Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 10:15 AM

88,689 posts, read 85,015,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
It's a legitimate phobia since Christians really hate gays and lesbians and Jews. Christianity is based on faith and myth. So why is it wrong for people to have contempt for it if people take it so piously and literally? There are so many people who allow their mythological beliefs to dictate the lives of those who want to be independent. Those who want to be independent are gays, lesbians, Buddhists, Jews, non-religious people, etc.
Yeah, that's really logical. A lot of Christians are gay and lesbian. Some of them are gay and lesbian priests.

Nothing like a bigot writing a post about how another group are all bigots...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 10:18 AM

88,689 posts, read 85,015,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I don't need it explained to me because I know that Christianity and Judaism are not very different.
Except for that ONE, little, teeny tiny most basic of all differences...one is waiting for a messiah and the other believes he already came.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,881,188 times
Anybody who ascribes to any organized religion, is scary. They presume to think they know what is right, they don't, any more than anyone else.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:22 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,624,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
I was stunned , she is Jewish and if I said " he is a Jew " I would think of myself bad person . I am guessing she is a non practicing Jew , she is a pro-choice , every woman should get a free abortion, Democrat .

To think it is OK to speak of Christians ( I am one) as " frightening " , and to say it loud for everyone to hear . ..
I didn't know what to say , I still don't .

Someone explain this woman to me , is this what Democrats think ? Is this what NY and California were thinking yesterday ?

I must add that I have never heard a Jewish person ever say anything like this . I think it was more of a shock because she was Jewish . My neighbors want to have 20 kids.
Unfortunately, yes--Christians have become all about saying "no" to stuff that pagans like, while ignoring the issues we have.

I have also discussed Christianity with Jews and other pagans that really have no idea what Christian doctrine is...they have all kinds of misconceptions about our theology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Anybody who ascribes to any organized religion, is scary. They presume to think they know what is right, they don't, any more than anyone else.
You sound pretty judgmental there. Sounds like you presume to think you knwo what is right.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:45 AM

5,252 posts, read 4,687,271 times
It should be obvious to even the most casual observer that religion when taken to extremes produces the likes of the Taliban and our own famed Moral Majority and it's successors. Christians have killed in the past in order to fulfill their notion of "doing God's work" and like the Taliban they have been known to inflict their beliefs into the political system in an attempt to create a theocracy form of government.

None of the above statement applies to all Christians or Muslims however, a friend of mine is a very devout Christian but supports the politics of caring and abhors the violence associated with the more vocal extreme wing of US Christian Identity movements. I worked with a Muslim fellow some years back who told me that he fled the middle east because of his fear of a rising militant Muslim element there.

He who paints with too broad a brush often ends up aligning himself with some unsavory company, and haters are far too plentiful in our country today, both organized and unorganized they present the rest of us with a challenge; Who will rule America, the ignorant or the informed?

Old 11-04-2010, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
It should be obvious to even the most casual observer that religion when taken to extremes produces the likes of the Taliban and our own famed Moral Majority and it's successors. Christians have killed in the past in order to fulfill their notion of "doing God's work" and like the Taliban they have been known to inflict their beliefs into the political system in an attempt to create a theocracy form of government.

None of the above statement applies to all Christians or Muslims however, a friend of mine is a very devout Christian but supports the politics of caring and abhors the violence associated with the more vocal extreme wing of US Christian Identity movements. I worked with a Muslim fellow some years back who told me that he fled the middle east because of his fear of a rising militant Muslim element there.

He who paints with too broad a brush often ends up aligning himself with some unsavory company, and haters are far too plentiful in our country today, both organized and unorganized they present the rest of us with a challenge; Who will rule America, the ignorant or the informed?

What religion was it that flew planes into the towers?

When was the last time you saw a Christian do anything remotely close to that?

Fact of the matter is, Christianity, taken to it's logical conclusion breeds peace-lovers and martyrs....islam produces hatred and jihadists. You tell me which one you'd rather have.

Old 11-04-2010, 10:55 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,303,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Yeah, if only all of those Jews had been "perfected", Hitler might not have been forced to kill them.
Where did you learn that Hitler's belief in Christianity was the reason for the Final Solution? Germany?

Old 11-04-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Where did you learn that Hitler's belief in Christianity was the reason for the Final Solution? Germany?
He once attended Sunday School for 2 straight weeks as a little boy...that MUST mean he was Christian...right?

Old 11-04-2010, 10:58 AM

14,485 posts, read 11,303,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The statement that Christians are perfected Jews directly implies that all followers of Judaism are imperfect.

Can a Jew that doesn't renounce Judaism and accept Jesus as the divine son of god and Messiah get into Christian heaven or will they be tortured for all eternity like the rest of the non believers?
Where did you learn that Christians believe that non-believers are tortured for eternity? Why do you think that it is perfectly OK to say whatever you want no matter how ridiculous or false it is?

Old 11-04-2010, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Where did you learn that Christians believe that non-believers are tortured for eternity? Why do you think that it is perfectly OK to say whatever you want no matter how ridiculous or false it is?
that's what the Bible teaches.

Matt. 25:46, "And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies