Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:08 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
....you CAN masturbate without lust
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 10:14 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
....you CAN masturbate without lust
Apparently not O'Donnell.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:15 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Would you rather the president's Surgeon General propose the K-12 public schools teaching our children how to masturbate? I'm just wondering if what a private citizen says bothers you more then what those people in the highest offices of our US government propose.
No, I am sure that Satan will teach these kids for free!

Old 09-21-2010, 10:18 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
I'd rather be anti-Marxist than anti-master baiter

Old 09-21-2010, 10:27 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Another tea-party bashing thread. How interesting.
That's all you managed to glean from a post that made total sense in its evaluation of the culture war nonsense that is taking place in our government in this election season. Sad.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:40 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
No, I am sure that Satan will teach these kids for free!
Of course!

Old 09-21-2010, 10:54 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
What is really sad is that there is no direct command in scriptures that supports this issue .
Notice they did not quote a scripture reference nor any verse it's self except lust, which Lust is usually refired to toward some thing, or to the opposit sex . The term masterbation is purely not directed to any thing but to the person them selves fulfilling a need , like going to the bath room.
All lust is not bad . people lust for a better job , better grades, a deeper spiritual walk in the Lord .
The term lust and want are exactly the same thing.
It is frustrating to deal with folk that have been tought to ignore simple english, and too busy reading something else into it.
I watched the you tube .
Obviously the narator is an athiest, and hasn't the slightest idea of who God is . very sad.
God made man in spicific design , man has sence currupted it . never the less God's design does work but it is not found in religion , but in a real relationship. Scoff if you like, I know His ever presents , His healing in my body and in the lives of many others , His intervention in my life ,and guidance through out my day and most of my life. Go ahead scoff. To me God is not a crutch , He is life support . There is not a moment He is unaware of all that is around . Even if i die today, I will have lived a fuller more effective life, than I could have ever emagined with out Him. scoff if you like ,
Un like heaven, hell is ever expanding .Isaiah 5;14
Text alone, is not all God speaks with , but in a relationship the natural man is devoid.
As to the right or wrong of something, is purely between the individual and God , but a person with no relationship at all has nothing but second hand guess work and vast education and good deeds with the illusion it is equivelant to something, and it is not.
If one cannot recieve instruction From God, they cannot obey in a relationship with God. That is why religion does not work. and religious people get distracted with issues that make them look foolish.
And even though they are distracted , they are putting forth a noble effort to make a differnce, which is more than and arm chair critic is worth.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:19 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parti Rhinocéros View Post
It's disappointing to me that so many Tea Partiers can't criticize their own when they say or do something stupid.

+1 for OP - it's a great post and very true. What happened to us that we no longer care about real issues and distract everyone from the real issues with this? This is just one example of it. If we hope to have any affect on our government, we need to stop with this kind of nonsense.

Thank you. Well said. It is an embarrassment to America and quite frankily....the human species of 2010 that we have some dope using anti-masturbation as one of her political platforms.

We have so many desperately serious issues in this country and these morons are bringing up masturbation

That's some shallow gene pools.

Having said that, let me state this.

I whole-heartedly believe every individual has a right to their own opinion and feelings on sexuality and masturbation. No one's sexuality is any of my business.

But when speaking in a public/political/social venue and discussing political platforms: questioning and condemning the American people's right to their own individual sexuality and masturbation habits, is utterly stupid and fascist.

Last edited by NMyTree; 09-21-2010 at 11:48 AM..

Old 09-21-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Boy some posters are really enjoying this thread topic a little too much. Somewhat scary. . but I digress. . ..
So discussing masturbation and the participation of people here in this discussion is "scarey" to you?

Oh I think that says a lot more about you, than, it could ever say about us. But now I digress

Oddly, here you are participating and discussing it with us

yeah, scarey.

Careful, you might poke someone's eye out with that thing....lol

Old 09-21-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
why is this even an issue? is the democrat party that bad off in having no ideas that they have to attack a republican on their personal beliefs? i can just see the democrat strategy session now;

ok we cant attack her on taxes, spending, wanting smaller government, etc. because that message is resonating with the people, so what else have we got?

hey, she claimed to dabble in witchcraft, perhaps we can nail her for being a witch!

good, good anything else?

apparently she is against masturbation, perhaps we can make a big deal about that and claim she wants to invade peoples privacy.

excellent, ok lets get going on these issues then shall we?

if this is all the democrats have for november, they are going to lose the elections, and perhaps lose in 2012 as well.

Poor attempt as misdirections and diversions.

This is one of her core beliefs. You know, those core beliefs that Right Wingers all too often fall back on and use as their pillar of self-righteousness.

So of course it's going to be laughed at and slammed by anyone with an intelligence above their own shoe size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies