Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News is:
A fair and balanced news network 55 37.93%
An arm of the Republican Party 88 60.69%
Not sure 2 1.38%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 02:00 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,434,359 times

Advertisements

That's not "Fair and Balanced":...that's an arm of the Republican party..

Quote:
With Sarah Palin, Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee all making moves indicating they may run for president, their common employer is facing a question that hasn’t been asked before: How does a news organization cover White House hopefuls when so many are on the payroll?
-------
With the exception of Mitt Romney, Fox now has deals with every major potential Republican presidential candidate not currently in elected office.
Fox primary: complicated, contractual - Jonathan Martin and Keach Hagey - POLITICO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 02:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
GOP has one mouthpiece network in Fox. Liberals have MSNBC, CNN, NBC, ABC, and CBS. And they are just so mad that the GOP has ONE network in their favor, but they are fine that they have 5.
Isn't that the truth? ONE against a dozens at least, including print media, Politico and other "news" sites.

They get their butts whipped on a regular basis.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
That's not "Fair and Balanced":...that's an arm of the Republican party..

Fox primary: complicated, contractual - Jonathan Martin and Keach Hagey - POLITICO.com
Yeah, and the MINUTE any of them declare for the presidency, they are gone. Can't blame Fox for hiring the mover and shakers of the political world, can you?

Old 11-06-2010, 02:05 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Still waiting for someone to connect Fox promoting and endorsing exclusively Republican candidates with being fair and balanced. See Maddow show transcript at this thread's p. 3.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:07 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Another that CAN'T dispute the FACTS I've presented. How many conservatives did you see on MSNBC election night? Not a one.

The jealousy and envy, the hatred of vitriol from the Left when it comes to Fox News is wonderful, amazing and delicious to behold.

Thanks, you have only made Fox News the most popular, most watched outfit in the country.

Even the broadcast networks, ABC, NBC, CBS couldn't beat Fox on election night.

Those are the FACTS - live with them.
Popularity does not automatically speak of high quality. In fact, it's usually the tasteless, most irrelevant programing that speaks to the masses.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:09 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,841,188 times
Default Fox and other media 'news'

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
From what I've observed, it looks like defenders of Fox News are starting to admit that their favorite news station is really an arm of the Republican Party.
For extreme left-leaning 'entertainment-news' watch NBC, CBS, etc., all of which (to me) seem as liberal as most of today's newspapers.

In my opinion, Fox (although a little conservative), at least seem to produce some semblance of balanced news ... without all of the personal 'editorial comment' presented as if it was hard news.

I would love to simply turn-on the "news" and 'get the facts maam; nothing but the facts' ... instead of the constant opinionated drivel of the 'talking heads.'

Old 11-06-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Popularity does not automatically speak of high quality. In fact, it's usually its the tasteless, most irrelevant programing that speaks to the masses.
Not in this case.

A little "consensus";

Fox News Fair And Balanced | MSNBC Political coverage | Mediaite

Quote:
But there was one important distinction between the two outlets: Fox News offered a far more balanced set of analysts for the election coverage than did MSNBC.
I really don't see how a serious, honest person can deny that Fox has the more balanced coverage.

Quote:
Credit where due, Fox also had a more, well, balanced panel much of the night than its competitor MSNBC.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:16 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I really don't see how a serious, honest person can deny that Fox has the more balanced coverage.
This sentence alone deserves a thread of its own...

Old 11-06-2010, 02:27 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,048,136 times
The thread title would be more accurate if it had that there is NO Republican party, least not for the past 15 years, but instead there exists the Rupert party which is just another division of that Saudi Arabian eunuch's, Murdock, empire.

Old 11-06-2010, 02:48 PM

174 posts, read 541,179 times
I've been hearing about how "horrible," "right wing," "backwards," "ignorant" etc Fox News is as long as I've been hearing about Fox News. It's been ingrained in my head. I get all my news From NPR and the national TV network news. And there's a lot I disagree with from these outlets (or more specifically, some of the programs which appear on NPR etc.) Primarily their irreverent, devil-may-care attitude (I see this on the right with regards to the environment, the poor and other marginalized groups of people) and criticism of those who are anti-hedonism (I myself am strongly anti-homophobic and prefer to leave the abortion issue to women themselves.)

Last edited by Cthulhu7; 11-06-2010 at 03:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies