Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 01:36 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times

Advertisements

No matter who is to blame, or not to blame, is not the question, at a time like this, if you are a compassionate person, you are very happy at this time, can you imagine what these poor men have been thru, could any of you have lasted that long and under those same condtions. I am very happy for the 5 that have come up to safety, and hope the same for the others, and i am thrilled and elated for the family members also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 01:42 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Let's see: CNN. Abc, CBS, fox, BBC, ap, and et al have spent MILLONS of dollars, covering this "story." those millions of dollars could have saved how many mortgages? Put how much food on the table? Isn't that what you liberals whine about? Money spent for stupid things? The issue is saving the men, Not having 24 hr, million dollar coverage on it.

As I said: What a waste of money. That money would have been better off running stories on homeless in America, americans without jobs, etc. Not spent in Chile.
Those "millions of dollars" were not there or available to save anyones mortgage or put food on anyones table. They were only there because people wanted to cover this story. That's what so many people can't seem to grasp when it comes to other peoples money....it was not theirs to spend and never would have been.

Old 10-13-2010, 02:58 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306
What a waste of time! Ok, they were trapped and now rescued. And? The sun is going to rise tomorrow, the tide is going to come in and out, and THOUSANDS of people, all across the world will die. CNN, nor anyone else will give a rats butt about them and have a front page story about it.

And the age of Obama continues.
Sounds like the ranting drivel of a Republican to me, Bah Humbug! Lets add the Chilean miners rescue to your rightwing list of things to hate..

Old 10-13-2010, 06:09 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
Leave it to them to turn every ****ing news piece into an Obama rant. Can't just be happy about some good being done on the planet.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:12 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,589,536 times
I am so happy to see the rescue taking place and those miners coming out to be with their families and friends!!!

Old 10-13-2010, 06:27 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,351,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I am so happy to see the rescue taking place and those miners coming out to be with their families and friends!!!

I agree. I think it's wonderful that they were finally rescued. Can't we just shelve the negativity and be happy for them?

Old 10-13-2010, 06:33 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,490,386 times
To answer a question I asked earlier in the thread--'How were they able to reduce the estimated time for the rescue?'

This is what I learned from CNN--
An engineering company, whose spokesperson seemed to be in TX, came up with 'Plan B'. Many people were expertise then involved in implementing the plan, including a group of US drillers from Afghanistan. This is considered an exceptional accomplishment, if not the most significant, among engineers.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:29 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
I was watching this while getting ready for work this morning. One of the miners made a gesture to the sky and said "God is great" and I was annoyed that the anchorwoman on our local station chimed right in and said "Oh, it's good to see him giving thanks where it's due". Say what? No gods got those guys out of that hole. Rescuers working hard for 69 days got those guys out. Not only that it's annoying that an anchorperson would show religious bias when they're simply supposed to be reporting the news.

Old 10-13-2010, 07:37 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
Good to see their finally getting out

Old 10-13-2010, 07:39 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,130 times
When I saw some of these miners..my first thought was..boy they look so clean and clean shaven for being down there for the past 69 days..they must have supplied them with soap, shaving creme, mirrors, water and clean outfits...amazing..but yet they only had a spoonful of tuna fish at each meal...wow just thought it was a little strange...unless maybe I was not seeing the actual rescued miners on TV..maybe they were the rescuers...after all after 70 days..they would have looked like cavemen all dirty and scuzzy...anyway...great news for all concerned...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies