Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 08:15 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,799,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Do you really know what you are talking about?

Obama received billions from foreign interest but that was ok right?

With the majority of conservative Americans being doubling those who are liberal who do you think is always on the wrong side of right?
Do those "conservatives" favoring ending social security, medicare, public schools, and public universities?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 08:22 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,778,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
It was the conservative members of the Supreme Court who just gutted campaign finance laws, now foreign interests can influence elections here thanks to their actions.

Is that how Obama got over 2 million in foreign contributions, in 2008?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:29 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,410,523 times
If Obama is re-elected, I'm moving to either Costa Rica or The Nation of Arizona.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,351,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You got that right, ROB.

The only way to spread the wealth around (I don't think anybody really thought he meant to just keep it all in the US) is to bring up other workers' wages by leveling out ours. Americans have had it too good for too long, and Obama clearly thinks that has to stop. It's one of the changes he was talking about. But those who voted for him didn't know that, did they.

I sense a form of legal slavery on the horizon not just for the free world, but for everyone (even if their wages ARE brought up). There will be the powerful, ruthless ruling class and then there will be the rest of us, the "united workers of the world" who support the ruling class.
That thing about wages is really scary. According to what I heard today the average union wage in the US is $63,000 and in China they get paid about $1.50 per day. Will that hurt when they get them equalled out? I guess our people will have to see their wages drop a whole heap but then Obama did promise CHANGE and this is for sure part of it.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
It was the conservative members of the Supreme Court who just gutted campaign finance laws, now foreign interests can influence elections here thanks to their actions.
Are you trying to tell us that the Supreme Court had something to do with the trip Andy Stern took to China not long ago? Lets discuss the topic I started this thing with not what you pick as the topic you want to use to make what our government is doing to us. Is that asking too much? I know that deflection is one of the major things that Alinsky said to use in his book but I try to avoid this happening. You can rest assured that when I get off topic my post is removed.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Do those "conservatives" favoring ending social security, medicare, public schools, and public universities?
What in hell does this post have to do with the topic of this thread? Get your own thread to play on.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:42 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,322,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I CAN'T BELIEVE I LIVE IN A NATION WHERE:

1. Government stands up for Global Governance.

2. Union leaders push for Global Governance, also.

3. You can dig in sand on our beaches.

4. You can't give away excess veggies you grew in your own garden.

5. Union leaders push for merging with unions in foreign nations.

6. The Federal Reserve can limit how much I charge on my credit cards through the newest czar, Elizabeth Warren.

Can anybody explain why a man had to pay a $5000 fine for giving vegetables he grew in his garden to others? I can't believe it.

A reporter was kept from digging in the sand on a Florida beach and told to go to a federal government part of it and there he was in worse trouble. Who decided all this stuff and why didn't it go on 2 years ago.

The top union man, according to the administration, Andy Stern, told a reporter that "Workers of the World Unite' was no longer just something that the old communists said it is now what they must do. When American workers unite with Chinese workers I wonder what happens to the American's salaries. I guess they will have to drop drastically to get even with the Chinese.

If I could I'd take your commenta and spread them around in my garden and watch the flowers grow. Just more Conservative B.S.!

Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:54 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,410,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If I could I'd take your commenta and spread them around in my garden and watch the flowers grow. Just more Conservative B.S.!

Thanks for sharing.
roysoldboy has a very good point: The US government is not doing a good job of sustaining freedom, liberty, and the rule of law.

Old 09-21-2010, 08:56 PM

2,347 posts, read 2,791,102 times
I CAN'T BELIEVE I LIVE IN A NATION WHERE:

where Christine O'Donnell represents a new political ideology.

God Save the United States of America from these lunatics.

Old 09-21-2010, 11:48 PM

37,963 posts, read 17,946,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post

Thanks for sharing.
gotcha the Constitution is BS. Try reading it then come back. .. or not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies