U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:27 AM
 
14,917 posts, read 11,414,753 times
Reputation: 4828

Advertisements

"The front-page newspaper story featured a list of Uganda's 100 "top" homosexuals, with a bright yellow banner across it that read: "Hang Them." Alongside their photos were the men's names and addresses.

The article claimed that...gays were recruiting 1 million children by raiding schools, a common smear used in Uganda."

washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/19/AR2010101903438.html - broken link)

Not surprising given Uganda's recent death penalty for homosexuals bill inspired by US Christian evangelicals Scott Lively, Caleb Lee Brundidge, and Don Schmierer.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:38 AM
 
29,986 posts, read 37,945,488 times
Reputation: 12782
Goes right up there with other African nations and their willingness to kill those they accuse of being "witches", even children. The third world of Africa is stuck in the stone age and even nations take on the war mentality of tribes upon their own people.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:41 AM
 
1,299 posts, read 1,938,856 times
Reputation: 532
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
"The front-page newspaper story featured a list of Uganda's 100 "top" homosexuals, with a bright yellow banner across it that read: "Hang Them." Alongside their photos were the men's names and addresses.

The article claimed that...gays were recruiting 1 million children by raiding schools, a common smear used in Uganda."

washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/19/AR2010101903438.html - broken link)

Not surprising given Uganda's recent death penalty for homosexuals bill inspired by US Christian evangelicals Scott Lively, Caleb Lee Brundidge, and Don Schmierer.
but wait, I keep hearing that it is the US that is the horrible country in regards to dealing with Homosexuals. Look at the "homophobic nation" post on here denegrating the US for the DADT policy of our military. Do you mean to tell me that there are places on earth more horrid than the dreaded US. Tell me you jest!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:44 AM
 
6,039 posts, read 9,598,249 times
Reputation: 3951
And people wonder why Africa is still a third-world country.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:46 AM
 
29,986 posts, read 37,945,488 times
Reputation: 12782
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
but wait, I keep hearing that it is the US that is the horrible country in regards to dealing with Homosexuals. Look at the "homophobic nation" post on here denegrating the US for the DADT policy of our military. Do you mean to tell me that there are places on earth more horrid than the dreaded US. Tell me you jest!
This was the OP's attempt to slam Christians and blame them for the ills of homosexuals in African Uganda. An epic FAIL.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:51 AM
 
25,627 posts, read 31,156,184 times
Reputation: 23138
I wonder if the liberal elites think we should have a hands off policy about this problem. Heaven forbid American Imperialists should step in to save some gay African people. Seems like every time a Democrat is President hundreds of thousands of innocent Africans get slaughtered. Isn't that right Billy C.?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:54 AM
 
29,986 posts, read 37,945,488 times
Reputation: 12782
By allowing gays to serve openly in the US military in war zones where Muslims hang homosexuals it seems like a double standard by the OP to condem Uganda while cheering the repeal of DADT in the US armed forces. The inconsistency of gay activists on CD is most confusing.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:57 AM
 
14,917 posts, read 11,414,753 times
Reputation: 4828
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
By allowing gays to serve openly in the US military in war zones where Muslims hang homosexuals it seems like a double standard by the OP to condem Uganda while cheering the repeal of DADT in the US armed forces. The inconsistency of gay activists on CD is most confusing.
Huh? What's the double standard? I'm not following your argument at all. I think Homosexuals should be treated equally everywhere.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 10:59 AM
 
16,546 posts, read 11,743,885 times
Reputation: 4231
Oh the good ole Mother land of Africa. What a wonderful place!
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2010, 11:00 AM
 
21,035 posts, read 19,876,652 times
Reputation: 5931
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
"The front-page newspaper story featured a list of Uganda's 100 "top" homosexuals, with a bright yellow banner across it that read: "Hang Them." Alongside their photos were the men's names and addresses.

The article claimed that...gays were recruiting 1 million children by raiding schools, a common smear used in Uganda."

washingtonpost.com (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/10/19/AR2010101903438.html - broken link)

Not surprising given Uganda's recent death penalty for homosexuals bill inspired by US Christian evangelicals Scott Lively, Caleb Lee Brundidge, and Don Schmierer.
Uganda has Tea Partiers, too !!!!
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top