Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How do you react to heterosexuals who are anti-homosexual?
I usually agree with them 25 19.08%
I usually disagree with them 88 67.18%
I'm neutral on the subject 18 13.74%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 01:08 AM

4,576 posts, read 9,162,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Wow..............if the majority of whites in America felt the way you do............you would be a slave right now instead of a free man with egual rights.

The black man would have never attained freedom or equal rights without conpassion and help from the white man.

Selfish much?
Uh I would guess the majoritY of whites do feel the way I do. As do most people. No one cares about oppression until someones down their neck, otherwise it is marginal to them. Why do you think a the race of native americans cease to exist? Why do you think 6 million jews vanished? You think hitler(who was elected by popular vote) waved a magic wand, or got some help from willing "folk"? How many people accross europe saw what happened to the jews and said "meh oh well"? Humans are cruel, thats the way it is.

And blacks would not have attained freedom had it not been for the compassion of WHITE LAWYERS in congress , not white laymen. Huge difference. And considering all the lawsuits, my guess would be gays are pretty well lawyered up. So again, I just don't think there is anything to fuss about. I have no sympathy, sorry. Life is cruel, accept and move on.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Considering his statement, I just see it as reminding him that minorities cannot obtain equality on their own and he should know that. My statement is a historical fact........... nothing more, nothing less.
Uh the question is not about equality, its about gay bashing, which is actually protected as a first amendment right. Sorry you feel my being a minority some how has some sort bearing on ones constitutional right to freedom of speech, but it does not. Gays dont need any help. No one is telling them they dont have constitutional rights, like other minorities had to deal with.They can vote, go to school, use the bathroom, etc.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:18 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
Uh the question is not about equality, its about gay bashing, which is actually protected as a first amendment right. Sorry you feel my being a minority some how has some sort bearing on ones constitutional right to freedom of speech, but it does not. Gays dont need any help. No one is telling them they dont have constitutional rights, like other minorities had to deal with.They can vote, go to school, use the bathroom, etc.
Gay bashing isn't a protected first amendment right. It's not a license to abuse people. Too bad you didn't earn your freedom like women did. You might appreciate what you've got.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Gay bashing isn't a protected first amendment right. It's not a license to abuse people. Too bad you didn't earn your freedom like women did. You might appreciate what you've got.
Sure it is, you can bash gays all you want, so long as you do not assault anyone or incite a riot or something, you can bash away. Part of my freedom and others is the right to bash who they choose(not that I take part in this). This is not some nazi society where you get to tell people what they can and can not bash, its free country.

First you tell what I cant bash, next youll be telling me what I can eat, and what I can practice for religion, I mean where does this all end?????

Old 10-05-2010, 02:14 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,784,939 times
Here's a giant hint. Your rights end where mine begin.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:29 AM

75 posts, read 274,864 times
NorCal Dude, what is wrong with you? Do you really want to live in a society where everybody just worries about their own stuff? Let alone homosexuals, this would be a huge blow back for blacks, asians, latinos, poor people, women, disabled people.. A society where people can live freely, happily and safely is an equal society, based on compassion and togetherness. And just because people have the right to bash anyone they want this doesn't mean that it is okay. It hurts people, and when people are hurt the usual reaction coming from a human being is to stop the person who is hurting them and not telling the victims "Come on, stop whining, i'm sick of it, and now go stand up for your rights, but don't expect anybody to help you, because nobody will me."

And what is it with all that black vs gay crap? Depending on the source 3-10% of people are gay, whites, black, asians, lations.. in Baghdad the same percentage of people are gay as in Amsterdam. In some countries/cities/regions/communities being gay is more accepted and more people dare to come out of the closet than in others, that's the only difference. The gay community is just as much a black movement as it is a white, asian, latino, native american... one.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I understand that conversations about sexuality can provoke strong reactions, but I can't understand why some people are so strongly anti-gay that they need to make negative comments whenever the subject comes up. I can't see anything good about being anti-gay.
I guess your question is kind of vague.

Someone can be against the homosexual political agenda and still not be obsessed with homosexuals they know and see.

I would wonder about people who constantly bash gays or who can't get their minds off them but that is different from believing they should get married or have civil unions or from not wanting to change the definition of marriage.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:29 AM

4,379 posts, read 5,384,844 times
Quote:
Not really. Is there some sort of natural or written law that says blacks should like every one or support everyone, or love anyone. Why should be blacks be held to some sort of higher standard of exception, whilst everyone else does not have to do this ?

I have seen enough gays, say enough racist and hateful things to know they are like everyone else. And in that sense, they get no special treatment from me, nor do I feel they deserve any.

I don't recall armies of white middle class gays uniting with blacks as they got sprayed with fire hoses and had dogs set on them, much less any openly gay leaders express any concern.

why does the gay community(which in the US is largely white)expect blacks to give something back as if the gay community has given them anything???

You want your own rights, go fight for em, don't come a knockin on my door asking me to vote for this or that, or asking for my support and help, because I will give nothing.
So if there is another Rodney King-esque event, black people shouldn't complain.

Sorry, but if one wishes for tolerance, they should generally bestow tolerance. It's hypocritical not to.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
I dont consider gay bashing a major sociopolitical issue sorry. There is something called the 1st amendment. Have you not heard of the KKK???La Raza?

I'm sorry but to me socio political issues are things like illegal immigration. Gay bashing is just that, gay bashing. It does nothing, unless words make you cry. And most people who do this, can risk losing their jobs, getting in trouble at school, etc. I'm just not into this koombaya stuff. The worlds a nasty place, and if you can't accept that, to quote you, "you are either willfully blind, or blissfully ignorant"
Hmm.. pardon me for expressing the positive in human nature. If the world is all nasty, then we should have no laws against murder, rape, assault, etc.

Old 10-05-2010, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Sure it is, you can bash gays all you want, so long as you do not assault anyone or incite a riot or something, you can bash away. Part of my freedom and others is the right to bash who they choose(not that I take part in this). This is not some nazi society where you get to tell people what they can and can not bash, its free country.

First you tell what I cant bash, next youll be telling me what I can eat, and what I can practice for religion, I mean where does this all end?????

lol.. you're a dick and a total hypocrite. Are you on drugs or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies