Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 09:52 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,797,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Dream on. Do you know what "The Samson Option" is?
They are not going to nuke Iran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 10:20 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,803,400 times
I'm beginning to think that the speculative nature of this sad world of international affairs has made the game more like 'Grand Theft auto" than honest speculation.
True, we see this cobra-faced moron Almadinajad, the neanderthal brow, the affected brain of a Cretin who stands before a forum unto the civilized world but we fail to see that
his destruction might well herald or bring about, the day of our own destruction. We sit at our desktops and boldly type our $h*t, we are secure and safe here in our armchairs,
sending our internet missiles from forum to forum but are we really hoping for the ultimate showdown? Dude, slow down! Are you so sure that America can sustain ANOTHER war?
Aren't we fighting ghosts to the point where we can hardly afford to bury our dead, give them new prosthesis's, give them jobs here as they limp home from another lost war?

We don't need more conflict, more voices shouting from the sideline: "Kill them, bomb them, do them in".
We've already "shot-our-load" as a world force influence, sadly,our day
has come and passed. Put away your jingo, your saber rattling, your bully tactic, we are history now, your leaders have finished us. Tuck away your pride of country, polish up
your AK47 and get with the times. We don't need Iran to bring us to our knees, we have a government here that is hell-bound upon doing that for us. I'd be more concerned with
charging my i-phone than charging into Tehran or beating the Iranians. We can't stop jailing people for smoking weed here in America but still there remains a class of people who
believe that we need to continue our aggressive course of conquering an enemy!
What more needs be said than: LOL...

Old 09-23-2010, 10:31 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,948,218 times
Israel won't just sit by and let Iran get nukes. They see that the world is not stopping Iran from doing so. Eventually they will take things into their own hands and strike.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:34 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,805,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I would love to see both blown to bits

But I admit I would love to see Israel blown up more.
Israel gets blown up and say goodbye to your precious Palestinians as well!

They share the same land!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:45 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,587,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Israel gets blown up and say goodbye to your precious Palestinians as well!

They share the same land!
Precious Palestinians?

What are you talking about?

Old 09-23-2010, 11:16 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,805,174 times
Quote:
Precious Palestinians?

What are you talking about?
Thought so.

I'm assuming you hate Israel because of how you accuse them of brutalizing Palestinians.

Well, don't you know that if Israel is blown up that both Jews and Palestinians will basically be wiped out?

If you cared for Palestinians so much, wouldn't you not feel that way?

Old 09-24-2010, 12:26 AM

948 posts, read 1,387,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Independently of the US? LOL That's a hoot!

Did you not notice the strategic and tactical errors they made in Lebanon which, by the way, allows Hizbollah to legitimately claim they are the first Arab force to defeat the IDF?

They mimicked our own, nearly identical errors in Iraq.

What does that tell you?
The 2006 Israel-Hezbollah War Israel clearly underestimated the response. They believed that a short bombing would resolve the situation via Lebanese pressure on Hezbollah and the returning of their two men who were held by Hezbollah. In Fact the thought is that they "took the bait" However the backing from the US and allied nations as well as the UN was on the bases of terrorism specifically the kidnapping of two israelis using the and the don't negotiate with terrorists policy.
One of the mistakes that Israel made was that had zero Intel as to the surroundings. The intent was not to attack Hezbollah direct so no Intel was though to be needed. While its true hat the conflict lasted longer then expected is that is where the similarities end between Iraq and the Israel-Hezbollah War .
Additionally I have worked with Israeli military. They always welcome support but never require it. The response to non support is OK go have a doughnut and coffee. It's on the other side of the door. What Israel chooses to do dose not require our permission. In fact lack there of puts them in a covert mode.

Old 09-24-2010, 01:13 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,587,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Thought so.

I'm assuming you hate Israel because of how you accuse them of brutalizing Palestinians.

Well, don't you know that if Israel is blown up that both Jews and Palestinians will basically be wiped out?

If you cared for Palestinians so much, wouldn't you not feel that way?
No, smart one. Nice generalization.

Precious Palestinians? Reason why I wrote that was because you're Sooooo predictable. They're not precious to me. Blow them up to bits and pieces. Do you think I'll care? I didn't feel the need to bring up Palestine since this is about Israel but you delivered as promised. Lmao.

Feel better now? Good job. Stay on topic. This is about Israel. A nation I wouldnt care to see get blow up. Bye bye Israel.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:23 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,556,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewmik View Post
The 2006 Israel-Hezbollah War Israel clearly underestimated the response. They believed that a short bombing would resolve the situation via Lebanese pressure on Hezbollah and the returning of their two men who were held by Hezbollah. In Fact the thought is that they "took the bait" However the backing from the US and allied nations as well as the UN was on the bases of terrorism specifically the kidnapping of two israelis using the and the don't negotiate with terrorists policy.
One of the mistakes that Israel made was that had zero Intel as to the surroundings. The intent was not to attack Hezbollah direct so no Intel was though to be needed. While its true hat the conflict lasted longer then expected is that is where the similarities end between Iraq and the Israel-Hezbollah War .
Additionally I have worked with Israeli military. They always welcome support but never require it. The response to non support is OK go have a doughnut and coffee. It's on the other side of the door. What Israel chooses to do dose not require our permission. In fact lack there of puts them in a covert mode.

The IDF is not as independent as they'd like their enemies to think. Israel can't sustain a war for very long without outside help simply because they do not have the industrial base, population or sheer numbers of soldiers. Never forget that it IS a tiny country and there is a limit to what tiny countries can achieve by themselves. Whenever they get in over their heads (and they have) it's Big Brother who bails them out.

And, Big Brother's help never comes free. Whenever America provides military assistance, it comes with a package of planning, organization, maintenance and training support. I can't think right off hand of a single instance of American military assistance not coming with those. That support may not involve the use of military troops (it's often done by civilian contractors), but it's still there.

I said all that to lay the ground work for pointing out the similarities between our screw up in Iraq and their screw up in Lebanon. In both instances, the armies went in unprepared for a long engagement, without adequate intelligence, an over-reliance on the effect of air power and a serious under-estimation of the enemy's ability to resist. In short, the invasion of Lebanon bears the marks of an American guiding hand behind it all, a hand controlled by Donald Rumsfeld's Department of Defense. The miscalculations are just too remarkably similar, and too out of character for the IDF, to casually dismiss American involvement. Frankly, I think Israel took American advice and now regrets it.

Why? Because the survival of Israel for over 60 years in the midst of a literal sea of enemies has depended upon only two things: Arab ineptitude and the aura of invincibility which has grown up around the IDF.

The invasion of Lebanon was a watershed event, one not commonly recognized, which demonstrated that the enemy is better organized, better equipped, better trained, better led and more disciplined than they've ever been before, thanks to the Iranian's who supply Hizbollah and Hamas. And, don't forget that Iranian military aid comes with the same package of support that ours does. In other words, Hizbollah's and Hamas' prowess is directly attributable to Iran.

More importantly, the IDF revealed it's weaknesses and can no longer claim to have never been defeated. Hizbollah can, and does, rightly claim the status of being the only Arab force ever to defeat the IDF and once that aura of invincibility is gone, it cannot be easily recovered.

So, how does that figure into our discussion about Iran and Israel?

Like this: Israel MUST now do whatever they can to re-establish the idea in their enemies minds that they can't be beaten. If they don't, they'll see other Arab states beside Syria starting to move against them, as Turkey is doing now in an accommodation with the new big kid on the block, Iran, and as Egypt will likely do in the post-Mubark era, which is coming soon. (He's pretty old). That will eventually be fatal to Israel, so they must act now, before it gets any worse. They won't do it immediately, at least not while engaged in peace talks with the Palestinians which, by the way, are only being conducted because America insists. What do you think is being held over their heads to force them to the conference table? That's right..American military assistance.

To sum up, because of their failure to crush Hizbollah in Lebanon, and because of our withdrawl from the Gulf region (Osama bin Laden has succeeded beyond his wildest dreams) and because we've expended our military might on two grossly mismanaged wars, wrecked our economy and tossed out a unified political stance in opposition to the very nation our bumbling has empowered, Iran, the Israeli's have no other choice than to strike at the root of their problem, Iran. And, they must strike hard, fast and visibly to make the impression on their Arab neighbors which they desire: that the IDF is once again the bad boy of the neighborhood. Their survival as a nation depends upon it.

Old 09-24-2010, 04:26 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,712,095 times
Quote:
No, smart one. Nice generalization.

Precious Palestinians? Reason why I wrote that was because you're Sooooo predictable. They're not precious to me. Blow them up to bits and pieces. Do you think I'll care? I didn't feel the need to bring up Palestine since this is about Israel but you delivered as promised. Lmao.

Feel better now? Good job. Stay on topic. This is about Israel. A nation I wouldnt care to see get blow up. Bye bye Israel.
yes, it seems as theliberalvoice does not care about israel or Palestine. blow them all up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies