Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 12:34 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultralight View Post
The word PC has just become a right wing excuse for bigotry and racism.
No it hasnt. If you dont get that we are becoming so PC that you have to watch what we say because you will offend someone then I dont know what to tell ya. ( I would get out from under the rock )

A couple of examples.

A guy on espn makes a comment during a ballgame about jose and a taco and OMG OMG He is such this huge racist. He must apology for a simple joke.

Tim Tebow superbowl ad the woman assoc whatever had a fit OMG OMG he pretended to knock his mom down. That is abusive to women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 12:34 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
You know what? Back in May, Obama said this.

“After they drove the car into the ditch, made it as difficult as possible for us to pull it back, now they want to keys back. No! You can’t drive. We don’t want to have to go back into the ditch. We just got the car out.”

Was that racist?

How about this, from the other day.
I've been using this analogy as I travel the country. Imagine the Republicans driving the economy into a ditch. And it's a deep ditch. It's a big ditch. And somehow they walked away from the accident, and we (Democrats) put on our boots and we rappelled down into the ditch. ... We've been pushing, pushing, trying to get that car out of the ditch.

And meanwhile, the Republicans are standing there, sipping on a Slurpee. (Laughter.) Fanning themselves. We're hot and sweaty and pushing, and they're kicking dirt into the ditch. (Laughter.) Getting it into our faces. But that's okay. We said -- every once in a while we'd ask them, "Do you want to come down and help?" They'd say, "No, but you're not pushing the right way, though. Push harder."

Finally, we get this car out of the ditch, and it's banged up. It needs some body work, needs a tune-up. But it's pointing in the right direction. The engine is turning and it's ready to go. And we suddenly get this tap on our shoulders. We look back, who is it? The Republicans. And they're saying, "Excuse me, we want the keys back." You can't have the keys back. You don't know how to drive! (Applause.) You can't have them back. Can't do it. (Applause.) Not after we've worked this hard!

We can't have special interests sitting shotgun! (Laughter.) You know, we got to have middle-class families up in front! (Applause.) We can't -- we don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they got to sit in back! (Laughter.)
Is that racist? I think it's basically the Little Red Hen story, myself.
Yes it was racist and still wrong. The president is suppose to be the president of all of us . That includes republicans. The comment was racist and wrong. defend it deny it deflect it. That group he just told to sit in the back in the same manner Rosa parks was told to sit in the back are about to control 1/3 of the government . maybe its time for the president to act like he is president of all of us.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
So in other words, the next time people compare blacks to dogs or make other racist statements, we should act like an obedient lap dog and be quiet about it? The only people making things worse are people who perpetuate racism by sending emails such as this, especially when they are involved in politics. Sorry but I am not going to sit down and shut up like a good lilttle ######. Are you saying there is nothing wrong with this? He made his bed now he is laying in it. He got what he deserved.
No one is suggesting you be a dog and be quiet about it.. Another liberal making up lies about what others said, and then disputing what wasnt said.. What people are saying is if you are going to be outraged over racist comments, then be outraged over ALL Of them, regardless of who makes them. When you accept the left doing these things, or you support policies that are harmful to minorities, YOU perpetuate racism far greater than any email sent from one individual to another...

Old 10-28-2010, 12:39 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
And this is how we KNOW that racism is alive and well. I really believe if Obama were completely white he would have not had to endure what he has to date.
If he was completely white he'd never have been elected President.

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Yes everything. Including saying " I dont support Obama" Just something that simple makes you a racist to the left.

Wish you'd welcome back the world of free speech that people had thicker skin and not every sentence had to have the words " I dont mean to offend anyone".

NewsFlash !! Just because something appears to be racist to you does not mean it is. Its a joke, Its not calling anyone a racial slur. It is not discriminating against anyone. Its simply a joke I guess had the person said a white person you'd be fine with it. But we have this pc world that everything is stereotyped that you cant dare say anything about a person that is a minority anymore without it being racist.

You have no idea what I'd be fine with. It is racist, tacky and in poor taste and yes I have heard racist jokes about white people and felt the same way. No one thinks anyone is racist for saying "I don't support Obama." If you were called racist because of that, it's probably for what followed that statement. People are not going to lie down and accept your racism, period. That's what you asking for. Sorry this is 2010, not 1950. It's not going to happen, no matter how much you throw out terms like "politically correct" and "race card."

Quote:

Jadex, just treat all people as if they were just human beings like you.
Oh thank you so kindly for the social lesson. I dont know how i've made it thru this world without you teaching me the proper way to act.

Give me a break You have made excuse after excuse for democrat comments that they arent racist. If I remember correctly didnt you say that Bill Maher actually using the N word was not racist. But telling a joke that includes a black person is racist.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:40 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
You know what? We can't have special interests sitting shotgun! (Laughter.) You know, we got to have middle-class families up in front! (Applause.) We can't -- we don't mind the Republicans joining us. They can come for the ride, but they got to sit in back! (Laughter.)[/indent]
I'm not surprised there was laughter. Obama saying "we can't have special interests..." is really hilarious. We've seen enough of his pandering to special interests to make one sick.

The man's also out of touch. He forgets that there are a lot of conservative middle class families that vote Republican.

Quote:
So in other words, the next time people compare blacks to dogs or make other racist statements, we should act like an obedient lap dog and be quiet about it? The only people making things worse are people who perpetuate racism by sending emails such as this, especially when they are involved in politics. Sorry but I am not going to sit down and shut up like a good lilttle ######. Are you saying there is nothing wrong with this? He made his bed now he is laying in it. He got what he deserved.
Where's the original e-mail? Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
And this is how we KNOW that racism is alive and well. I really believe if Obama were completely white he would have not had to endure what he has to date.
Bush must have been Black, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You are correct, if Obama was white he wouldnt have endured what he has because he wouldnt have won the election. No "white guy" would have been able to get away with associating with the types of individuals Obama associated with, or win the top office of the nation without being qualified..
Very true!

Old 10-28-2010, 12:42 PM

Quote:
OMG They werent comparing black people to a dog. They said a black person wants to claim a dog for welfare. I bet you had they said a white person wants to claim a cat for welfare you wouldnt have an issue.

Where does it say that the dog is a person? It clearly states DOG.

You are trying to make it imply the dog is a person. When clearly that is impossible. MY perfect example of the PC world that now you are trying to make a dog into a person to imply something that isnt there

Old 10-28-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
You have no idea what I'd be fine with. It is racist, tacky and in poor taste and yes I have heard racist jokes about white people and felt the same way. No one thinks anyone is racist for saying "I don't support Obama." If you were called racist because of that, it's probably for what followed that statement. People are not going to lie down and accept your racism, period. That's what you asking for. Sorry this is 2010, not 1950. It's not going to happen, no matter how much you throw out terms like "politically correct" and "race card."
How is saying . I'm trying to get my dog welfare racist? Am I being racist towards the dog?

Old 10-28-2010, 12:43 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
No it hasnt. If you dont get that we are becoming so PC that you have to watch what we say because you will offend someone then I dont know what to tell ya. ( I would get out from under the rock )

A couple of examples.

A guy on espn makes a comment during a ballgame about jose and a taco and OMG OMG He is such this huge racist. He must apology for a simple joke.

Tim Tebow superbowl ad the woman assoc whatever had a fit OMG OMG he pretended to knock his mom down. That is abusive to women.

So it's okay to go around calling all women garden tools and b****es? Is it okay to say that women should be barefoot and pregnant and then to run for office and expect no one to say a word about it? We all watch what we say. It's called being sensitive. Why is that a bad thing? If Obama said White people got on his nerves, or that all white people wish that blacks were slaves, would you remain silent?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies