Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News is:
A fair and balanced news network 55 37.93%
An arm of the Republican Party 88 60.69%
Not sure 2 1.38%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 06:56 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I'm sure this was already mentioned, but I would love it if this poll had been restricted to people who have actually watched Fox News. People who have never watched Fox and have only heard what the liberal media wants to say about it should not be voting. I also want a distinction to be made between the hard news programs and the commentary programs like O'Reilly, Beck, Hannity and to a certain extent, Huckabee. Greta is the Larry King of Fox, so she isn't really considered news or commentary. Fox and Friends is a mix of both.

That said, of course it is aimed at a Republican audience, but the news is not biased in that way. The commentators also try to get representatives from both sides to do interviews, and it's not their fault that the liberals often turn them down.
Andrea, the majority of "liberals" who complain about Fox News have watched more than enough of its "fair and balanced" coverage to have drawn a tangible conclusion on what the network stands for. Simply dismissing their opinions because they are "liberal" isn't going to change the fact that a large portion of the country is repulsed by the low ethical standards Fox has sunk to.

Have you ever wondered why liberals on here can point to specific examples of Fox News fabricating lies, yet those conservatives who hate MSNBC never validate their claims with substantial evidence?

- $200 million/per day India trip (false)
- Obama hating white people (false)
- Obama born in Kenya (false)
- Pallin' around with terrorists (false)
- Death panels (false)
- Obama being Muslim (false)

I can validate all of these outrageous assertions that Fox has rammed down the throats of conservative America. This is where we have to draw the line of news versus propaganda. The sooner conservatives realize that Fox News is detrimental to their cause, the sooner their base will grow and diversify. You can't fix what you won't admit is broken.

As for shows similar to Fox and Friends...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s35kBpvxfsc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2010, 08:12 PM

688 posts, read 1,490,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanboy View Post
Andrea, the majority of "liberals" who complain about Fox News have watched more than enough of its "fair and balanced" coverage to have drawn a tangible conclusion on what the network stands for. Simply dismissing their opinions because they are "liberal" isn't going to change the fact that a large portion of the country is repulsed by the low ethical standards Fox has sunk to.

Have you ever wondered why liberals on here can point to specific examples of Fox News fabricating lies, yet those conservatives who hate MSNBC never validate their claims with substantial evidence?

- $200 million/per day India trip (false)
- Obama hating white people (false)
- Obama born in Kenya (false)
- Pallin' around with terrorists (false)
- Death panels (false)
- Obama being Muslim (false)

I can validate all of these outrageous assertions that Fox has rammed down the throats of conservative America. This is where we have to draw the line of news versus propaganda. The sooner conservatives realize that Fox News is detrimental to their cause, the sooner their base will grow and diversify. You can't fix what you won't admit is broken.

As for shows similar to Fox and Friends...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s35kBpvxfsc
Fox is obviously right-wing oriented, and almost all others (especially MSNBC and NPR) are obviously left-wing oriented. What we really need is non-partisan and non-sensational honest programming with little or no politcal spin one way or the other, which in reality would probably be boring as hell, but hey, boring ain't always so bad. Sometimes I could do with a little less excitement in my life.

Last edited by rxpwas; 11-08-2010 at 08:55 PM..

Old 11-08-2010, 08:29 PM

903 posts, read 3,581,194 times
I do remember watching the news all the time before the last presidential election-fox was the only news that would ever say anything negative about Obama. I felt like they were the only news station not brainwashed by Obama mania. I have been a fan ever since-

Old 11-08-2010, 08:58 PM

147 posts, read 646,966 times
Now lets have a pole to see who is more fair and balanced; Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, or CBS.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:01 PM

688 posts, read 1,490,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny999 View Post
Now lets have a pole to see who is more fair and balanced; Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, or CBS.
None of the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies