Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 10:16 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,698,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Yeah, stuff like that is huge in my city.

The gays especially love Halloween. (Not a slight. It is true.)

Very true and one reason gay men are just amazing! Hang with your gay friends for Halloween so you can have a fun Halloween for once!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 10:19 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Very true and one reason gay men are just amazing! Hang with your gay friends for Halloween so you can have a fun Halloween for once!

Thanks, but I'll just bob for apples.

Old 10-23-2010, 11:56 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
HALLOWEEN HOOPLA II :: illwillpress.com

The lord god Foamy, has spoken!!!

Old 10-24-2010, 01:37 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
How about an adult Halloween party just for adults. We fin that works really really well
Yes, that, too. Some do one or the other and some do both!

Old 10-24-2010, 08:08 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,752,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Forgot how much I LOVE that movie! Gotta head over to Ebay and see if I can get a copy on DVD.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
To play Devil's Advocate, I guess there aren't a lot of kids out roaming the streets on other nights.
And I'd guess that depends on a number of things - what you define as 'kids', what you consider 'a lot' of them and the exact area you're talking about.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
The thread is about Halloween, not other holidays. However, if you would like, yes, too me, they should ALL be banned. Just because YOU have not have any problems, doesn't mean the rest of the world does not. Christmas and Thanksgiving, for me, is just two more day for Uncle Joe to get drunk and accuse Aunt Betty of sleeping with the milkman.

Next thing happens, the Thanksgiving Turkey goes through the front window. 14 250 lb+ persons get into a physical fight and I get thrown in the middle. Happens every single Thanksgiving and every single Christmas.

9 am, Christmas Day, 1998. I get sent to a house for a "family disturbance." There is hubby, holding his sweet, precious, innocent 7 yr old. Oh, forgot to mention, he was holding a knife to the 7 yr olds throat. Why? Mommy had that train pulled on her, 2 weeks ago, at a Christmas Party and daddy just found out.

Knock down drag out fight with daddy, where he tries to take my gun from me, and kill me. Yep, good ole Christmas...

4 hours later, go to a house, where 3 month old died. SIDS. Walk into house, and "Baby's First Christmas" plastered all over the walls. Yeah, good ole Christmas, that family and me will remember that day for the rest of our lives.

By the way, domestic violence rates raise higher on Sunday's, during football games, then any other time. This is includes the Superbowl. However, you are correct. DV DOES go up on holidays; compared to other days.
If those are the only things you remember about being a police officer, it sounds to me like maybe it's time for you to stop being a police officer and go do something else with your life.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
No, we just grew up and outgrew Halloween. It's not normal for adults to dress up and go trick or treating. I don't care what the origin of Halloween is; these days Halloween is just about candy and trick or treating.
Okay, you said in a previous post that you were 13 in 2004. That makes you what, 19 now? Are you saying young folks your age don't have Halloween parties where you are? My husband and I went to several in the first years of our marriage. The first Halloween after we were married, I was six months pregnant, dressed as a pumpkin and he slicked back his hair, added a set of wax teeth and a few drops of fake blood and we attended a friend's party. Another of the guests didn't seem to be wearing a costume - until we realize that the "beautiful girl" sitting with us was actually a guy! My now 36 year old youngest son has an invitation to a Halloween Party next week. The only reason he's not planning to attend is that he's saving for the following week-end to celebrate his 37th birthday.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:51 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
And I'd guess that depends on a number of things - what you define as 'kids', what you consider 'a lot' of them and the exact area you're talking about.
Well, the example was 8 and 10 year old kids, presumably out alone. No info given about the neighborhood.

Old 10-24-2010, 08:52 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
I'm 32, and I don't really do the dressing up thing anymore, but if I'm home and kids come by, I'll pass out candy if they knock or whatever. Plus, if you are a straight male and don't look forward to seeing chicks dress as slutty as possible due to the holiday, I don't know what to tell you, man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies