Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 08:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
And what does that mean? Is it an admission of guilt? Is it verification of what Duane said?

No! His story is still uncorroborated, but that doesn't appear to mean a whole lot to people who are bound and determined to be outraged.

Y'all go ahead and work yourselves into a tizzy. I'll still wait for proof.
How much do you want to bet Duane is already being looked at for his potential as the new Joe the Plumber? Duane the Carpenter... just a humble dad... who stood up to Obama's union thugs....

The Greatest Man in the World, by James Thurber
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 08:25 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,104,809 times
Even the reporter was being deceptive. he said that Hammond was wearing a shirt and hat that said George HW Bush on it; the camera does a close up on said articles of clothing and the both clearly have USS Geroge HW Bush on them both.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:27 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
How much do you want to bet Duane is already being looked at for his potential as the new Joe the Plumber? Duane the Humble Carpenter....
Does that somehow make being fired for wearing clothing expressing pride in his son's military service less wrong?

Old 10-22-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Does that somehow make being fired for wearing clothing expressing pride in his son's military service less wrong?
We don't know exactly why he was fired, though we're being led to believe it was for expressing pride in his son's military service. This was the catalyst... the symptom but not the disease.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
We don't know exactly why he was fired. This was the catalyst... the symptom but not the disease.
Or more accurately given that you say we don't know why he was fired this may have been the catalyst. On the other hand there's at least an equal likelihood events transpired exactly as they've been reported.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Or more accurately given that you say we don't know why he was fired this may have been the catalyst. On the other hand there's at least an equal likelihood events transpired exactly as they've been reported.
"Reported" by Duane.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
"Reported" by Duane.
Reported by KTLA. I suspect had this been some type of infringement of liberal speech you wouldn't be nearly so quick to dismiss it as hearsay.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:38 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,350,246 times
I am still trying to figure out how the "union" fired him.
They might be able to remove someone from a job site, but cannot fire them, since they didn't hire them (or pay them) in the first place.

(the news report didn't say if he was working for the union or a union member working on a job site)

I know my employer can tell me to change it, if they don't like what i'm wearing - and suspend me if I don't and possibly fire me.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,971,624 times
Quote:
We don't know exactly why he was fired, though we're being led to believe it was for expressing pride in his son's military service. This was the catalyst... the symptom but not the disease.
Dang, did you even watch the video?

He was fired because the shirt bore the name "Bush" - that's clearly all that mattered to the union thugs, never mind that it was an image of a naval vessel his son is deployed on.

Old 10-22-2010, 08:41 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,331,463 times
Quote:
We don't know exactly why he was fired. This was the catalyst... the symptom but not the disease.
Do you have the gift of divinity? How can you definitively say this was the symptom and not the disease? You don't know any more than the rest of us, yet you're able to know the circumstances that didn't happen. Simply amazing. You are doing what you accuse everyone else of doing.

If we take this guy at his word that he was fired for his clothing, do you support that action by the union or no? Is it that you find this scenario implausible or you just don't want to publicly admit that unions are essentially thugs for the democratic party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies