Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 02:41 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No I do not, and I also believe that many in the U.S. think like I do....
we dont' care if you want to come here to live, however, we do care about where the Mosque is being built due to the sensitivity of the issue...it shows they don't have respect for our tragic losses on that day...matter of fact, totally oblivious to it...

And no, I don't believe all Muslims are dangerous....sheesh....
You do understand that Iman Rauf is part of the our. So it was also his tragic loss. It is also something that he has dedicated much of his life trying to prevent from occurring again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 02:44 PM

28,922 posts, read 30,284,252 times
he says there is antisemetics in this country...this issue is not just about the mosque, but has arroused antisemetics in this country....he says we believe in seperation of church and state...? Yeah

He said US policies were accessory to the crime of 911, because we were accessory to a lot of people dying in the world
she asks him what is the context...He admits he regrets saying those words, would not answer her question when she asks him if he thinks it's true, regardless of stating it was taken out of context

she asks him again and he refuses to say yes or no....but says it is his responsiblity to speak the truth....

Old 09-23-2010, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You are speculating, 100%.

Religion does not supercede law in this country. As hard as the fundies would like it to, and try to make it so, the court of law decides, not the court of religion.

Do you actually know any Muslims? I know quite a few. They are all very, very moderate and have no interest in doing any of these things that you are convinced will happen.

Must suck to live in fear, scared of conspiracies like you do.
No one is stating that all Muslims we know will commit acts of terrorisim...however, there are many sleepers here

Old 09-23-2010, 02:48 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
I noticed you sniped out the part on the hand tied, separation of church and state activist.

You live in Dallas---DeJa Vu, a strip joint that use to be on Loop 12. They had to move to the other side of 35. There was a church petition circulating to have the establishment moved to another location. Never underestimate the power of organized religion. I can't believe you are going to ignore Thomas Jefferson on this one. Well, were Islam is concerned there is the ignore button.
I have a tendency to snipe out things I consider irrelevant bickering, and stick to the topic, or to a part of the response that tied to my earlier post.

As for underestimating the power of organized anything, I couldn't care less. Freedoms come with a price. If you choose to live in fear, do so, it is your style. And if you fear organized anything, then can I safely assume you're not a part of anything organized? Or, are you being a hypocrite (again)?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
No one is stating that all Muslims we know will commit acts of terrorisim...however, there are many sleepers here
So what?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:49 PM

He stated that when all nations accept Islam, then peace will prevail....

The 911 hyjackers shouted out, that they were on a misson of Islam....
I realize, these people are extremists, vile extremists, and there are good Muslims that don't believe in this....

Old 09-23-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So what?

so what? There are many sleeper terrorists in this country right now and have been for years...so what?

Old 09-23-2010, 02:56 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Quote:
I won't argue with you on that point, you could be right? However, as in everything is, you are led to believe by your opinion when you read articles, of course your doing to think that...every newspaper article might contain some fact, some fiction....and yes, it may have been they're agenda...

I also realize, there is a huge factor in the male domination of Muslim people, that many Muslim women are protesting and fighting for they're rights....and male domination by right of religion and law, have the right to stone them for this separation....and I'm all for these women....
And who is one of the Muslim Women working for the rights of women in Muslim communities. Why it the Iman's wife.

Daisy Khan | WISE Muslim Women

Daisy Khan is Executive Director of the American Society for Muslim Advancement (ASMA), a New York based non-profit organization dedicated to strengthening an expression of Islam based on cultural and religious harmony, as well as building bridges between Muslims and the general public. At ASMA, Daisy Khan has created a number of groundbreaking intra- and inter-faith programs. She has led numerous interfaith events, such as the theater production, Same Difference, and the Cordoba Bread Fest Banquet. She continues to mentor American Muslims on assimilation issues, balancing faith and modernity, the challenges of living as a minority, and intergenerational questions. To strengthen the voices of women and youth within the global Muslim community, she created two cutting-edge programs of international scope: Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow (MLT) and the Women’s Islamic Initiative in Spirituality and Equality (WISE).

Old 09-23-2010, 02:56 PM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
No one knows better than people in the NY metro area that there are terrorists living amongst us. It's also nothing new. They were living here in 1993, too, and I've no doubt that some are here since.

You absolutely cannot, however, assume that someone might be a terrorist just because he or she is a Muslim and curtail that person's rights and freedom because of your fear. If you live that way, then you toss out the window everything this country is supposed to stand for. Living with a Constitution such as ours includes taking risks that something COULD happen. There are no guarantees that you will be safe, ever, and there never were.

The World Trade Center itself was getting threats of sabotage and bomb scares since back in the 1980's. It was hit in 1993, and the threats continued in between. It was well-known that taking it down was still a goal of terrorists, and every last one of us who worked there was aware of that.

Some people did not return to the WTC after 9/11 because of that knowledge. The rest of us stayed. It was a wonderful place to work. You can stay somewhere and be safe and live in suspicion of a shadowy "them", but then, you don't get to work in the sky.

You can likewise let yourself be suspicious and frightened of people who don't think like you or don't look like you or have a different religion than you, but then you limit your possibilities in much the same way.

(Just to be clear, I am using "you" in a general sense here.)

Old 09-23-2010, 03:01 PM

88,615 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Quote:
so what? There are many sleeper terrorists in this country right now and have been for years...so what?
That was a good answer you were given. Yes, so what?

At any given time, it is estimated that there are about 100 serial killers in operation in the United States. Nearly all of them are white males, usually a nondescript type of person that you wouldn't look at twice on the street. Far more people are killed every year by serial killers in this country than by Muslim terrorists.

Do you live in fear that the quiet, balding, bespectacled guy who works in the corner office might be a serial killer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies