Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 12:44 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,200,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It looks like you have the ability to pull out some of the non racists statements made.. Now be a good little poster and quote some of the ones that ARE racist, then we can engage in an intellectual discussion..
Sorry, cut and pasted the whole thing verbatim.

gee pgh, did you get a different impression from your news source?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 12:44 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,953,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
How is saying . I'm trying to get my dog welfare racist? Am I being racist towards the dog?

Do you seriously have a problem comprehending this. He said his dog was black, lazy and didn't work. Did you miss that part? Are you playing stupid or ....?

Old 10-28-2010, 12:45 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,200,595 times
Quote:
Oh thank you so kindly for the social lesson. I dont know how i've made it thru this world without you teaching me the proper way to act.

Give me a break You have made excuse after excuse for democrat comments that they arent racist. If I remember correctly didnt you say that Bill Maher actually using the N word was not racist. But telling a joke that includes a black person is racist.
I didn't mean to be any negative way, I just don't see how it's so difficult.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,411,657 times
Default Pubs/Tea Party; bigots r US

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Moderator cut: Inappropriate comments deleted

Virginia Beach Republican Party chair Dave Bartholomew is under fire for an email that he forwarded comparing African Americans to dogs and mocking African Americans for being poor and having a lack of father figures.

So these tea Party Conservatives whom virtually every conservative claims dosen't have a racist bone in their body sees nothing out of order with this??

Republicans want minorities to support them at the polls yet we are suppose to endure these attitudes and slights.

Sorry but I'll never support people who think like this, we are not monkeys or dogs and we do happen to know what's in our best intersts!!
It's common knowledge that Republicans/Tea Party(modern day Klan)/Conservatives/Neocons support a bigoted and racially insensitive agenda. They are bigots. This statement by this repulsive individual only shows the supremely ignorant element that president Obama must confront, not only in Congress, but everywhere when dealing with the Right.

The Right will not get the black vote because their ideology represents the bottom, most severely flawed segment of this society.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:47 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,857,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
So it's okay to go around calling all women garden tools and b****es? Is it okay to say that women should be barefoot and pregnant and then to run for office and expect no one to say a word about it? We all watch what we say. It's called being sensitive. Why is that a bad thing? If Obama said White people got on his nerves, or that all white people wish that blacks were slaves, would you remain silent?
Its called free speech. As a woman sometimes we act like a B. I've called myself one if a woman cant admit that they can be one at times. They are lying to themselves. My husband sometimes can be an a hole. Guess what I flat out tell him that. I live in a big people world. I am secure enough with myself that sometimes I am a b and I need to hear that I am being one.

It was a joke about getting a dog on welfare. You are trying to make it imply the dog is a person.

If a person is not secure enough in their person then maybe they should work on that.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No one is suggesting you be a dog and be quiet about it.. Another liberal making up lies about what others said, and then disputing what wasnt said.. What people are saying is if you are going to be outraged over racist comments, then be outraged over ALL Of them, regardless of who makes them. When you accept the left doing these things, or you support policies that are harmful to minorities, YOU perpetuate racism far greater than any email sent from one individual to another...

I didn't make up lies but clearly you are. Jadex suggested that people are making this worse by speaking about it, I asked her a question. Not you so stop trying to distort my words. Another conservative trying to take words out of context. So far, someone brought up a comment about getting coffee and another about Obama being lucky. Neither is the topic of this thread and don't think I haven't argued with democrats who have made out of line statements. You don't know me and the only lie here is that the email in the OP was not racist. As long as you defend it, you are one in the same.

9,644 posts, read 9,857,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I didn't mean to be any negative way, I just don't see how it's so difficult.
No it was just in a condescending way

13,163 posts, read 1,715,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
It's common knowledge that Republicans/Tea Party(modern day Klan)/Conservatives/Neocons support a bigoted and racially insensitive agenda. They are bigots. This statement by this repulsive individual only shows the supremely ignorant element that president Obama must confront, not only in Congress, but everywhere when dealing with the Right.

The Right will not get the black vote because their ideology represents the bottom, most severely flawed segment of this society.
It's not "common knowledge" at all, though the left would like to make it appear so. That is clear from the rest of your post, so hateful sounding.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:49 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,594,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post

You just grouped together and stereotyped a huge group of people. What a jacka*** stupid statement for you to make.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Its called free speech. As a woman sometimes we act like a B. I've called myself one if a woman cant admit that they can be one at times. They are lying to themselves. My husband sometimes can be an a hole. Guess what I flat out tell him that. I live in a big people world. I am secure enough with myself that sometimes I am a b and I need to hear that I am being one.

It was a joke about getting a dog on welfare. You are trying to make it imply the dog is a person.

If a person is not secure enough in their person then maybe they should work on that.
As a woman, I have been told the same thing and when I felt the need to, as a woman, I have defended myself. No, the person who wrote the joke was trying to imply that the dog is on the same level as any black welfare recipient. If a person is thinks they're holier than though and is racist, maybe they should work on that.

Oh and on the flip side of free speech, we also have the right to defend ourselves using speech and speak out about which we disagree with. You can't have it both ways. You're upset because people have expressed their dismay with this statement but then talk about free speech. It's not just for people who agree with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies