Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 12:54 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,179,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I read the article and I remember when it happened. What he did was pathetic but I don't think it's a fair to say that if you put a man on child support he is going to kill your child.

Now to Theone:
In Florida the only way you would be paying 1K in child support is if you had more than one child or if you netted more than 5K. How is determined in NY?
Natalay, that would be assuming that he's not in arrears.

Then again, in New York, the maximum garnishment is:

Quote:
The maximum amount recoverable is ten percent (10%) of gross income, or the federal maximum, whichever is less.

If the debtor is subject to garnishment for alimony, support or maintenance, the combined garnishments cannot exceed twenty-five percent (25%) of disposable earnings.
I fail to see how financially supporting a child is a bad thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2009, 12:57 PM

20 posts, read 22,940 times
it's by your gross it's 17% plus which is actually higher because we can't claim the kids on our taxes and by the way i have one little boy. And plus it doesn't matter who you date or marry they can cheat take you for alimony and take the kids and get child support because they just didn't want to be with you. Honestly not ok that was the whole point. my rant was to show the problems behind child support system and how unfair it really is.

NOT OK

1. To cheat and make money off the marriage ex) taking the kids and collecting child support and alimony. Unfaithful mates which now had gone to women doing it more, should not make money off their infidlity.

2. They shouldn't be aloud to take away someone way of living period, Because the other parent takes the kids out of spite.

3. The man has bills also that will effect how he can take care of his children that's never taken into consideration.

4. If i made 7/hr the why would you only make me pay $25 a month does that make sense. versus 1000 50% of check. honsetly does it cost 1000 month to pay for a child especially when they are older not at all.

5. Daycare/INsurance should be responsibility of the SOLE custodial Parent Why? It's because she has SOLE responsibility over a child. Don't accept responsibility for something and expect to get handouts period. An exaple You buy a car you a loan you pay but they don't pay your maitenance cost so you have to pay that and the loan. You have the car it's your responsibility they just helped you get the car.

6. Child support can't be claimed on taxes there for not only does she get a nice check during tax time along with childsupport so we technically pay twice.

7. Not saying we shouldn't help but it should not put us in a situation to lose everything we have. And if you can't handle it then custody should be split 50/50 of what the person that has custody with the lowest wages. Therefore make the custodial parent A) get a better job or B) get another job like she should to pay for her child like the rest of us have to do when they take child support from us just to make ends meet.

8. Child support should be taken from net not gross why? because when the government takes 1000 out already from someone making around 35K a year and they will probably only see maybe a thousand but then could take it because of childsupport.

9. governments shouldn't be aloud to take 2% off the top of child support because they are making money off of the child and the father.

10. Also a woman shouldn't be aloud to file multiple cases in seperate states this does happen and there is a father now paying 2 states different child supports and was able to stop a third.

PLEASE!!!! let me know when you get this because i can go all day about how screwed up the system is. And how woomen are takin advantage of it. There needs to be a system to safe uard the father from hardship especially if he's remarried or has more kids because child support still goes to the child from the EX and doesn't get reduced. Again change the system.

It Takes every man that pays like he is supposed to and stand up and fight to get this changed because when a man makes enough to take care of him and his chil but then is reduced to nothing paying the mother what he had to take care of the child plus more and then paying more when he get's his visitation is. How is he supposed to take care of his child when they are together?

You focused to much on what was done to me as an example of what's wrong. I'm not looking for sympathy sorry don't need it i'm still making it but unfortunately to do so causes me not to enjoy my time with my son because i have to work more.

Basically child suffers because he has a depressed parent who has to work all the time and eventually the child starts to resent the father because he has to work more to feed and clothe his son.

LOOK AT THE WHOLE PICTURE NOT A PIECE!!!!!

Old 09-23-2009, 12:58 PM

1,147 posts, read 1,900,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I read the article and I remember when it happened. What he did was pathetic but I don't think it's a fair to say that if you put a man on child support he is going to kill your child.

Now to Theone:
In Florida the only way you would be paying 1K in child support is if you had more than one child or if you netted more than 5K. How is determined in NY?

In NY they take 17% of your gross but then can add "add-on" such as childcare, sports, insurance or anything else they the judge/magistrate deems be added.

The add-on can be equal too or more then the CS in some cases (not many, but some).

Old 09-23-2009, 01:07 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,388,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIOC View Post
In NY they take 17% of your gross but then can add "add-on" such as childcare, sports, insurance or anything else they the judge/magistrate deems be added.

The add-on can be equal too or more then the CS in some cases (not many, but some).
So if he's giving her 1K a month...I wonder how much he makes if he's only netting 2K wow this takes me back to grade school math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
I fail to see how financially supporting a child is a bad thing.
It's only bad if you have a chld from someone who uses the money on themselves rather than the child

OR

if you have no interest in supporting the child regardless of who has custody.

Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 PM

Rita it's 17% gross then every 2 years it goes up from there and for other expenses such as daycare/ insurance right now i'm expected to pay 64% of that along with the 17% of child support already being taken from my check. I was fine paying 17% i could take care of my child plus take care of my other responsibilites like my car note my insurance for health and car plus my rent for my place cable/internet phone bill. ect... now i'll be under the bus 1000 a month = 250 a week how can i put gas in my car maintain myself, i don't work at mcdonalds so yes dress code is enforced. food is not cheap. really you women are not seeing the big picture no man wouldn't support his child unless she's a cheater and he doesn't believe the child is his.

Now i have a case that says support system is unconstitutional, deemed in Georgia. and reforms are taking place there.
Georgia judge declares child support guidelines unconstitutional
that link says it all and also explains why that crazy man would kill his child.

I"m not saying it right to kill a woman to avoid child support i just see how he could have snapped!

Old 09-23-2009, 01:22 PM

I make less than 3K a month

Old 09-23-2009, 01:26 PM

oh and also claim 9 on my taxes to net 2K a month

Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 PM

with out claiming 9 on my taxes i'd be around 600 every 2 weeks after taxes and support

Old 09-25-2009, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,107 times
Cool What ever

i just cant believe how many DEADBEAT mothers their are out there.i am a mother myself but i tell u what i would never just sit on my ??? and expect my lil boys daddy to pay for everything and thats what ALOT of these girls expect.yes i said girls cuz if they were the women they claim to be they would do their part just as well.they have alot of deadbeat dads out there some dont want to pay at all and that is wrong. but they also have the ones like my husband that pays gracefully and the ????? still isnt satisfied.its call pay back she angry cuz he isnt with her anymore and the only way for her to get back at him is through his kids (meaning the money)cuz thats all she wants. the thing is she was working when they were 2gether so what the hell is wrong with her now its called lazy. maybe if she would do something with herself she would lose some of that weight and she could find her a man and get over MINE. ladies grow up stop trying to act like mother of the year and give THE GOOD MEN some credit.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,388,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arthuraysgal View Post
i just cant believe how many DEADBEAT mothers their are out there.i am a mother myself but i tell u what i would never just sit on my ??? and expect my lil boys daddy to pay for everything and thats what ALOT of these girls expect.yes i said girls cuz if they were the women they claim to be they would do their part just as well.they have alot of deadbeat dads out there some dont want to pay at all and that is wrong. but they also have the ones like my husband that pays gracefully and the ????? still isnt satisfied.its call pay back she angry cuz he isnt with her anymore and the only way for her to get back at him is through his kids (meaning the money)cuz thats all she wants. the thing is she was working when they were 2gether so what the hell is wrong with her now its called lazy. maybe if she would do something with herself she would lose some of that weight and she could find her a man and get over MINE. ladies grow up stop trying to act like mother of the year and give THE GOOD MEN some credit.
so which male member are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies