Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Fox News is:
A fair and balanced news network 55 37.93%
An arm of the Republican Party 88 60.69%
Not sure 2 1.38%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 09:21 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,140,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
You lib guys always forget the third part:

Fox News, Fair, Balanced...and Unafraid.
Unafraid to LIE.

I watched several different news programs one day because I was following a certain story. Every network pretty much reported the same thing, but Fox told a completely different story, one that, as I discovered, completely contradicted what actually happened. I called the local Fox news station and told them they were misleading the public, that what they were reporting did not happen that way. They hung up on me.

There's a word beginning with F (other than "Fox") that I'd like to use and it applies to Fox network. I will not watch it, its pundits strain to contain their rage at anything that does not toe the network's right-wing line.

Oh, and remember how Fox won the lawsuit brought against it by a bunch of reporters, the ones who knew that Fox was not telling the truth? The court determined that it's up to the viewers to verify what news organizations tell them. In other words, news organizations have no obligation to tell you the truth, it's up to you to determine it. I felt I was being manipulated every second my TV was on that network. So, I programmed it out entirely!

I watch other news programs and/or get my news from the Internet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2010, 09:26 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Unafraid to LIE.

I watched several different news programs one day because I was following a certain story. Every network pretty much reported the same thing, but Fox told a completely different story, one that, as I discovered, completely contradicted what actually happened. I called the local Fox news station and told them they were misleading the public, that what they were reporting did not happen that way. They hung up on me.

There's a word beginning with F (other than "Fox") that I'd like to use and it applies to Fox network. I will not watch it, its pundits strain to contain their rage at anything that does not toe the network's right-wing line.

Oh, and remember how Fox won the lawsuit brought against it by a bunch of reporters, the ones who knew that Fox was not telling the truth? The court determined that it's up to the viewers to verify what news organizations tell them. In other words, news organizations have no obligation to tell you the truth, it's up to you to determine it. I felt I was being manipulated every second my TV was on that network. So, I programmed it out entirely!
Was this story on the local affliate station? The lawsuit you cite WAS with a local affiliate station, NOT Fox News.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Unafraid to LIE.

I watch other news programs and/or get my news from the Internet.
The wisdom of Uncle Rupert is he knew with certain programming he could make a propoganda news network into a cable channel that would be in everyone's home by putting programming on it that Americans would undoubtedly watch (Simpsons, NFL, NASCAR, shows like "American Idol", etc..) thereby lending an air of legitimacy to its sister propaganda network AND, more importantly, gaining viewer access. Getting rid of FOX News would be wonderful, as much as getting rid of any unwanted guest would be, but with FOX having the NFC, I need that network to watch Bear games. I'm pretty sure I couldn't get rid of one and keep the other.

One of the better looks at the FOX Network can be found watching the following documentary by Robert Greenwald:

Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism (2004) - IMDb

Old 11-06-2010, 12:10 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Of course Fair and Balanced.

There is NO OTHER cable or network show that has a balanced mixed of libs and reps on their shows.
Does Fox promote and endorse "lib" candidates? Or only "reps"?

Rachel Maddow on Olbermann: "We are not a Political Operation"

Rachel Maddow Show

Old 11-06-2010, 12:23 PM

379 posts, read 211,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Was this story on the local affliate station? The lawsuit you cite WAS with a local affiliate station, NOT Fox News.
Do you think that FOX would let an affiliate station do something it didn't approve of? Did FOX pay for or provide attorneys for that lawsuit?

Old 11-06-2010, 12:27 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Of course Fair and Balanced.

There is NO OTHER cable or network show that has a balanced mixed of libs and reps on their shows.

The Left is just very unhappy that their talking points, narratives and memes are CHALLENGED instead of taken for gospel.

The Left is just very unhappy that the other side of their rhetoric and lies is aired and discussed.
We have a winner. Swallowed hook line and sinker.

Old 11-06-2010, 12:37 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,177,029 times
An arm of the Republican Party

Old 11-06-2010, 01:13 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
We have a winner. Swallowed hook line and sinker.
Of course, there is NO WAY, no evidence you can cite to refute my comments.

Are you denying that it is FOX NEWS who has the most liberals/dems on their shows?

Did you see election night coverage? Fox News had 6 liberals to give commentary and analysis to their news anchors - how many did MSNBC have?

None. Case closed. The Left LOSES again on this issue.

The more they whine, wail and make baseless accusations, the more viewers FLOOD to Fox.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:35 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Default Don't know how to make it clearer than this, but

Quote:
Of course, there is NO WAY, no evidence you can cite to refute my comments.

Are you denying that it is FOX NEWS who has the most liberals/dems on their shows?

Did you see election night coverage? Fox News had 6 liberals to give commentary and analysis to their news anchors - how many did MSNBC have?

None. Case closed. The Left LOSES again on this issue.

The more they whine, wail and make baseless accusations, the more viewers FLOOD to Fox.
[Hannity endorsing Bachmann without disclosing he'd contributed to her campaign though Fox execs said he would; Hannity donated to, then interviewed on his show an R candidate in NY]

/
MADDOW: Fox News have also explicitly endorsed Republican candidates, just from this election cycle. Here's one:

- snip -

Presumptive 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is also a host at Fox News. He hosts a show there I think that is on the weekends. Making explicit political endorsements is essentially Mr. Huckabee's full-time other job. Besides being on Fox, when he is not making explicit political endorsements, Mr. Huckabee, the Fox News host, is appearing at political fundraisers for Republican candidates. Fox News. Republican fundraiser. Fox News. Republican fundraiser. That's what he does as a Fox News host.

Same goes for Fox News host Sarah Palin... Fox News. Republican fundraiser. Fox News. Republican fundraiser. It's what she does as a Fox News host.

- snip -

Sometimes, Fox News hosts save the travel budget and they just hold these fundraisers for Republican candidates right on the air."

GLENN BECK (VIDEO): "How can I help you raise money?"

MICHELE BACHMANN (VIDEO): "Well, people can go to michelebachmann.com. I need the help."

- snip -

SEAN HANNITY (VIDEO): "...we cannot afford to lose that race."

MADDOW: "Also, those nickels and dimes. In case it wasn't clear enough, this is from Mr. Hannity's own website, from his photo album on his website. The website brags that this is Mr. Hannity headlining a National Republican Congressional Committee fundraiser. That fundraiser reportedly raised $7 million for Republican House candidates. Earlier this year, that took place. Raising money for the NRCC. $7 million dollars, earlier this year. $7 million.
/

RACHEL MADDOW Comments on Olbermann Situation - 'Different from Fox'

= Fox is an arm of the Republican Party, or of the interests of which the RP is an arm. Fox employees are tools of the same.

Old 11-06-2010, 01:37 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Fox isn't news, it's propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies