Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2010, 10:32 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So its ok to kill because you one is a woman.
I suppose you havent bothered to notice that has been said already in this thread about 200 times. -yawn-.
And coherently, at that.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:33 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times
it makes me sick that people call unborn babies parasites as if they are not a living human.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2l1-...layer_embedded

Old 11-17-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Ok, buddy. I grew up in Germany and moved to the states when I was young, and I was called a Nazi because of my accent growing up.

There is no way you can compare women voluntarily inducing miscarriage to a group of people killing ADULTS and CHILDREN that were living, breathing and self contained being murdered.

I don't give the same rights to an 8 week old fetus as I do a 40 year old man. Sorry, that will never change. Calling it genocide does not make it genocide.
why not? did you feel that way with your children? why is an 8 week old fetus garbage to be thrown away to you? why is live so undeserving of respect?

Old 11-17-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaada View Post
it makes me sick that people call unborn babies parasites as if they are not a living human.
Hmmmm......fetus gets all its nutrients, etc from the mother (host).
What else do you want to call that relationship?
It sure isnt symbiotic.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:41 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
SSSNORE

OK well you take that up with the Dr's at Kaiser who referred to one of my pregnancies that way.

Too bad you don't like the medical verbiage.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Hmmmm......fetus gets all its nutrients, etc from the mother (host).
What else do you want to call that relationship?
It sure isnt symbiotic.
ummm what do you call it then? what is it kicking you? its alive not dead thing in you

Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taboo2 View Post
OK well you take that up with the Dr's at Kaiser who referred to one of my pregnancies that way.

Too bad you don't like the medical verbiage.
take what up? i showed a video of a baby in the womb

Old 11-17-2010, 10:46 AM

Quote:
ummm what do you call it then? what is it kicking you? its alive not dead thing in you
Parasitic doesnt mean dead.
PLEASE, go educate yourself, Google is your friend.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,872,403 times
I'm pregnant.

I hate this debate.

As the descendent of holocaust survivors I hate the disgusting and offensive Nazi references by people I strongly suspect would have been right in line offering the Nazi salute in 1936. As the descendent of rape survivors I hate the santimony. As someone who has struggled to get pregnant and stay pregnant I hate the presumption that women make reproductive decisions without thought.

Pregnancy is the hardest damned thing in the world. If a woman chooses to go through with a pregnancy well good for her. If she does not choose to subject her body to nine months of nausea, backache, organ swelling, weight gain, exhaustion and hours and hours of extremely painful expulsion of a fetus from her body that is her decision and hers alone.

Mind your own business and leave her alone. Your personal morals and religious beliefs should matter not a damn when it comes to what someone else does with her uterus.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Parasitic doesnt mean dead.
PLEASE, go educate yourself, Google is your friend.
i have more education than you will ever know- i love personal attacks LOL- who needs an edumacation now

a) A parasite is defined as an organism of one species living in or on an organism of another species (a heterospecific relationship) and deriving its nourishment from the host (is metabolically dependent on the host). (See Cheng, T.C., General Parasitology, p. 7, 1973.)

b) A human embryo or fetus is an organism of one species (Homo sapiens) living in the uterine cavity of an organism of the same species (Homo sapiens) and deriving its nourishment from the mother (is metabolically dependent on the mother). This homospecific relationship is an obligatory dependent relationship, but not a parasitic relationship.

a) A parasite is an invading organism -- coming to parasitize the host from an outside source.
b) A human embryo or fetus is formed from a fertilized egg -- the egg coming from an inside source, being formed in the ovary of the mother from where it moves into the oviduct where it may be fertilized to form the zygote -- the first cell of the new human being.

a) A parasite is generally harmful to some degree to the host that is harboring the parasite.
b) A human embryo or fetus developing in the uterine cavity does not usually cause harm to the mother, although it may if proper nutrition and care is not maintained by the mother.

a) A parasite makes direct contact with the host's tissues, often holding on by either mouth parts, hooks or suckers to the tissues involved (intestinal lining, lungs, connective tissue, etc.).
b) A human embryo or fetus makes direct contact with the uterine lining of the mother for only a short period of time. It soon becomes isolated inside its own amniotic sac, and from that point on makes indirect contact with the mother only by way of the umbilical cord and placenta.

a) When a parasite invades host tissue, the host tissue will sometimes respond by forming a capsule (of connective tissue) to surround the parasite and cut it off from other surrounding tissue (examples would be Paragonimus westermani, lung fluke, or Oncocerca volvulus, a nematode worm causing cutaneous filariasis in the human).
b) When the human embryo or fetus attaches to and invades the lining tissue of the mother's uterus, the lining tissue responds by surrounding the human embryo and does not cut it off from the mother, but rather establishes a means of close contact (the placenta) between the mother and the new human being.

a) When a parasite invades a host, the host will usually respond by forming antibodies in response to the somatic antigens (molecules comprising the body of the parasite) or metabolic antigens (molecules secreted or excreted by the parasite) of the parasite. Parasitism usually involves an immunological response on the part of the host. (See Cheng, T.C., General Parasitology, p. 8.)
b) New evidence, presented by Beer and Billingham in their article, "The Embryo as a Transplant" (Scientific American, April, 1974), indicates that the mother does react to the presence of the embryo by producing humoral antibodies, but they suggest that the trophoblast -- the jacket of cells surrounding the embryo -- blocks the action of these antibodies and therefore the embryo or fetus is not rejected. This reaction is unique to the embryo-mother relationship.

a) A parasite is generally detrimental to the reproductive capacity of the invaded host. The host may be weakened, diseased or killed by the parasite, thus reducing or eliminating the host's capacity to reproduce.
b) A human embryo or fetus is absolutely essential to the reproductive capacity of the involved mother (and species). The mother is usually not weakened, diseased or killed by the presence of the embryo or fetus, but rather is fully tolerant of this offspring which must begin his or her life in this intimate and highly specialized relationship with the mother.

a) A parasite is an organism that, once it invades the definitive host, will usually remain with host for life (as long as it or the host survives).
b) A human embryo or fetus has a temporary association with the mother, remaining only a number of months in the uterus.

A parasite is an organism that associates with the host in a negative, unhealthy and nonessential (nonessential to the host) manner which will often damage the host and detrimentally affect the procreative capacity of the host (and species).

A human embryo or fetus is a human being that associates with the mother in a positive, healthful essential manner necessary for the procreation of the species.

this segment is brought to you by Libertarians for Life - Why the Embryo or Fetus Is Not a Parasite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies