Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 10:58 PM
NCN

21,664 posts, read 25,719,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
As always .. you can be counted on for an insightful view. Unfortunately, 3/4 of the population cannot even understand what you just said.
You just spoke the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 01:54 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,337,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Dwight Eisenhower made no bones about it when speaking of the Military Industrial Complex, a direct threat to our country and democracy. He was open, honest and frank about it and we paid no heed.
Here is the speech in case anyone wants to watch it.

YouTube - Eisenhower warns us of the military industrial complex.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:46 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,827,367 times
Quote:
Are we doomed to this or is there a way to turn things around. These folks are powerful, they spattered the brains of a president in broad daylight and gave an explanation that defies the laws of physics and we have been scared every since.
I hope you can see the irony of Americans (convinced they're christians) insisting we have 'in god we trust' printed on our currency. It was never god we were trusting, it was an 'expert' who devised a system. It was the men who guarded that system we were trusting. God has no need for our currency debasing God nor do I believe God grants grace and favor to chosen children. IMO it became easier for people to worship money & men, not God. God didn't make a this mess, humans did. They might also start believing we've been abandoned/forsaken, and to them I say they weren't with God to be abandoned in the first place if you've placed your faith so superstitiously.

Say what we might about that system it has worked. It did solve many things even if people somehow know but can't prove it looked rigged for skimming from the beginning. I've got to say though that when the rigging & the middlemen & the whatnot are the only ones who can profit (the ones who never have to get their hands dirty or even subcontract out taking possession of an inventory), yet driving up the costs for all... why are they permitted to?

Lots of talk about fiat currency these past few years but I don't think it's possible to go back to the gold standard because our scale exceeds the volume. Perhaps another commodity that's scarcer & higher value would work better. Something like radioactive elements (plutonium, uranium etc) that's too hot to handle making it less easily targeted for pilfer/ plunder yet translates tangibly to energy values that are more scientific based (joules, horsepower etc). I've seen alternative based currencies on resources. Commodities markets as they are in our system tend to be volatile but reality isn't volatile. Food for thought. Money Team I don't have to agree with any of these ideas but the fact we're applying brain power towards a solution is what counts. Anyone tries to sell me the notion of having a unified global currency I've got to say no deal and I hope all see clearly the reasons why they should run, not walk, from that idea as manifestly unsound. This has already gone far enough, too far in fact, strung out in quagmires only this time it's a financial front.

External criticism of the 'American way'... Read this and ask yourself if this conduct is a legitimate business enterprise/ capitalism or well heeled organized crime...
Semi...naked short selling - New Europe (http://www.neurope.eu/articles/Seminaked-short-selling--/102551.php - broken link)

As for scared- the only thing any of us have to be scared about is when we allow ourselves to forget what being an American means and turn a blind eye when our fellow citizens are in trouble. To allow ourselves to be tricked into attacking our brothers. When people lose sight of the greater good for which it stands. Insist on the truth. The truth makes us stronger, lies make us weaker, and once truth goes viral the same cloak of invisibility they use hiding out in corporate charters is the same advantage of the masses.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:32 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,602,901 times
Quote:
...This is NOT a Dem vs Rep thread this is an:
America vs. The transnational corporations
America vs. Facism
America vs. Feudalism
America vs. Robber Barons
America vs. Bush Sr's and B. Clintons New world order.
America vs. Social engineering via the Muslim threat fear.

The enemy within, that is the way we will lose America, and Tea Party is aiding and abetting the enemy within

Old 09-30-2010, 07:39 AM

504 posts, read 458,312 times
Default I dont forgive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
The enemy within, that is the way we will lose America, and Tea Party is aiding and abetting the enemy within
They know not what they are doing or who they work for. Their side was always ripe for the picking. When your motivation is racism, zenophobia, homophobia, selfishness, self pity, religious superiority, etc. all it takes is a few dog whistles to get things moving.

Facts dont matter the truth dont matter, they and Obama work for the same corporate masters but ol Barack makes a helluva strawman.

Obama's election was apart of the plan. These knuckle draggers are motivated and galvanized, funny thing is they are no where near being the majority but corporate owned media will tell you just the opposite.

The ruling class has returned and they have this won.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,823,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
With Jimmy Carter the CFR got into the Executive Branch and has stayed there since.

I'm going through my mind, I can't translate CFR.
Help a guy out.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:47 AM

15,199 posts, read 8,732,945 times
There is no "fix" for the current system as it is structured, because those in the places of power to do so are the primary problem, and they have imbedded themselves like tics.

What it will take at this point is for the house of cards to come crashing down completely ... and the majority of people must wake up to the fraud, and come together in a massive demonstration of civil disobedience and non-participation in the corrupted systems and mechanisms. One large ... "I quit" .... the game is fixed, so why continue to play it? Doing so just allows the fraud to continue. Would you stay seated at a poker table and keep playing if you KNEW the dealer was dealing from a stacked deck? OF COURSE NOT. But that is precisely what we continue to do ... arguing .... democrat this ... republican that .... conservative blah blah ... liberal yada yada .... while the criminals continue to loot the system, laughing all the way to the banks that they own. Not very intelligent of us. We outnumber them 10 Million to 1, and all we really need to do is STOP ALLOWING OURSELVES TO BE MANIPULATED.

It's apparent to me at this point that the general population seems willing to endure any indignity or insult ... absent of the intestinal fortitude that would demand action against this corruption. The loss of liberties ... the police state thug behaviors ... the naked body scanners ... the poisoning of our food and water ... the destruction of the environment (BP Gulf disaster) .. illegal alien posing as President of the United States ... on and on it goes ... and nothing seems to raise the ire of the cowering, spineless public.

But everyone has a breaking point .... and I dare say that we aren't too far off of that point today .... we already see some positive signs around the world ... Iceland telling the banking cartel NO, we aren't paying .... Greece and the massive protests .... France labor strikes ....

But the heart of this beast ... the long standing center ... the Anglo-American-British cabal who direct all of this is where the resistance needs to come from. And it cannot be, nor does it need to be a violent resistance ... it just needs to be a consolidated front .... a massive "walk out".

This is where the monetary system comes into play, and their plans for a world financial system which MUST BE REJECTED at all costs. A return to local economies ... bartering for services and goods ... and maybe even a new ... interim non-federal currency at the state level until the federal treasury can be taken back from the crooks now in charge of it.

Wall Street .. gone, IRS done, Big Corporate control rejected ... tar and feathers for the stuffed suit politicos on capitol hill and the White House ... a huge SHOUT DOWN of the complicit mainstream news media ... this engine doesn't need an oil change or a tune up ... it needs a total strip down and a complete rebuild.

Consequences must be felt by those in the midst of the corruption before any positive change can be realized. It's time to stop pretending ... and time to take action.

Old 09-30-2010, 07:53 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,602,901 times
Quote:
They know not what they are doing or who they work for. Their side was always ripe for the picking. When your motivation is racism, zenophobia, homophobia, selfishness, self pity, religious superiority, etc. all it takes is a few dog whistles to get things moving.

Facts dont matter the truth dont matter, they and Obama work for the same corporate masters but ol Barack makes a helluva strawman.

Obama's election was apart of the plan. These knuckle draggers are motivated and galvanized, funny thing is they are no where near being the majority but corporate owned media will tell you just the opposite.

The ruling class has returned and they have this won.
Been voting the lesser of two evils for decades. I wish Tea Party would do the same, we could make Republican Party extinct then, Dems would split into Liberal and Progressive and we could easily kick out the Blue (corporate) Dogs then, and Green Party could be a viable 3rd Party

Old 09-30-2010, 07:59 AM

15,199 posts, read 8,732,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm going through my mind, I can't translate CFR.
Help a guy out.
Council on Foreign Relations (CRF) .... part of the elitist command and control structure which includes the "Trilateral Commission" (TC) ... the "Bilderberg Group".

You have to see this as the global mafia that it is .... you've got the heads who are never seen or heard about (Rothschilds, and others who own the financial systems) ... then you have the territory bosses (Bilderbergers) who issue the marching orders given to them ... you have the captains CFR-TC who implement those orders.

Take a close look at any of the so called political "leaders" almost without exception, they are either members of the CFR or TC, or both. IF they are members, they are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Old 09-30-2010, 08:06 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,823,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Been voting the lesser of two evils for decades. I wish Tea Party would do the same, we could make Republican Party extinct then, Dems would split into Liberal and Progressive and we could easily kick out the Blue (corporate) Dogs then, and Green Party could be a viable 3rd Party

Say bye bye to individualism.
The collective social network, does not allow anyone to be a free thinking individual. The party of choice or the party of I know better how to do it than you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies