might want to ask yourself why cocaine and meth should be as commonly and easily available as beer and wine - and if you have ever known someone addicted to meth or cocaine, you might understand the problem some people have in accepting these drugs.
You and I both know there's a huge difference between Marijuana and Meth. That isn't just "some chemicals" that **** can kill you...

Old 09-21-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCroozer View Post
Legalization is a terrible word to use when talking about pot or any other drug. We should be championing decriminalization not legalization. There is a big difference.
Please feel free to explain yourself...

Old 09-21-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Why shouldn't cocaine and heroin be legal as well?
Drugs such as Marijuana, and Peyote are fully grown from the ground. There is no chemicals being added to it. While Cocaine and Heroin use ingredients from the ground, there are chemicals that are added to it that can....no...will kill you. No matter how much Marijuana you smoke you can never "overdose" on it. It's impossible. Try doing the same with Heroin and you're good as dead. There are obvious differences between them...

Old 09-21-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Such a response is evidence that many people are simply incapable of discussing the topic in a rational manner. Yours automatically assumes someone in a vital industry, in this case a chopper mechanic, will be lit up like a Christmas tree on the job. You blatantly ignore that most people drink in approved places or at home. Likewise most people who do such work avoid the 5 Martini lunch. Why would they not treat pot the same way?

And of course they do. There is nothing stopping people from getting stoned on the job now. And most do not. Just as most do not keep a pint of vodka in their raincoat by the desk.
Agreed.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:05 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
The title probably is misleading, so let me straighten it out....

I just want to know why so many people are against psychoactive drugs that are grown from the ground. I.e - Marijuana, Peyote, Salvia, etc.

Why is the government so against legalizing them when they know for a fact it would generate large amounts of money.

I'm not suggesting the legalization of all drugs (psychoactive or not) like heroin or cocaine. There's obviously a line that shouldn't be crossed.

I just wish people were more open-minded on this subject. And that the youth could have a better perception of it, not just "you smoke weed, you'll do crack and become homeless..."
I have no problem with you turning your brain to cheese if you want. Just make sure you have a job so you can pay for your stuff or cultivate it, and you carry your own medical insurance so I'm not forced to pay for your rehab/chemical dependence therapy/unemployment.

P.S. - You mentioned heroin, derivatives of opiates are already used and abused legally with prescriptions.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I live in an apartment complex. Don't want to participate in your drug high through the walls. If you want to eat it and get stupid, fine by me.
So if you live by a smoker of tobacco, you would complain about getting second hand smoke from them, right?....

And the THC is absorbed while the smoke is in the body after inhalation, the smoke you blow out would most likely not get you high...

Another common mistake, that you get "stupid" when smoking, which is extremely false, some in fact have their minds opened when smoking. Just to let you know.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I have no problem with you turning your brain to cheese if you want.
My brain is like this?

YouTube - Brain On Drugs

Old 09-21-2010, 01:32 PM

2,409 posts, read 3,040,921 times
I also find it rather ridiculous that pot may become legal yet steroids will probably still be classified as Schedule III. I have no desire to smoke weed but I have no problems using a little testosterone to gain some muscle, lose some fat, and feel better through hard work in the gym and strict dieting.

Old 09-21-2010, 01:49 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,727,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelution View Post
The title probably is misleading, so let me straighten it out....

I just want to know why so many people are against psychoactive drugs that are grown from the ground. I.e - Marijuana, Peyote, Salvia, etc.

Why is the government so against legalizing them when they know for a fact it would generate large amounts of money.

I'm not suggesting the legalization of all drugs (psychoactive or not) like heroin or cocaine. There's obviously a line that shouldn't be crossed.

I just wish people were more open-minded on this subject. And that the youth could have a better perception of it, not just "you smoke weed, you'll do crack and become homeless..."

Prostitution generates "lots of money" too and does less damage to society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies