Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:00 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What is the "W-2"? I'm not up on right wing slang, thank God.
This has got to be the best quote on C-D, EVER!

Did you figure it out, yet?
I'll explain if you haven't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 12:30 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wonder if there is some way that the difference of 22% can be turned before tomorrow morning. How long before the politicians realize that the people just don't want this law and proceed to repeal it and make up one that will do what it is supposed to do? They will have two years to make a change in their thinking or many will be outside looking in after the 2012 election, I think.

Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports™
I can't for the life of me understand your disconnect. You sir, are on socialized health care in it's purest form (Medicare.) Yet you come here daily and bemoan this healthcare reform.

Please tell us when you are going to relinquish your "nanny state" healthcare and buy private insurance? You know, put your money where your mouth is.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:36 PM

19,217 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:

Don't let on to your fellow Dems that you really said this. They'll ban you from their party.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:55 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,551,670 times
Oh, the people do want the reform. It is big business paying for all those advertisements that doesn't want it. Try to stay connected to reality. It's better for all of us.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Don't let on to your fellow Dems that you really said this. They'll ban you from their party.
Well... okay, I won't....

edit - Oh, the tax form.

Oh well. I thought it was some sort of RW code.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:53 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,813,813 times
Quote:
I suspect you don't pay taxes.

Old 11-01-2010, 04:42 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
I suspect you don't pay taxes.
Paying taxes is a right wing thing...
Quote:

Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think 58% want repeal but really they want it fixed to be better... so far the bill doesn't seem to mean "better" care, it just means "cheaper" care... and cheaper is definitely NOT better care... the same can be said for the 36% who want to keep it... they want something and they rather have this than nothing... but if offered to "fix" it, it would be 100%...
How will it be cheaper for those who have to pay higher taxes to pay for the coming 30 million new ones who will pay nothing after getting on? Somehow I have to wonder how it is cheaper for anybody but the ones who will get paid for by taking money from the employed people.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
ROB - It does not take much of an extension of your post to realize that you would ration health care by the ability to pay for it. It seems to me that you are willing; along with many of your cohorts, to simply let the poor die or the uninsured middle class go bankrupt, if they develop a catastrophic illness. That is real thoughtful of you and your gang. Thanks from the majority.
Yep, all of you that agree with Grayson talk that way. I don't really care one way or the other but I agree with my son who knows he is going to have to pay more in taxes to allow those 30 million to be on healthcare. I don't think he makes all that much money but maybe he has to share it with them. I do wonder how many of you that support the Health Insurance Reform Act even know that all the rest of you will pay higher taxes to pay for those people. Do you believe that the Chinese are going to continue to give us money to support people like this? If not you surely have to know that higher taxes have to the the answer.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiesmom View Post
Q+A: Can the healthcare overhaul be repealed? | Reuters

'...WILL REPUBLICANS HAVE THE VOTES TO REPEAL?
It will be very difficult, if not impossible, for Republicans to make good on their promise to repeal the healthcare law even if they take control of both the Senate and the House of Representatives in the November 2 congressional elections.
It is unlikely that they will get the 60 Senate seats needed to get a repeal through the Senate. Even if Republicans control 60 seats, Obama would most likely veto any repeal....'
I see that you think repeal would be foolish because Obama would veto. Sometimes you have to try to find out what might happen. Oh well, both of us know what you mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies