Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 02:17 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,705,679 times

Advertisements

I think Darwin was adopted
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 02:19 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
She's right, you know. Just look at the Republican party for a prime example.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:50 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
What's really incredible to me isn't that there are uneducated people who think she's brilliant or right about issues she clearly knows nothing about, but that there are relative smart people who don't care if she's an imbecile, they just want to stick it to the Democrats and Republicans who aren't conservative enough for them. It's an obscene way to sabotage the most important body of government in this country.
It seems like its even more than they don't care that she is an imbecile. It really does seem like being ignorant is celebrated.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:15 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
It seems like its even more than they don't care that she is an imbecile. It really does seem like being ignorant is celebrated.

You and Jill have nailed it, and it's scary. This area has many evangelicals who believe that the Earth is 5,000 years-old. Imagine the length and magnitude of a conspiracy to prove otherwise...that level of denial is just stunning.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:11 PM

54 posts, read 56,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Iliketoread wrote;

What's the matter, neither tarheel Senator up for re-election this cycle?

and .

Wait, you actually think this woman is "brilliant"? Maybe you shouldn't be voting, or driving a car, or handling sharp instruments, or allowed out without a minder.
Just because I am looking to move to NC doesn't mean I live there. There are states that border NC. Oh and yes I do think she is brilliant. People that are attacked constantly by the left means they must be doing something to scare the hell out of the left because if they weren't such a threat the left would not be going crazy over her nomination.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:17 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeToRead View Post
Just because I am looking to move to NC doesn't mean I live there. There are states that border NC. Oh and yes I do think she is brilliant. People that are attacked constantly by the left means they must be doing something to scare the hell out of the left because if they weren't such a threat the left would not be going crazy over her nomination.
If you really do like to read, please read a Science book......

Old 09-26-2010, 06:31 PM

so, (John Doe) dies and goes to the pearly gates. St. Peter asks him.. Did you believe in evolution?

John: oh yes, can I come into heaven now?

alarm rings... you're dreaming

Old 09-26-2010, 07:23 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,226,528 times
Quote:
Oh and yes I do think she is brilliant. People that are attacked constantly by the left means they must be doing something to scare the hell out of the left because if they weren't such a threat the left would not be going crazy over her nomination.
So if a Republican nominee said they wanted to attack England, kill all left-handed people, and force people to attend church, the resulting uproar from the left would mean that Republican was brilliant?

Just shows it really is all about "sticking it to libs", nothing at all to do with governing or capability.

Recall that some really terrible leaders have been supported by large numbers of their countrypeople merely because that leader would "show those [insert political or tribal opposition] a thing or two" - despite said leader having some very noxious and publicly-known ideas.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
I would suggest perusing this thread:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rt-become.html

If you disagree with Obama, does that mean you're "afraid" or "jealous"?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
So if a Republican nominee said they wanted to attack England, kill all left-handed people, and force people to attend church, the resulting uproar from the left would mean that Republican was brilliant?

Just shows it really is all about "sticking it to libs", nothing at all to do with governing or capability.

Recall that some really terrible leaders have been supported by large numbers of their countrypeople merely because that leader would "show those [insert political or tribal opposition] a thing or two" - despite said leader having some very noxious and publicly-known ideas.
I actually agree with your point
I'm not too thrilled about some of the GOP/tea party candidates. But, in this case... you are either a liberal or you are not. The current political climate has killed the moderates. If I were a moderate democrat, I would leave the party and run as an independent. In most cases it is their only chance...
Unless they want to move to North Dakota and work for Walmart
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies