Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 05:05 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,912,706 times

Advertisements

The acted like the tough, savvy, today-kind-of-gals they purport themselves to be.

They got all emotional and walked out. They probably had to have a nice big before coming back out on stage

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 06:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
O'Reilly spouting idiot comments designed to inflame, is surprising? You do realize he works for FOS "news", right? That type of commentary is a requirement. If he didn't do that, what would he do for a living?

Old 10-15-2010, 06:12 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
O'Reilly spouting idiot comments designed to inflame, is surprising? You do realize he works for FOS "news", right? That type of commentary is a requirement. If he didn't do that, what would he do for a living?
Actually O'Reilly is a pretty smart and media savy guy. He doesn't mind a good row with the gals and if they want to go all crazy and storm off the set that's fine with him. He gets more attention and they look like the spoiled drama queens.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:16 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,744,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
He's pretty damn smart and held his ground. Those fat cows knew he was right and hated him for it.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Bill handled himself rather well!

Notice the applause when they showed the Barney Frank clip?
Joy got Pwned!

Are we talking about yesterday, or the Huff&Puff redirect link in the original post?

If what happened yesterday was the real topic, Bill told no lies, but he didn't tell the whole deal, which is not like him, unless he was setting the bait out for some direction he wanted to go.

I think he left Extremest off of Muslim, for some unknown reason. He has argued not to get extremest muslims and non violent muslims confused with each other.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:38 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,491 times
Joy can hardly disguise her contempt for Bill O'Relly. Even before the argument she was trying to communicate to the audience her disdain for him. And she is about a subtle as earthquake! Even her smile is smug!

Old 10-15-2010, 06:41 AM

17,371 posts, read 14,618,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
How the hell did an erstwhile consummate professional like Babwa Wawa get caught up in this 200-car trainwreck of a show?
It's her show - she created it.

On another note, I was surprised to hear the audience response - which was definitely on the side of O'Reilly and NOT the hosts.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:53 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,479,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Joy can hardly disguise her contempt for Bill O'Relly. Even before the argument she was trying to communicate to the audience her disdain for him. And she is about a subtle as earthquake! Even her smile is smug!
She made a comment last night on her own show, they were comparing O'Reilly and Glenn Beck--she remarked that O'Reilly appears to be more objective, level headed than Glenn Beck but in reality is also a 'Pinhead'. Then the panel bantered about how she neglected to preface the remark with 'alleged'. I took all of this with a grain of salt--another performance however lacking in meeting the goal of entertainment.

For years O'Reilly has earned his keep by being outrageous--'No Spin Zone', etc. I suppose Glenn Beck is worse I don't even try to watch/listen to him.

Pot, meet kettle is about the closest I can come to a comparison.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have seen that thing at least 4 times and all I heard was O'Reilly say that the cry babies couldn't take was that he said the attackers were Muslims. That was where they lost themselves. It was so easy to see that Whoopie just didn't want to hear talk like that so she joined Joy.

I wonder how many atheists we have who were raised as Christians. Something is there in that on an average atheists seem to know more about the Bible than most Christians. Comment on that one please.
That may be--I know many Christians that are well-informed on religion.
I would be skeptical of that piece of data--'On average'.

What that actually has to do with my post, I'm not certain.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
O'Reilly didn't give the performance, Whoopie and Behar did. And I'm sure Joy had more viewers for her own show so she got what she wanted. And they ALL make their living in that manner so on that we can agree.
I still contend that everyone on stage was performing--that is the purpose of the show.

All concerned used the drama to create ratings for their own shows later in the evening. That is how it goes---'What will attract viewers'--perhaps pique the interest of those who post on internet forums.

The 'issue' being discussed didn't matter much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies