Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 04:24 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,239,725 times

Advertisements

Tim McVeigh was a registered Republican.

Ouch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 05:31 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Every time the elections come around I keep hearing from a friend of mine down in Kentucky that folks are getting their personal cars vandalized. Just because they have bumper stickers that say that they support a certain politician. And now we are seeing on the news that a liberal supporter was being attacked and their heads stomped on. Just shows how much of a man that retard was that did the head stomp. How simple minded, back woods and retarded are this fools that see the need to damage what isn't their just because you don't agree with them, or think like them.

It just goes to show how many people are simple minded when they see the need to go to this extreme. And I would bet that they would be the first to crying to the cops if someone saw the need to go back and completely destroy their cars and trucks. They're probably the same type of idiots that run around with white sheets on their simple minded heads and burn crosses in yards, too.
I live in OK----the only state where every last country went red in 08'. The high probablility that some idiot will vandalize the car is precisely the reason I never ever put political bumper stickers on my car. The simplest way to avoid simple minds is to not allow them to know how you think. If they want to advertise SaRAH P. on their bumper go for it. I won't key the car, but I do laugh at them.

LOL, they are also the same ones who drive 15-20 miles over the speed limit (in work zones) and whip in and out of traffic like the rest of us are suppose to get off of the highway. Ironic correlation.

Old 10-27-2010, 05:47 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Far too many people confuse emotion with thought and damage with discussion. There are a lot of middle aged children out there and adding alcohol only makes it worse.

TnHilltoper said it very well.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:54 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
You know I am always hearing this. But look at the housing people bought then used their equity to buy several new cars;pay off credit debt every few years and some sold two or more homes for huge profits. Now man have either walked away or they have homes mostly paid off. Some got caught i the bust but many profited handsomely. Then we see many of those same people called stupid doing the same thing as companies in hunkering down and saving. Sure there are some who acted greedily or stupidly but many more who made huge amounts in the bubble.Even with unemployment at the present rate one has to remember that the vast majority are employed and doing fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Seattle, back in 1999 the WTO riots
I can't see where either of these have to do with idiots damaging private property as listed in the OP. But good attempt, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I live in OK----the only state where every last country went red in 08'. The high probability that some idiot will vandalize the car is precisely the reason I never ever put political bumper stickers on my car. The simplest way to avoid simple minds is to not allow them to know how you think. If they want to advertise SaRAH P. on their bumper go for it. I won't key the car, but I do laugh at them.

LOL, they are also the same ones who drive 15-20 miles over the speed limit (in work zones) and whip in and out of traffic like the rest of us are suppose to get off of the highway. Ironic correlation.
I like your point on this, I won't put a political sticker on my vehicles either. Not unless they want to pay me for advertising for them.
What if the vehicle they damaged to the point of putting it out of commission was needed to rush a child to the emergency room and the fool was identified as the perpetrate, could they be charged with "Child Endangerment"?
I would hope so!

Old 10-27-2010, 08:27 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Because Rodney King had anything to do with liberalism. Or is it liberalism to oppose police brutality? smh

La was the fast answer, but that plus Chigago, Selma too, any place the poor gather to be urban. I guess is subject, since librals see themselves as victims, and that the Govt should do something to save them.

I am poor in terms of cash as well, but I don't see that the govt or anyone should come save me from myself. I do have a rich quality of life, something I could never have if i were urban.

But then I don't worship movie stars, foot ball players or basket ball players. A few million bucks don't make anyone smart.

You can be poor and live by your whits and have a much better quailty to life.

Well too earn a few green back dollars as the govt needs them ALL.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:34 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Or when librals riot, and burn down the very city they live in.

How do you know your not one of the stupid ones in the first place? You got a gold star on your fore head or something?
Seriously? and it's liberals; not librals. I don't even know what a libral is, so yeah, maybe they do burn down cities??

Old 10-27-2010, 08:35 AM

4,152 posts, read 4,170,113 times
People are stupid. That's why politicians are able to manipulate them all these years by offer their crap as solutions.

Just look at the recent event on taxing the so call rich. I just don't understand the people. What benefits do they get for taxing the rich? Yet, they will support the call. I thought we are human, which by definition are selfish. We will only do thing that benefit us. So if taxing the "rich" don't benefits us, the middle and poor, why support it. Why not do something that benefit us, like demand a tax cut for us, the middle and poor. Now, this is a clause that we should support and benefits us.

But, since people are stupid, they will not see tax cut for the middle and poor is a choice. Our supported politicians don't offer it anyway.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:37 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Default Why are people so stupid?

Because the hard truth is that in any large population, about 30% of the individuals will possess well below average intelligence.

We Americans have this crazy idea that we're all above average. We aren't.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:35 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Quote:
We will only do thing that benefit us.
I disagree. Add a caveat, many people, and it's probably true.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:10 AM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
Every time the elections come around I keep hearing from a friend of mine down in Kentucky that folks are getting their personal cars vandalized. Just because they have bumper stickers that say that they support a certain politician. And now we are seeing on the news that a liberal supporter was being attacked and their heads stomped on. Just shows how much of a man thatretard was that did the head stomp. How simple minded, back woods and retarded are this fools that see the need to damage what isn't their just because you don't agree with them, or think like them.

It just goes to show how many people are simple minded when they see the need to go to this extreme. And I would bet that they would be the first to crying to the cops if someone saw the need to go back and completely destroy their cars and trucks. They're probably the same type of idiots that run around with white sheets on their simple minded heads and burn crosses in yards, too.
Please note that the underlined words in this post are offensive to some people. It's ironic that the post is about "stupid" people.

And in bringing up the person that had her head stepped on, it reminded me of the gentleman that the SEIU attacked at that town hall meeting and also the person that got their finger bitten off.

But, I agree with the premise that people go insane at election time and none seem smart enough to realize that politicians are in it for themselves.
There are 4 states investigating voter fraud at this time and we still have a week to go. We fight over politicians that are willing to CHEAT to get into office. It's a scary time for our country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies