Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 02:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
WASHINGTON — Environmental groups and industry seem headed for another battle over regulation of greenhouse gases, as President Barack Obama said he will look for ways to control global warming pollution other than Congress placing a ceiling on it.

"Cap-and-trade was just one way of skinning the cat; it was not the only way," Obama said at a news conference Wednesday, a day after Democrats lost control of the House. "I'm going to be looking for other means to address this problem."
Nation & World | Obama drops 'cap-and-trade' plan on global warming | Seattle Times Newspaper

Obama once again shows that he is willing to compromise. Will Republicans give him credit for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2010, 03:05 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,074,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Obama once again shows that he is willing to compromise. Will Republicans give him credit for it?
Compromise? He's going to circumvent Congress and stick a gun to the head of the American people with the EPA.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:10 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Compromise? He's going to circumvent Congress and stick a gun to the head of the American people with the EPA.
Yep. That's what I heard also.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:15 PM

Well I should say he can "try" to do it, there's been amendments proposed to the Clean air Act that will strip the EPA of this power including the climate bill passed by Democrats. In addition to that the Repubs with control of the House can simply choose not to fund it.

The Clean Air Act as never intended to give the EPA complete control over commerce in this country.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:16 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I agree!

The only time Obummer will compromise is when he has to and when the media will report it to make him look good. I think he is going to play the 'poor me, Republicans are so bad to me and won't let me accomplish anything role' and his dumb followers will believe him.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:18 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
He's not compromising, he's rolling over like a coward. If he doesn't grow a pair now, he will be a one term president.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:19 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,681,792 times
I think I already can see the answer to my question. Obama won't get credit for compromising. He'll get nothing from Republicans but vitriol, anger, and a complete lack of interest in working together.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Obama won't get credit for compromising .
Compromise what? This is one of the reasons the Dems are on their way out and it barely passed to begin with. He can't get it through Congress now so now he's going to try and force it through with the EPA.

Explain to me exactly what his compromise is? He's going to use an unelected bureaucracy that do not represent the wishes of the people to try and accomplish what he wants.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:25 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,412,287 times
Quote:
Nation & World | Obama drops 'cap-and-trade' plan on global warming | Seattle Times Newspaper

You bet I'll give hime credit for it!

He's admitted his determination to kill the economy in order to lower temperatures by a tenth of a degree ninety years from now, and cannot get a law passed to that effect. To promise to kill the economy by regulation instead of law is not a compromise.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:26 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
Just another smoke screen from this administration

Obama gave a patsy White House Oval Office speech on the gulf disaster but, also during the speech, he states the need for Carbon Taxes.....Cap and Trade!

The Joyce Foundation --A private U.S. foundation which provides funding and support to initiatives focusing on education, environment and employment in the Great Lakes region. The Joyce Foundation was established in 1948 by Beatrice Joyce Kean of Chicago . Since its inception, the foundation has made grants of more than $600 million. Some of those grants include $1.1 million to Richard Sandor in 2000-2001 to create the Chicago Climate Exchange. Former Board of Directors' members include President Barack Obama (1994-2002) and Valerie Jarrett, his top adviser.

Who will benefit from the Chicago Climate Exchange? You guessed it...Obama and his buddies, the Chicago crew.
Chicago Climate Exchange is North America's only cap and trade system for all six greenhouse gases, with global affiliates and projects worldwide

Who will benefit from Obama's shutdown of drilling in the Gulf? You guessed it...Obama and his buddy, George Soros

Who is Obama getting to again? You guessed it...American Citizens.

Do you really think they will walk away from this kind of money

Chicago Climate Exchange
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies