Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2010, 01:33 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,077,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
"wrapping your head around" infinity isn't the big deal. It's crossing an infinite number of years. That is impossible--as infinity is not a finite number. How do you cross an infinite amount of time?
Asked and answered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist
I can show you all sorts of evidence to support the idea of creation, but the question is why do you choose to disbelieve w/out looking at it?
But we have looked at it. I myself have been looking at creationist "evidence" for the last 30 years. None of it has ever been able to stand up up to critical scrutiny.

You forget, creationism was once the reigning paradigm for both cosmology and the explanation for the origins and diversity of species. It was eventually rejected as false because it was replaced by a better one; Darwinian evolution. The superiority of evolution has only been reinforced by additional scientific discovery in the century and a half since.

Creationism is not some radical new idea trying to replace entrenched orthodoxy. It is the ancient orthodoxy long deposited in the trash bin of failed scientific ideas along with orgone energy, phlogiston and the luminiferous aether.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 02:04 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
"wrapping your head around" infinity isn't the big deal. It's crossing an infinite number of years. That is impossible--as infinity is not a finite number. How do you cross an infinite amount of time?

I can show you all sorts of evidence to support the idea of creation, but the question is why do you choose to disbelieve w/out looking at it?
Crossing an infinite number of years is a never-ending journey. What's so hard about that?

You can't show me any evidence to support the idea of a creator, you can only present arguments. And every argument for a creator is also an argument against a creator. Because every creator argument can be turned to support the argument for an infinite universe. You don't need a creator to create a universe that always exists. And none of your arguments explain the origin of the creator. If the creator can exist without origin, so can a universe.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:09 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Is that because we are evolving into less intelligent animals?
There is ample evidence of that! And I'm not an evolutionist...

Old 11-02-2010, 02:15 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If the creator can exist without origin, so can a universe.
Let me explain this simply: God created everything, including time and space. The universe is His creation. Absent space = infinity. Absent time = eternity. God exists outside of time and space. Time and space are creations and will come to an end. What will then be left are Eternity and Infinity.

I don't expect you to believe this, but you've just been given the explanation. I hope you will see the truth some day.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I don't expect you to believe this, but you've just been given the explanation. I hope you will see the truth some day.
You would have been better occupied explaining unicorns.

Because there is more scientific evidence for unicorns than there is for a creator.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:21 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
I believe in Creationism... are you saying that I'm stupid?

Old 11-02-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I don't know. I've just met you.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:23 PM

276 posts, read 476,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I'll call you stupid.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I hope you will see the truth some day.
As I also hope that you will as well.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:30 PM

2,488 posts, read 4,322,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsobchak View Post
I'll call you stupid.
So, you're saying that almost half the country is stupid? Well, I think you're stupid for calling someone who believes in Creationism 'stupid.' If you don't believe in Creationism, fine, but I'm not going to call you stupid because you don't believe in Creationism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies