Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:16 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
The fact that they actually believe he is talking down to them is why they are so stupid. I haven't for one second ever felt he was talking down to anyone.
Nailed it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 11:25 AM

888 posts, read 1,186,665 times
I heard a black business man I know, commented once, that SOME white Americans, do NOT like to see successful and/or powerful black men and women.
That it hurts their image of racial superiority and entitlement?

Some of the posting that I've read here on the C-D forum, makes me wonder, if he wasn't too far off the mark?

Steve

Old 10-18-2010, 11:41 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
The brilliance of the Right can be summarized by "Ein Volk, ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer" only they use “One God, One People One Country” and “Christian America is the Only America.”

Old 10-18-2010, 11:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Double Post - Text deleted -

Old 10-18-2010, 01:26 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,137,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrover View Post
The article that was linked to this thread has a very good explanation at the bottom that pretty well sums up the attitude of this elistest president, "He is like the child who covers his ears, closes his eyes, and chants “I CAN’T HEAR YOU… I CAN’T HEAR YOU!!” He has made a "career" out of ignoring anyone who disagrees with him. He refuses to even listen to members of his own party when they try to tell him that an objective or opinion will not be well-recieved by the majority of American and when a Republican/conservative says anything it is immediately dismissed as totally without merit, before he even knows what's been said. He has a very imperious attitude that only his own thoughts, beliefs, utterances and opinions have any validity at all which to my mind seems to fly in the face of the idea that a president should "preside" over all Americans, not just the ones who agree with him.
The BIASED article would of course offer a "very good explanation" since it has already chosen that point of view.

Please note how personal the attack is on President Obama. All kinds of accusations are being leveled against him but none are being substantiated. I'd love to see a video that proves he is condescending or childish. And I LOVE the fact that the President isn't just doing the bidding of the Democratic party and is actively ignoring some of their opinions. That shows me the guy is thinking independently. Who would have guessed that Obama is a better rogue than Palin?! The man is sticking to his guns which is precisely what Bush did when he ignored popular sentiment against his wars. Conservatives are so blinded by their hatred for Obama that they don't see the similarities he shares with Bush. It's just that Obama is sticking to his guns on issues that conservatives loathe. Same character trait, different trajectory.

I like Obama's rhetoric, not his actions. He could be a better leader, but then ALL former Presidents could have been better. I don't like the broken promises on the war or on Gitmo or DADT, but I'm not going to go down the destructive road the conservatives are and resort to manufacturing inflammatory lies to get my way. I'm not at war with my country or my fellow citizens, I'm at war with the direction my country is taking and I'm smart enough to recognize the wrong approach when I see it.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:31 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Proclamation: OBama is smarter than the right! lol. Wow. Talk about broad generalizations and ignorance!
What a naive, simpllistic, and baseless statement.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:35 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
I heard a black business man I know, commented once, that SOME white Americans, do NOT like to see successful and/or powerful black men and women.
That it hurts their image of racial superiority and entitlement?

Some of the posting that I've read here on the C-D forum, makes me wonder, if he wasn't too far off the mark?

Steve

Race card in 12 posts, not bad, 6 months ago it would have been the third or fourth post.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Race card in 12 posts, not bad, 6 months ago it would have been the third or fourth post.

Grasping for straws per usual. Gotta come up with a put down is pretty status quo for some who refuse to see.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:12 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,812,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
That feeling of condescension that the right feels Obama is giving them is due to the fact that he is indeed smarter
than they are. The fact that they actually believe he is talking down to them is why they are so stupid.
Do you really think Obama is smarter than, say, CEO of Home Depot?

Last edited by Kirdik; 10-18-2010 at 02:23 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Do really think Obama is smarter than, say, CEO of Home Depot?
Obama is smarter than ALL of those on the right.
Get with the program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies