Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 10:56 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,948,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If I could I'd take your commenta and spread them around in my garden and watch the flowers grow. Just more Conservative B.S.!

Thanks for sharing.
really? did you listen to the presidents speech at the UN today? one of the things he alluded to was the need for global governance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
What kind of question is that. I don't care about more job growth in China any more than I cared about Russia winning the space race. Green technology is needed for green energy over here, thus new job growth over here. USA govt. has to get on the bandwagon with a national green economy initiative AND crack down on these AMERICAN businesses hiring illegals, and crackdown on these AMERICAN companies shipping jobs overseas. If the federal govt doesn't start national green initiative AND stop corporate abuses, Americans are up a creek without a paddle. Sorry about your buddy, but this is a no-brainer.
you are right that green energy is needed around the world, but forcing it on the world will cause more problems than it solves. just look at spain as a good example. they forced the country to create green jobs, and for every green job they created, they lost 2.2 regular jobs. what we need to do is let the free market work like it should, and bring green energy along gradually, and let the infrastructure build along the way. as for the US being behind in green energy, hogwash. we are leading the world in green energy research and development. IBM for instance is investing in solar energy research in a big way. there are americans developing paint on solar panels, as well as carbon nano tube batteries, and other carbon nano tube technology. dont count the US out in the green technology sector, we are father along than you realize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycwind View Post
The same reason I am scared of Islamic extremists.
really? tea party people are not strapping bombs to themselves and blowing people up, and they are not threatening violence either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 10:23 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,349,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
The worst offense. I can't believe our government lets us dig in the sand at beaches. All those evil little kids with pails and plastic shovels should be rounded up and thrown into Guantantamo for the public good.
Did you fail to read all that post? At the bottom some old fart pointed out that a man was told he couldn't do just what you say. Actually that cut and paste list had a grammatical error in that the 't was left off the can. You can't dig on some beaches, for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies