Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 07:28 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,842,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The FBI has arrested a former senior NASA space scientist who worked in the George H.W. Bush White House space office for attempted espionage for Israel, the Justice Department announced today.
October 19, 2009
Maryland scientist arrested for attempted espionage for Israel - Laura Rozen - POLITICO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
I've been covering Israel's espionage agencies for almost 20 years, and suddenly this morning there was a blast from the past – an arrest in what FBI personnel for years had called "the hunt for Agent X." American investigators refused to believe Israel's official contention that the Jonathan Pollard affair – running an agent with U.S. Naval Intelligence, who delivered thousands of secret documents to the Israelis – was an isolated incident.
April 22, 2008 4:37 PM
Breaking The "Unwritten Rule" In Israeli Espionage - Couric & Co. - CBS News

Old 10-18-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Israel’s undercover operations here, including missions to steal U.S. secrets, are hardly a secret at the FBI, CIA and other U.S. intelligence agencies. From time to time, in fact, the FBI has called Israeli officials on the carpet to complain about a particularly brazen effort to collect classified or other sensitive information, in particular U.S. technical and industrial secrets.

The most notorious operation employed Jonathan Pollard, the naval intelligence analyst convicted in 1987 and sentenced to life in prison for stealing tens of thousands of classified documents for Israel.
September 2, 2010; 1:58 PM ET
SpyTalk - Israeli spies wooing U.S. Muslims, sources say

Old 10-18-2010, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
You also posted material from anti-Semitic websites. Either accept that and apologize or admit it and state you agree with their beliefs. Because you can't do so and escape responsibility. Referring to Jews as Larry "The Jew" Silverstein is anti-Semitic hate mongering.

The Israelis aren't saints. No one has argued to the contrary in this thread. You're being accused of anti-Semitism not because you posted arguments against Israeli actions but because you posted anti-Semitic material. You continue to refuse to admit that it was anti-Semitic. You're the perfect illustration that most critics of Israel are indeed often completely indistinguishable from your average garden variety loathsome Jew hater.
But what do you think about Israel spying on America, even after we send them all that money?

Old 10-18-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
I think that its bad and they shouldn't do it. Israel is far from perfect and has corrupt elements, like every country on this planet. You complaining about the amount of money we send them is a legitimate topic to be discussing.

In regards to that particular video you posted blaming Jews for 9-11, I'm not against you posting it. I'm against you cowering when confronted about its anti-Semitism afterwards. Why don't you just admit either you or the video (or both) are anti-Semitic? Nobody really gives a rats carcass if you are.

It's America. You're free to believe and post what you like, but fakers annoy me.

I never, nor any video, blamed the Jews for 9/11. However, there are accounts of Israelis celebrating as they watched the twin towers collapse. That is in the video of question, nothing else.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:30 PM

915 posts, read 1,191,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Who is "We?"

Did I ever accuse Israel of perpetrating 9/11? I only showed news and reports of Israel spying and celebrating during the destruction of the twin towers. I find it curious that you make this link.

I don't like any country spying on the US! Why should I feel any differently about Israel?

You seem to be singling out one small country for doing what everyone else does as well. Where is your outrage over Chinese spies in America?
Countries gather intelligence but not all for malicious purposes.
I once met a former CIA employee who told me of a time he was in Israel, traveled to the Syrian border to gather intelligence about Israeli activities at that spot. His partner engaged the border guards in conversation while he counted how many soldiers, tanks, etc they had there. And then they left.
He was there solely to gather this type of intelligence. Why? Who knows and really who cares because the information gathered was not used in preparations in invade Israel.
We spy on our allies. Big deal...

Old 10-18-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsm113 View Post
You seem to be singling out one small country for doing what everyone else does as well. Where is your outrage over Chinese spies in America?
Countries gather intelligence but not all for malicious purposes.
I once met a former CIA employee who told me of a time he was in Israel, traveled to the Syrian border to gather intelligence about Israeli activities at that spot. His partner engaged the border guards in conversation while he counted how many soldiers, tanks, etc they had there. And then they left.
He was there solely to gather this type of intelligence. Why? Who knows and really who cares because the information gathered was not used in preparations in invade Israel.
We spy on our allies. Big deal...
Please refer to posts #37, 38, and 39 of this thread.

In your opinion, we should allow Israel to spy on our intelligence and technology?

Old 10-18-2010, 08:37 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,802,046 times
Quote:
I never, nor any video, blamed the Jews for 9/11. However, there are accounts of Israelis celebrating as they watched the twin towers collapse. That is in the video of question, nothing else.
Watch the video again.

They say Jew all the time and also "Did Jews know about 9/11 in advance?"

If you don't blame Jews for 9/11 (which that video clearly does) you need to rethink posting that video.

Thanks.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:39 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
Quote:
Israel has spies in the US.

There is no indication the Israelis were involved in the Sept. 11 attacks, but investigators suspect that they may have gathered intelligence about the attacks in advance and not shared it.

There is also the very REAL possibility that someone shared it (perhaps in a "leak") and it was DELIBERATELY ignored.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
Watch the video again.

They say Jew all the time and also "Did Jews know about 9/11 in advance?"

If you don't blame Jews for 9/11 (which that video clearly does) you need to rethink posting that video.

Thanks.
So your argument is that it somehow invalidates the culpability of Israel because the word "Jew" is used?

Got ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies