Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2010, 11:05 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquest123 View Post
I think it should be restricted. Do we really need people voting that don't understand basic economics?

Do we need people voting for things just because they sound good.

Here is an example: "If you elect me everyone will get blah blah blah"

An ignorant person says YEAH YEAH YEAH lets vote this person in.

A smart person says "How is this going to be paid for"

Picture the dumbest person you know, then picture that person voting on your child's future.

Heck, if you think I'm dumb, picture me voting for your child's future.
I think the vote of the entire Republican constituency should be restricted to 1/50 of the entire electorate. So roughly equal to one of the fifty states. Reason is that a bigoted vote is the most ignorant vote of all on every subject across the board, including this one (economics).

George Bush had already been a collosal failure by the time the 2004 election came around. The economy was in a free fall, record deficits existed, he lied to go to war and was mismanaging the war. He even lied about the progress of the war. He ignored the health care crisis. In fact, his domestic agenda was nonexistent! His policy of deregulation created an environment for great failures economically, failures and hidden surprises that we are grappling with even today. Yet, when told by his idiot administration that Bush should be reelected to "finish the job", Republicans put their tails between their legs, started picking their noses, and voted for him. What fools! This country does not need such clueless idiots participating in elections. Their instincts and judgment are historically very, very BAD!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 11:09 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
What rural red states did you recognize? Hmmm? I am waiting.
doesn't say where they are from.. pointing out how you assumed where they were from... do you want the reporter to really stand on a red farm out in the middle of no where looking for an interview? sounds productive to me

Old 10-16-2010, 11:12 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
...What fools! This country does not need such clueless idiots participating in elections. Their instincts and judgment are historically very, very BAD!
Republicans such as Eisenhower,MacArthur and Patton had a big part in winning WW2. I guess they were useless morons right?

Old 10-16-2010, 11:13 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I dont know about you, but I know that the USA is not supposed to be a democracy, but a republic. it is just that alot of people have forgotten that fact.
Fair point .... I was meaning in terms of representing all people

Old 10-16-2010, 11:14 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
I think it should be restricted. Do we really need people voting that don't understand basic economics?

Do we need people voting for things just because they sound good.

Here is an example: "If you elect me everyone will get blah blah blah"

An ignorant person says YEAH YEAH YEAH lets vote this person in.

A smart person says "How is this going to be paid for"

Picture the dumbest person you know, then picture that person voting on your child's future.

Heck, if you think I'm dumb, picture me voting for your child's future.
No.

However, accepting for a moment that we were to have a restriction, how would we go about determining an individual's qualifications for voting?

Old 10-16-2010, 11:14 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
doesn't say where they are from.. pointing out how you assumed where they were from... do you want the reporter to really stand on a red farm out in the middle of no where looking for an interview? sounds productive to me
If you did not see the Times Square area in that story you are hopeless. In one clip the White House can be clearly seen and in another clip a huge blue Dallas Cowboy's star on the side of its stadium can be seen.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:15 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
BTW, it should be clear that the group who did this are comedians, in similar vein as Jon Stewart ....

they have many times taken the ***** out of Australians, and famously dressed up as Bin Laden at the APEC Summit in Sydney and got pass security...

Old 10-16-2010, 11:16 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
No.

However, accepting for a moment that we were to have a restriction, how would we go about determining an individual's qualifications for voting?
Please don't ruin this thread with logic and common sense.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:17 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,848,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
If you did not see the Times Square area in that story you are hopeless. In one clip the White House can be clearly seen and in another clip a huge blue Dallas Cowboy's star on the side of its stadium can be seen.
I also see an empy field in the backround of another interview, and I guess a southern accentautomatically means conservative since everyone in times square is a liberal.... no tourist in times square at all

Old 10-16-2010, 11:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
The constitution is wonderful, but sometime people give it to much weight. Is the constitution God? Is the constitution perfect?
If given a situation where I had to choose, I'd choose the solution that was consistent with the Constitution. It is a powerful document and it is the foundation of our nation and its governance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies