Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2010, 10:52 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,186,581 times

Advertisements

Every elected official IMO, is no different from the next elected official.

Some of you rant and rave as if appointing a different political party is going to somehow "fix" things and the good times will be here again.

If you look at most of the elected officials, many are the same. They usually have no difference in intelligence and accomplishments. They are average at best.

You expect them to "radically" change things and when they don't you rant and rave like they are magicians and should be working magic.

Repub/Demo/Green/Tea, etc...........it does not make a darn bit if difference. They are all wolves in sheeps clothing.

Last edited by Ron.; 10-27-2010 at 11:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 10:55 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Every elected official IMO, is no different from the next elected official.

Some of you rant and rave as if appointing a different political party is going to somehow "fix" things and the good times will be here again.

If you look at most of the elected officials, many are the same. They usually have no difference in intelligence and accomplishments. They are average at best.

You expect them to "radically" change things and when they don't you rant and rave like they are magicians and should be working magic.

Repub/Demo.Tea, etc...........it does not make a darn bit if difference. They are all sheep in wolves clothing.
I think you may mean wolves (predators) in sheep's clothing (camouflage).

And the demopublicans and republicrats are two wings of the same vulture feeding on the American people.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I think you may mean wolves (predators) in sheep's clothing (camouflage).

And the demopublicans and republicrats are two wings of the same vulture feeding on the American people.
Thanks for spotting that.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:50 AM

LOL..........no replies. The truth always hurts.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:56 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,231,338 times
Politics is a process. People who expect certain big things to be fixed are living in a dreamland and are bound to be frustrated. A road can be fixed. Things like poverty, social security, unemployment, interest rates, etc, are not "fixed," they are managed. Policies are modified to make incremental (hopeful) improvements. Every change will have side effects that some will view as negative.

A lot of independents and "undecided voters" are the type who are always chasing that dream that maybe the next candidate will be the one to go in and "clean up government" and set everything right. Maybe next time, maybe next time.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:05 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
Politics is a process. People who expect certain big things to be fixed are living in a dreamland and will bound to be frustrated. A road can be fixed. Things like poverty, social security, unemployment, interest rates, etc, are not "fixed," they are managed. Policies are modified to make incremental (hopeful) improvements. Every change will have side effects that some will view as negative.

A lot of independents and "undecided voters" are the type who are always chasing that dream that maybe the next candidate will be the one to go in and "clean up government" and set everything right. Maybe next time, maybe next time.
A good post. May your reputation increase!

I agree that those who firmly believe that the Tea Party members who are elected next Tuesday will 'change things' in D.C. are in for a rather unpleasant surprise.

For one, all will be brand new members with no senority at all. Senority rules in Congress.

Second, over the decades I have seen quite a few 'firebrands' get elected, go to D.C., and, after a term or so, decide that they quite like the power and prestige, and start not only moderating their views (to get more in line with the 'middle' of the country) but then start wanting nothing more than to get re-elected.

Ron Paul is one of the very few representatives I know who never moderated his views upon arrival in Washington. He is lucky, in my view, in his Texas district (the 14th) which does not really seem to care about having a representative that 'brings home the bacon', but wants government off their backs.

Anyway, all movements tend to die off. As every politician knows, the 'public' has a short memory.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:09 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Most are I'd agree, but you get a few rare gems like Grayson, Dean, Weiner, and Kucinich that truly are out for the people, and not themselves or big business.

Old 10-28-2010, 11:16 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Unfortunatly, I agree with the OP.
This was not the way it was supposed to turn out was it?

Most of us vote with the party of who we believe to be the 'lesser of the evils'. & that in itself is very sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies