Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 01:45 PM

33,547 posts, read 37,145,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Can you agree that a great many fossils have been falsified and or embellished upon ,we can talk .
Fact of the matter it is people that are willing to speculate rather then actually lay out the only facts they have actually found them, make their speculation far less believable.
Those that believe in God, are not resting on second hand hypothesis, ( well some are ,but not all ).
There are real events that take place in a persons life, when he changes his mind.
I have both experienced healing, and been instrumental in praying for the healing of others successfully , only God can perform these things .
Because you choose not to believe me, does not alter the truth I know for a fact.
Taking the word of a scientist that is trying to justify the expense of his education , takes a lot of faith indeed.
Have you dug up the fossils ?
Have you disproven their theories ?
To claim their validity you would have to have personal experience to KNOW if he is speculating or telling you the truth.
I have personal experience in disproving what a miracle is, or coincidence , dad never took these things for granted neither do I.
I have nothing to gain personally ,by convincing some one except that it might better their life , where as the fostering of the negative brings no hope at all.
If demolition is all your after your on the right track.
No I don't agree that many fossils have been falsified...There is only one hoax that I know of, and that was not done by science, rather it was exposed by science....Yes, I have dug up many fossils, even here on my island....Your feelings of what the truth is do not make them facts.......Unless you can produce evidence in the affirmative for creation, I have no interest in a discussion with you...

Quote:
If demolition is all your after your on the right track
....It is not I that argues by demolition of facts, it is all you creationists ever do...I have asked repeatedly for evidence of creation, but so far nothing. If you have none, at least have the integrity to say so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2013, 01:48 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Can you agree that a great many fossils have been falsified and or embellished upon ,we can talk .
No. A "great many" have not "been falsified and or embellished upon." And none have been falsified by scientists. If we wish to be comprehensive here, the list of "fake fossils" that have been promoted by Bible believing creationists is at least an order of magnitude longer than the "evolutionist" list. I am thinking of course about the Paluxy footprint and almost all of the displays in the Creation Evidence Museum of Texas.

Of course, the real difference remains that when science identifies a fake, it disavows it. When creationists identify a fake, they build a museum.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Wrong again. Wallace was not a Christian.
I meant the pseudo science of "intelligent design", not Wallace.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:49 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Actually I keep encouraging you creationists to present your evidence, but you keep failing to do so.
To grab a play from your book .... theories, wherher scientific or theological cannot be proven, but only disproven. Therefore it is a complete fraud to demand that which is impossible to do.

So where is YOUR evidence disproving either creation or intelligent design?

Given the fact that your evolutionists crowd insists that evolution doesn't even attempt to answer, or even speculate about the origin of life, how then can you make any claims at all? If you don't even fashion a guess, or hypothesis about how life came into existence, how then can you insist on how it didn't?

The answer is obvious ... you can't, legitimately .... but legitimacy is not much of a hurdle for the Church of Darwinian Latter Day deniers.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The question is about brain capacity, which far exceeds what we need to survive, and even the smartest of men could utilize the brain much more in terms of intellect.
There is no evidence whatsoever that the human brain "far exceeds what we need to survive." And of course, we have no problem recognizing that the vast majority of human beings with congenital retardation of any significant level cannot survive without the help of others.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Wrong. The KJV New Testament was translated from Greek, the Old Testament was translated from Hebrew text, and only part of the Apocrypha was translated from Latin (most from Greek).
I stand corrected. Thank you for that.

Old 11-19-2013, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
To grab a play from your book .... theories, wherher scientific or theological cannot be proven, but only disproven. Therefore it is a complete fraud to demand that which is impossible to do.
A scientific theory is nothing like a theological theory. To even consider them in the same sentence is to deliberate invite equivocation. The primary difference is this:

For a theory to be scientific, it must be capable of disproof (Popper called this "falsifiability"). If a theory is not falsifiable, it is not scientific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas
So where is YOUR evidence disproving either creation or intelligent design?
Intelligent design is not a falsifiable theory. So it does not warrant scientific consideration in the first place. This of course renders your question moot.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:02 PM

You really are becoming confused aren't you? I was asking for evidence of creation, not proof, and I will examine even the tiniest shard you can give me.... You know as well as I do that there are museums stuffed full of evidence for evolution...You and I use technology derived from evolution every day.

Quote:
So where is YOUR evidence disproving either creation or intelligent design
I have no more interest in wasting my time disproving the faeries in my garden, than disproving the myths you believe in.

Old 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You really are becoming confused aren't you? I was asking for evidence of creation, not proof, and I will examine even the tiniest shard you can give me.... You know as well as I do that there are museums stuffed full of evidence for evolution...You and I use technology derived from evolution every day.

I'll see your Smithsonian and raise you this:

Creation Museum - Creation, Evolution, Science, Dinosaurs, Family, Christian Worldview | Creation Museum

Old 11-19-2013, 02:20 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Hmm, King James version?
Modern language version?
Catholic version?
Jehovah's Witness version?

The bible is what it is. A book written by men for men based on Christian belief.

Is there something else out there? A spiritual realm? I firmly believe so, but I have no proof. It doesn't mean I believe in heaven and hell and one God who puts down rules like stoning women to death or not dancing or no meat on Fridays.
Actually, you are incorrect. The Bible was not written "based on Christian belief" Nor was it "written by men. Though men penned the words, we are told "All Scripture is God breathed." Men wrote as the Holy Spirt led them.

The Apostles were Jews. These early believers called themselves "The Way." They were first called Christians at Antioch. What they believed and what is recorded in the New Testament, they received from Jesus Christ, much of it by revelation.
Paul wrote in Galatians:
"I want you to know, brothers, that the Gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

"For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensly I persecuted the church of God, and tried to destroy it. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many Jews of my own age and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his Grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia, and later returned to Damascus.

"Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get aquainted with Peter and stayed with him fifteen days. I saw none of the other apostles—only James the Lord's brother. I asure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie." Galatians 1: 11-20 (NIV)

The Jehovahs Witnesses have written their own Bible, because their founder, Charles Taze Russel, a disgruntled former Baptist, was dissatisfied with the Bible as written. He rewrote the Bible as he believed it should be. Their Bible contains many translation errors and even some omissions. Jehovahs Witnesses are not Christians. They do not believe in the diety of Christ, nor do they believe in the three persons of the Godhead (the Trinity), which the Scriptures make plain (but that is one of the problems that Russel had with the Bible).

The Protestant Bible does not contain certain books which the Protestants did not believe were in the Cannon of Scripture; i.e., inspired Scripture.

Other version are simply for the purpose of translating the texts into modern language, for the purpose of making it more readable, but the essential meaning is not changed (supposedly). The translation that has been said to be the most accurate translation into English is the New International Version (NIV), which is said to most accurately reflect the meaning of the Greek manuscripts. It is very readable, as well

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 11-19-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies