Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2010, 10:09 AM

77,771 posts, read 105,032,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
At least Obama is not Palling around with illegals!
oh, of course not, his aunt is here illegally, but we don't talk about that..

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentDrum View Post
It makes no sense whatsoever that Brown would have anything to do with this. He has no history of any such thing- and WHY would he do this, knowing it could backfire, when he is very,very likely to win the election any way?

Allred does have a history of this. I believe that as a Brown supporter she raked this up on her own. Brown is probably privately furious with her.

Allred and Whitman history:

Quote:
Not First Accusation of Whitman Mistreatment

......The Whitman team also pointed out that Allred has been involved in at least one other last-minute attack against a Republican gubernatorial candidate. In the closing days of California's 2003 recall election, Allred represented a woman who claimed that then-candidate Arnold Schwarzenegger had sexually assaulted her in the past. The lawsuit was later thrown out.

This is also not the first time Whitman has faced allegations of mistreatment. In 2007 Whitman allegedly cursed at and shoved an eBay employee in a conference room at the company's headquarters. The New York Times reported in June that Whitman paid the employee, Young Mi Kim, a settlement worth about $200,000......

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/attor...1765470&page=3 (broken link)
Don't you think he or his campaign should come out and say something to that affect? I don't know who is involved, I am not about the claim he is, or even his campaign but this is such a farces and he should make some statement.

What part of ms housekeeper, Nicki working for Meg 9 years and never taking action til now is so hard for you to understand?

Nita

Old 10-02-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I agree with the bolded part. Conservatives and Liberals coming together in a glorious union of peace and harmony
too bad there are a handful that just can't see what is happening. Narrow mindedness is a sickness almost..

NIta

Old 10-02-2010, 10:32 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,033,670 times
Quote:
It makes no sense whatsoever that Brown would have anything to do with this. He has no history of any such thing- and WHY would he do this, knowing it could backfire, when he is very,very likely to win the election any way?
Of course his fingerprints won't be anywhere near this, but WHO benefits by such a "scandal"? None other than jerry brown, who is friends with Allred. They were hoping this would catch fire and doom Whitman's campaign, but when all the FACTS and EVIDENCE come out, it seems to have backfired in their faces.

We all know it is an attempt to get out the hispanic vote for brown, let's just see if the fall for the lies and smears.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:39 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,800,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
I think you are missing an important point. The damage has already been done to Meg Whitman. One of her statements has been that she considered this maid like "Like Family" if you are familiar with Latino culture you should know that family is all important. The fact she would fire somebody who was considered "Like Family" and put them out on the street does NOT sit well with a lot of Latinos. She needs about 35% of the Latino vote to will this election according to some polls she has about 31%. If she loses ground in the Latino community there is no way she can win this election.
Well my Latino family think this situation is absolutely disgusting. Four of my nine aunts and uncles own eBay businesses. No one in my family can stand Jerry Brown. I guess we are part of the free and enlightened 31%
You obviously don't understand Latino culture as well as you think. All my female relatives where laughing and mocking poor little crying Nicky on the TV at a birthday party the other night calling her a mojada chucha idiota. They may have had one to many tequila shots. Most Latinos I know are laughing at her for admitting she was an illegal after getting away with it for so many years.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:42 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,800,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
too bad there are a handful that just can't see what is happening. Narrow mindedness is a sickness almost..

NIta
Every society has a certain percentage of mentally unstable people. You and I call them rabid liberals.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:47 AM

6,776 posts, read 13,575,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Ms. Whitman is on Neil Cavuto's show on Fox at this moment. Ms. Whitman has stated that this is a gimmick led by Allred and that the slave Nicki is being manipulated. She had never expected the slave was an illegal, that the slave had used an employment agency, filled out a 1099 and used a California driver's license.

Also, that in 2009 (I'm not sure of date), Nicki finally reported to Whitman that she was not a legal and that she used forged documents. Whitman states she let her go and Nicki never came back.

I'll guess we'll get the translation later.
I want to know why this woman was crying when she was paid 23 FRIGGING DOLLARS AN HOUR for cleaning a house???

Old 10-02-2010, 11:03 AM

29,981 posts, read 43,017,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Just another example of the uber-rich Republican types exploiting illegal immigrants for their cheap labor (nannies, maids, gardners, etc.) and then tossing them away like a snot-filled tissue after they are no longer useful (that or if they will get in the way of buying the governorship of California).
Seems it is Allred who is using this illegal alien and will toss her away. Yeah, Allred is a liberal political activist in her own right. If anyone is using this woman as a disposable tissue it is Allred.

Breitbart.tv » Mark Levin vs. Gloria Allred: It’s Not Even Close

Old 10-02-2010, 11:05 AM

29,981 posts, read 43,017,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I want to know why this woman was crying when she was paid 23 FRIGGING DOLLARS AN HOUR for cleaning a house???
I suspect there are many American citizens who are out of work who would clean for that pay-scale! Wonder if any of the 99+ weekers of "entitlement" on CD have applied for house cleaning positions.

Old 10-02-2010, 11:10 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,345,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Seems it is Allred who is using this illegal alien and will toss her away. Yeah, Allred is a liberal political activist in her own right. If anyone is using this woman as a disposable tissue it is Allred.

Breitbart.tv » Mark Levin vs. Gloria Allred: It’s Not Even Close
I have seen the Levin thing on Fox and really got a kick of how Greta von Susteren took Allred to the cleaners, later. I think that Greta may well be a better lawyer than Allred is. How long before Allred gives this one up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies